AAO Mafia Help/Support Provided

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
NatLazy

Re: AAO Mafia Help/Support Provided

Post by NatLazy »

XDGummyDX wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:Geno, are you seriously going to MAKE people use their Hidden Powers, if they're not used in the beginning? That's just....unstrategic.
...Where did you get this idea?

Wait. P_A? Izzat you? :shock:
Yep, it's Nickie!!(That's a question I can answer)

And this idea was actually kinda my fault. I can't explain stuff very well when it's like 11:30 PM. Plus as it turns out, I can't remember stuff that well, and I was staring at the wrong part of the rules trying to figure out what he was talking about in the first place.
My bad. *goes to reread rules again*

-CUT- (OW!)

I like that Idea Fuzz!
XDGummyDX
Spoken languages: English, pequito Espanol.

Post by XDGummyDX »

Hmm.....Very good idea, Fuzz. I should do that. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Thank you for the sig, Kuro~
Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

I thought of something useful! *Does the Fuzz dance*
AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

Question. I understand that the Wario role for Round V must also give consent when asked for affiliation.

How will this work? I mean, seriously...

Geno : Person X requested you to affiliate with the mafia!
Wario : Ehh... no thanks.

Now the Wario role knows that Person X is in the mafia, and can use this for metagaming or whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong in thinking this way, I'm just concerned.
Brb.
NatLazy

Post by NatLazy »

Hm... the way I had understood it, it would be more like...
Wario sends a PM to the GM:
"Hey, I'd like to be in the mafia"
Then lets hypothetically say that Geno is Kammy Koopa, obviously of the Mafia faction. Geno found out that Scribbles is Wario. He sends a PM to the GM:
"Hello GM! I'd like Scribbles, who I understand to be Wario, to be affiliated with the mafia!"
If Geno is right, then great! He receives a confromation from the GM, and Wario is now mafioso!
Now if Geno was wrong, and really say Regy was Wario, the GM would send a PM to both Wario and Regy, informing them that the switch did not work.
RandomJibberish

Post by RandomJibberish »

I was thinking more...

Say I was Wario, and Nat was Mafia. Nat would PM the GM: Hi, I reckion Jibber's Wario, Lemme recruit him!

Then The GM would PM me: Smeone from the mafia wants to recruit you! Do you want to join the mafia?

And I reply with a yes or no.

This makes more sense, because if I wanted to join the mafia, but only right at the end of the game, I wouldn't randomly become mafia too early without my consent.
ImageImage
ImageImage
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

RandomJibberish wrote:I was thinking more...

Say I was Wario, and Nat was Mafia. Nat would PM the GM: Hi, I reckion Jibber's Wario, Lemme recruit him!

Then The GM would PM me: Smeone from the mafia wants to recruit you! Do you want to join the mafia?

And I reply with a yes or no.

This makes more sense, because if I wanted to join the mafia, but only right at the end of the game, I wouldn't randomly become mafia too early without my consent.
This seems likely.
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

Alright, thank you.
Brb.
Advance Stratagist

Post by Advance Stratagist »

I've done affiliations in the past in other games, and how they've seemed to work then was something like this.

Wildcard player: Hi there Mr GM person, I would like to join the mafia!
Mafia player: Hi there mr. GM I would like to request that Mr. Smith join the Mafia!

if it works.

Wildcard player is told : Congrats, you ish in mafia!
Mafia player is told: Congrats, Mr. Smith ish now in mafia!

if it doesn't

Wild is told : It didn't work! sorry!
Mafia is told: it didn't work, no new mafia player for you!

If it's different then that, feel free to correct me, but that's how I've seen it work in the past.
Image It hatched, and it still wants clicks. Go figure.
videocrazy
Spoken languages: English

Post by videocrazy »

The answer is none of the above. I asked geno, if someone requests to affiliate Wario, he's in, whether or not he likes it.

Advance Stratagist

Alright I do see the slight difference now that I look at Wario's description again. I can see why that'd work better actually, you don't have to worry about people lying about having a wildcard to try to catch out a mafian. In either case though, I believe the "hey you're in the *insert faction here*" pm's would work more or less the same.
Regy Rusty

Post by Regy Rusty »

Actually, this is pretty interesting because it's now in Wario's best interest to find someone or the faction that they want to work with ASAP, because otherwise, someone may discover him and affiliate him to a faction he doesn't want to work with.
Advance Stratagist

Like I said, honestly I like it better then the original format.

With wildcards, townies can try all they want to see if that person claiming wild is telling the truth, what do they have to lose? Mafians however run the risk that the person is lying and is hoping to catch out a mafian by pretending to be a wildcard (I've seen it happen before actually). This way, they don't have to worry about it so much. All they have to do is find a wildcard, and they can affiliate them without running the risk of leaking their identity.
atomicscribble

Post by atomicscribble »

From what I remember, this is going to run the same as it always has. This would include both parties requesting for the one wildcard to be affliated via PM to Geno or myself. Consider this your official confirmation. ;)
Co-GM for AAO Mafia Round V!
videocrazy
Spoken languages: English

Post by videocrazy »

videocrazy15 (1:10:07 PM): Ok, I misunderstood Wario's mafia power. Also, I'm a bit confused. Does wario need to consent to an affiliation?
genodragon1 (1:10:23 PM): Have wildcard ever in this game?
videocrazy15 (1:11:06 PM): I can't remember. They haven't been around since round II
videocrazy15 (1:11:13 PM): Plus, this is the confusing part: A Rival’s Greed: Wario only needs the request of one living player for the request to go through. Only the player that affiliates Wario and Wario are told of the success of the request. Also, players can only make one affiliation request per phase, and it cannot be redirected.
genodragon1 (1:11:29 PM): Yes, what's the problem?
videocrazy15 (1:11:37 PM): Wario only needs the request of one living player for the request to go through.
videocrazy15 (1:12:10 PM): The way it's worded, it sounds like Wario has no choice
genodragon1 (1:12:17 PM): He doesn't.
genodragon1 (1:12:27 PM): Read. The. Rules. M'boy.
videocrazy15 (1:13:11 PM): But this part is where I misunderstood, page 18, by scribble:

@Cracker: It works like a Wildcard has always worked, just with one person and the role themselves this time. Both parties must give consent for the affliation to work.
genodragon1 (1:14:09 PM): Ah. Scribs is a little lacking when it comes to knowledge of the rules. Of course, my advantage is I wrote them.
Now that I know how to pull up AIM logs anytime I want, you can expect me to do it a bit.