Rules (Updated: Dec 2014)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GordonVance
Spoken languages: English, learning German and Japanese.

Re: Rules (last updated 09-06-2013)

Post by GordonVance »

what is the board attachment quota??
Credit to rajin and capcom and me!!
SpazzyWings
Spoken languages: English

Post by SpazzyWings »

I have to quickly ask this, because I have this picture of Mr. L'Belle, and I really want to post it...

How gory could I go with my content? Because I seriously have L'Belle bathing in the blood of Redd White and Rick Wellington. Like literally, in the style of the Blood Countess. He's covered, no worries, but the gore is the most concern I have right now. I know we have requests for gory murder request, but I am making sure I'm not going too far here.

Can someone answer this?
Tap

Post by Tap »

SpazzyWings wrote:I have to quickly ask this, because I have this picture of Mr. L'Belle, and I really want to post it...

How gory could I go with my content? Because I seriously have L'Belle bathing in the blood of Redd White and Rick Wellington. Like literally, in the style of the Blood Countess. He's covered, no worries, but the gore is the most concern I have right now. I know we have requests for gory murder request, but I am making sure I'm not going too far here.

Can someone answer this?
I can't answer this without first seeing the picture, so please send me a PM at your earliest convenience. :)
ImageImage
SpazzyWings

Post by SpazzyWings »

Tap wrote:
SpazzyWings wrote:I have to quickly ask this, because I have this picture of Mr. L'Belle, and I really want to post it...

Can someone answer this?
I can't answer this without first seeing the picture, so please send me a PM at your earliest convenience. :)
Alright: I have class unfortunately but I will show it to you ASAP.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

So, how long does a forum user have to be inactive for before they're considered "inactive?" Because I was wanting to make some minor modifications to a set of sprites I found, but the user hasn't posted anything since February.
Image Image Image
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

That is moderately inactive, but I'm pretty sure the official "inactive" staple is given after a year or two has passed.
Av by ticcy
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I believe it's actually 6 months. Though that has yet to be reflected on the rules.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Okay, makes sense. I actually looked up the user on court records as well, just to see if he/she was active there, and he/she hadn't posted there since January 2013, and upon looking at his/her AAO profile again, I noticed that the last post was actually February of last year, not this one.

I would still like to get an official ruling on this before I proceed, however.
Image Image Image
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Then you are more than safe. I would like Tap to update the rules asap.

I believe the rule is 6 months of inactivity AND no way to contact that person (via AAO, CR, youtube, newgrounds, deviantArt).
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Now, if someone's inactive on a certain site (e.g. AAO and CR), would that mean that person cannot be contacted via that site, or are people still expected to send a PM just in case? If one is expected to send a PM, how long would one need to wait for a response?
Image Image Image
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I would assume that the recipient wouldn't be available, so wether or not you send a PM is rendered moot. I do believe the 6 months rule takes precedence.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Yes, the rule of thumb we've generally followed is members are considered inactive if they haven't posted on the forums in six months since their last post. However, you still need to exhaust all possible ways to contact those members. This part of the rule is necessary as members might be considered "inactive" even when they are sometimes visiting the forums.
ImageImage
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: Rules (Last updated 09-06-2013)

Post by Broocevelt »

Seeing how this rule is kind of innacurate (and has been for a long time, we don't want set rules that we actually allow to be broken)...

The following rule has been changed:
  • You must only post requests for art to be used for cases in the art requests topic.
It now reads:
  • You should only post requests for art to be used for cases in the art requests topic.
    • You may post a request in a specific artist's topic, if said artist claims to accept requests in their personal topic.
    • You must not post a request from the art requests topic in a specific artist's topic. This will be considered as spam.
This is only for the sake of clarity and in no way affects what we have been doing up to this point. (To be honest we were breaking the rules all this time :P )
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Rules (Updated: Dec 2014)

Post by kwando1313 »

How about in reverse though? Is it fine to post a request in a specific artist's thread, then post it in the requests thread?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: Rules (Updated: Dec 2014)

Post by Broocevelt »

You are just not allowed to repost the open request. The reverse should be fine, although I'll be lenient with that to an extent (say, one should normally post the request openly once it has been rejected by the specific artist. This should not be used to bypass the entire rule, at least I'll make sure it isn't)

EDIT: I'll add a small note just so it's crystal clear