[T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney ★★★○ (Small Update)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Narokh
Spoken languages: German, English

Re: [T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney (Case 3 out) ★★★○

Post by Narokh »

Jean Of mArc wrote:Hey Narokh,

Played "The Failed Turnabout" and thought it was great; not that it's a surprise! :D

Compared with the previous one, I felt like it was a bit too much in-the-courtroom work, but it was still a great case overall. I really like that there's an entire history to your cases, and that they don't just all stand on their own. Also, your custom work in this one definitely went noticed. I was actually most impressed by the sprite of the defense "thinking" (that is, fiddling with his glasses). Great work!

I took some grammar/spelling notes this time.
Here they are!
Spoiler : Notes :
- "a great passion to me." --> "a great passion of mine."
- "fate of a yong woman that's on stake here." --> "young"
- "So, have you been in the park the entire time?" --> "So, were you in the park the entire time?"
- "With 'other end of the park', you refer to the position of where you found the body?" --> "By 'other end of the park'...'"
- "Thats not what I meant." --> "That's"
- "It isn't, trust me. And here's hoping that you'll never do." --> "And here's hoping that you never do."

- Usually "Court Record" is capitalized. Also, it's not a bad idea to have the evidence being added displayed on-screen, though it's certainly not necessary.

- Nice little tune for Mr. Spicious!

- "That way I didn't risk to trip over anything I couldn't see." --> "That way, I didn't risk tripping over anything I couldn't see."
- "And I was more than enough to get a clear view of the crime scene once I found it." --> "And it was more than enough to get a clear view..."
- "This is indeed a surprising new information, and enough to further incriminate Ms. Trodectus." --> "This is indeed a surprising new piece of information..."
- "Due to the distance, I couldn't see every single of her facial features, but still enough to tell it was her." --> "I couldn't see every detail of her facial features..."
- "As you see, I am convinced that I saw no other than her that night." --> "As you can see, I am convinced that I saw no one other than her that night."
- "Oh really not?" --> "Oh, really?" (I can't remember the context for this)

- The music ends kind of abruptly when Payne shows the spider pin.

- "But up until now, the worst thing I had to take care off was some littering." --> "off" -> "of"
- "Could you describe this event a bit closer to us?" --> "Could you describe this event in more detail for us?"

- Haha, I like the part where the guard gets nervous and then says he confesses.

- The courtroom scenes don't have the witness.

- "action-movie" --> "action movie".

- There's a long stretch during the "Press" on "I saw one of them pointing a gun at the other" that the security guard just holds his thumb out. Seems kind of odd.

- "Your Honor, defense requests to have this fact added to Mr. Dwerng's testimony." --> "the defense"
- "Could you clearly tell from who each voice came from?" --> "Could you clearly tell from whom each voice came?"
- "The first shout sounded sounded a bit surprised or maybe panicked as far as I could tell." (Too many "sounded" here)
- "Were, and how exactly were you hiding if I may ask?" --> "Where and how, exactly, were you hiding, if I may ask?"
- "So, just to summarize. The scream happened after the gunshot and was had male voice?" --> Get rid of "was".
- "So we can assume that the he did indeed hear a loud, unsilenced gunshot." --> Get rid of "the".
- "There is a very simple reason to what Mr. Dwerng saw, even without a third person." --> "There is a very simple reason for what Mr. Dwerng saw..."
- "There does seem to be something at odd now." --> Get rid of "at".
- "He clearly mentioned that he saw Ms. Trodectus entering the park " (These are two frames that were supposed to be merged, but were not).
- "But didn't Mr. Spicious said that it was the victim?" --> "said" -> "say".
- "We parted ways at the place were the crime would take place. He left, but I decided to stay for a moment." --> "We parted ways at the place where the crime would later take place."
- "You need to fully trust them to be able to defend them with conviction." (I'd write "A lawyer needs to fully trust their client to be able to defend them with conviction." instead here. (The pronouns were getting confusing).
Anyway, great and fun case; looking forward to the big conclusion!
Oomph, those are quite a lot of points, I'll see if I can get to those when I have some time. :shock:

Glad you like the story though. Believe it or not, much of it was added as I wrote the cases - case 1 was supposed to function as a standalone case (as I had no idea if it would be anywhere popular enough to justify making more) as was case 2. It was not until I was well working on case 2 (and conceptualizing case 3) until I came up with the story details. I hope I will be able to start working on case 4 sometime, but currently there's a lot of stuff occupying me and my motivation and ideas have come to a halt.
But I guess that's nothing you guys aren't used to from me by now. :mrgreen:
Visit my "Matt Silver: Ace Attorney" Trial Series Thread!

I also have a Sprite Thread.

Current Avatar created by Aer
Esrom
Spoken languages: English

Post by Esrom »

Well, it's been a while since I played these cases. Some very interesting ideas, with some interesting OCs. The custom sprites for Matt Silver, in particular, are good. (Though Blake definitely needs custom sprites, and his own office, so we don't just see him as an Edgeworth expy).

I think the series definitely gets better as it goes along. There are a few awkward bits here and there (last I checked, the first case particularly suffered from some strange placeholders -- a whip looks nothing like a wristband, for one thing), but otherwise the plots are great and keep me interested, and I'm looking forward to seeing Case 4 (which ties everything together).

I'll probably have more in-depth comments later on. Perhaps after I replay the cases so they're fresher in my mind.
R.Killer

Post by R.Killer »

Hey, just played your Turnabout Deception Trial. I liked it quite a bit, there was no huge leaps in logic and the story was well put together. The relative simplicity compared to the previous case I played was refreshing. Other than a couple spelling errors, Turnabout Deception feels like an actual Ace Attorney game. Well done.
bilgiemail

Post by bilgiemail »

Case 1, I have trouble playing. Every sprite etc. works but Matt Silver does not have a sprite. Only empty defense bench. I waited it to appear but it didn't. I have Firefox. What can I do?
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

bilgiemail wrote:Case 1, I have trouble playing. Every sprite etc. works but Matt Silver does not have a sprite. Only empty defense bench. I waited it to appear but it didn't. I have Firefox. What can I do?
The file upload site that I use sometimes has some trouble. Give it a day or two and they should be available again.

Narokh

Post by Narokh »

256 Pi wrote:What site do you use?
Fileden.
And as of now, it looks like it's not going to come back. If that's the case, I will have to reupload the entire sprites somewhere else.
However, if I remember correctly this means I will have to re-insert the new sprites into every single frame of the cases separately... which will be a huge pain to do, and I'm not sure if I even have the time to do so. >.<

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Nope. You just need to replace the same image that you had in the original thing, and it auto replaces. Backgrounds, however, do need to be all replaced.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

kwando1313 wrote:Nope. You just need to replace the same image that you had in the original thing, and it auto replaces. Backgrounds, however, do need to be all replaced.
Ah, that's good to know, thank you.
I probably was thinking of an earlier version of the trialmaker then - or mistaken altogether. Either way, I'll see what I can do. No promises though as when I will be able to.

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I'd guess an earlier version. xP

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Just FYI, I use Photobucket to upload images. I tried Fileden with custom music, but got complaints due to the music disappearing. I assume the same is happening with your sprites.

Photobucket takes very little time to upload images (at least for me, but I don't know what your internet is like), so I would recommend using it. Replacing all the sprites and backgrounds would take about a day, I'm guessing. And, in case you're using any custom music, I suggest using kiwi6.com.

PM me when everything's ready so I can see! :D
Aceattorneyrocks

Post by Aceattorneyrocks »

Okay, I'm kinda stuck in the testimony where Dwerg is so insistent that the knock-out didn't affect his memory. I have no clue on where it is.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it out.
Last edited by Aceattorneyrocks on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------

Godot Rules! :godot:
DerpHerpmann

Post by DerpHerpmann »

I'm stuck on the testimony "Returning to the park". Help?
DerpHerpmann

Post by DerpHerpmann »

Never mind, just finished it.
Spoiler : My thoughts :
Nathan Valon, you little dickhead! :evil:
LGelevator

Post by LGelevator »

Just started playing Turnabout Deception, and am really enjoying it. However, I'm having a glitch for some reason: Several pieces of evidence you have to "check" will not load images, so I end up with an incompletable game after presenting the 2nd required piece of evidence in part 3. I'm also not seeing sprites for Matt Silver or James Tyron. (I'm new here, so I hope I'm asking questions in the right place...)