Resources: AA OC Collection!

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Re: Resources: AA OC Collection! Formerly known as the random characters for people to use thread.

Post by risefromtheashes »

(Post written by Ashley)
Joke's on you, Imgur, we backed everything up onto Google Drive (see the OP).
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Re: Resources: AA OC Collection!

Post by AshuraMage »

Thank God you did that. Losing all this sprites would basically mean the end of the site.

It's sad that we can't see the character's mugshot before seeing their sprites, but everything comes at a price, I guess.
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
casewriter
Spoken languages: English

Post by casewriter »

lol
Last edited by casewriter on Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
casewriter

Post by casewriter »

okay
Last edited by casewriter on Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

It can be perceived as disrespectful (even if it's not your intention) to critique fan works without any real pedigree/experience in this area yourself. These are usually made as is by people of varying skill levels and all for other's ultimate benefit. Maybe all that was made was all the creator needed for their project etc. and people are free to amend subject to usage rights.

Some people here are inactive as well, so comments will fall on deaf ears. Others (like me) will improve older sets as they gain more experience. It's up to the artist.

You're always free to add to these sets if you need more poses.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
casewriter

Post by casewriter »

SuperAj3 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:35 am It can be perceived as disrespectful (even if it's not your intention) to critique fan works without any real pedigree/experience in this area yourself. These are usually made as is by people of varying skill levels and all for other's ultimate benefit. Maybe all that was made was all the creator needed for their project etc. and people are free to amend subject to usage rights.

Some people here are inactive as well, so comments will fall on deaf ears. Others (like me) will improve older sets as they gain more experience. It's up to the artist.

You're always free to add to these sets if you need more poses.
When did I say I needed more poses? When did I say I was on expert on the subject? Who is an expert on Ace Attorney Online spriting specifically? Also, how do you know that was all the creator needed for their project, etc.? Your argument isn't invalid, I just want a few points clarified. All opinions are valid.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

The Imgur situation has seemingly gotten worse, folks!

I've already gone and backed up everything I have on there myself, but I recommend you all do the same, as it seems like they've decided to make the entire reason everyone uses their site against the rules. I would say this is worthy of a wider site-wide PSA at this point, as it seems like it'll affect practically every trial using Imgur, but I don't know who to ask regarding that or how I'd go about it.

I have no idea of what the alternatives are at this point, or if there's a chance they might walk this back when they see how unpopular it is, but in any case, I wish you all the best in this hectic time, and here's hoping it'll work itself out without the worst case scenario taking place.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

DLA wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:04 pm The Imgur situation has seemingly gotten worse, folks!

I've already gone and backed up everything I have on there myself, but I recommend you all do the same, as it seems like they've decided to make the entire reason everyone uses their site against the rules. I would say this is worthy of a wider site-wide PSA at this point, as it seems like it'll affect practically every trial using Imgur, but I don't know who to ask regarding that or how I'd go about it.

I have no idea of what the alternatives are at this point, or if there's a chance they might walk this back when they see how unpopular it is, but in any case, I wish you all the best in this hectic time, and here's hoping it'll work itself out without the worst case scenario taking place.
Thanks for sharing. We moved everything to google drive for this reason. (All my assets are deleted from imgur as well and rehosted to my github).

Github hosting is an alternative. There is also a site skyem shared on discord called File Garden which she said was designed for hotlinking. Best to read into alternatives before you use them to make sure hotlinking is acceptable.
ImageImageImageImage
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

I was sort of planning on seeing where this went, since I've at least got all the sprite sets I use physically backed up, but it seems like imgur's tired of being a hotlinking platform and wants to be more of a post based social site.
That's fair, but it'll kill a lot of stuff and I have a series of images which are *exclusively* on imgur which I better start backing up.

Thank goodness the hosts of threads like these are active! Thanks folks!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Tiagofvarela wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:17 am I was sort of planning on seeing where this went, since I've at least got all the sprite sets I use physically backed up, but it seems like imgur's tired of being a hotlinking platform and wants to be more of a post based social site.
That's fair, but it'll kill a lot of stuff and I have a series of images which are *exclusively* on imgur which I better start backing up.

Thank goodness the hosts of threads like these are active! Thanks folks!
Please give this thanks to risefromtheashes! They did an amazing job of jumping on top of this as soon as the imgur announcement arrived.

Also update: the google doc is now privated - all images are now in the drive!
ImageImageImageImage
risefromtheashes

(Post written by Alastor)

Sometime this week, we're gonna make a copy of the Google doc with mugshot previews linking to the Drive folders like they did before with the Imgur albums. Just give us some time and things will be back to normal.
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Thanks for taking the time out to do this! I'm not sure when was the last time they were maintained, since they seem to be fairly inactive in comparison to this one, but it might be worth getting word to whoever's in charge of the Canon Characters and Locations, Resources, Etc. threads to back that stuff up too.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
risefromtheashes

DLA wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:15 pm Thanks for taking the time out to do this! I'm not sure when was the last time they were maintained, since they seem to be fairly inactive in comparison to this one, but it might be worth getting word to whoever's in charge of the Canon Characters and Locations, Resources, Etc. threads to back that stuff up too.
(Post written by Sunny)

Tee hee, joke's on you, we backed that all up too~ :D
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:

----------
risefromtheashes

(Post written by Sunny)
OKAY WE REMADE THE DOC, SUGAR SHOULD BE ABLE TO UPDATE THE OP IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS! :D

Now praise us for spending HOURS and DAYS backing up all these sprites, rehosting them, hotlinking them in the doc, and alphabetizing the mugshots and the text hotlinks. :D :D :D
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:

----------
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

insert_praise_here

:nod: :nod: :nod:
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout