The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom - Discord

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom - Voting Time

Post by Singidava »

Tested it and I'm definitely for the move. So much better!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

How exactly would we handle the move if it's implemented btw? Gom's chat is the one we've been testing in but would we make a new one for the official one and carry over the mods, admins, rules, etc. to there?

Edit: Okay so....very weird feature discovered in Discord.

Apparently you can delete other people's posts. Like...just completely, anyone can do it. You can delete any post you want by whoever you want, even as a member. This could be an issue.

FTR, my vote is flexible so long as we can kill issues like this before making any official move, but this can be a huge issue if there's no way to stop it. Anyone able to find a way to disable this function?
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

I've ran into this issue in kwando's discord yesterday together with Rune and Evo, but when I made mention of it he seemed to be able to fix it fairly quickly.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I was under the impression that GD would make his own.

...Although if kwando is going to be the one making/running/managing the bot, tbh making him main owner might not be a terrible idea.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

gotMLK7 wrote:How exactly would we handle the move if it's implemented btw? Gom's chat is the one we've been testing in but would we make a new one for the official one and carry over the mods, admins, rules, etc. to there?

Edit: Okay so....very weird feature discovered in Discord.

Apparently you can delete other people's posts. Like...just completely, anyone can do it. You can delete any post you want by whoever you want, even as a member. This could be an issue.

FTR, my vote is flexible so long as we can kill issues like this before making any official move, but this can be a huge issue if there's no way to stop it. Anyone able to find a way to disable this function?
It's an easy disable, and not a problem at all. I've just been too lazy to implement it completely.

Also, yes. That seems to be GD's plan. I'll probably keep mine open tho, for people who don't want to be treated like 14 year olds because of the outdated ruleset we have.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

gotMLK7 wrote:Apparently you can delete other people's posts. Like...just completely, anyone can do it. You can delete any post you want by whoever you want, even as a member. This could be an issue.
I'm like 90% sure it only deletes comments clientside. Everyone else can read a comment you've deleted, just not you. I can't imagine any chat system would ever give any rando that kind of power.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Reecer6 wrote:
gotMLK7 wrote:Apparently you can delete other people's posts. Like...just completely, anyone can do it. You can delete any post you want by whoever you want, even as a member. This could be an issue.
I'm like 90% sure it only deletes comments clientside. Everyone else can read a comment you've deleted, just not you. I can't imagine any chat system would ever give any rando that kind of power.
Testing it, no, it deleted on EVERYONE'S pages. It's apparently easy to disable which is a relief but I have NO idea why that's a feature that can be implemented.
Gombarry wrote:It's an easy disable, and not a problem at all. I've just been too lazy to implement it completely.

Also, yes. That seems to be GD's plan. I'll probably keep mine open tho, for people who don't want to be treated like 14 year olds because of the outdated ruleset we have.
Alright then, just wanted to check for sake of how we're handling transferring mods over and such. I don't hate the new format or such but I'm trying to be cautious in it to make sure things go smoothly should the chat officially move there, hence why I'm picking at the holes in the system as much as I can help to kill any issues straight from the get-go. So long as we can transition smoothly like that, I'm perfectly fine with moving over, I just want to be cautious.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Nice job on making it so only the person who made the room can delete it~

Other tweaks/suggestions:
-Create a !whomade [channel] function to say who made the channel
-Change the message for !deletechannel to give an error message when someone who can't delete the room tries to delete it (possibly also saying who the room creator was)
-Let mods delete rooms even if they aren't the creator

One optional possibility:
Dunno if it'd be better or worse. It'd make it easier to reduce clutter, but also opens up a possible hole for troll channel-deleting. It's just an option.

EDIT: One other option now is also to limit everyone to one active room at a time. It could help prevent clutter, and make people clean up after themselves.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

Mods and Admins can always delete the channel themselves if necessary.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

not according to rune
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

I can delete some, but not all. I'm assuming this is to prevent the deletion of the main channels though, but make sure all other channels are always set to deletable.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Yeah, I have the bot be able to delete all created channels, but it can't delete art, gaming, and general.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

The Automated Mafia Storytelling AlgoRhythm, hosted by lovely chatbot Vonneau of my own creation, is going smoothly! I've already got recording whose playing down pat (although no system that would allow for saving roles yet), as well as starting the game and PMing everyone to tell them they're villagers!

This has been a huge amount of work!
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Still taking suggestions for more dank memes commands to put in!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

OK, since it looks (by the votes) that a heavy majority wants to move to Discord... Can we bring up another aspect that might need modernizing?

Mainly, it's the rules for the chat for AAO. And (for me) at least, it's mostly the swearing rules.

Either way, I think it's something that warrants discussion...