Remeniscence: AAO Mafia Round IV

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
atomicscribble

Re: Remeniscence: AAO Mafia Round IV

Post by atomicscribble »

It's more situational, if anything.
Forcemaster wrote:...Death Note mafia... That would kick ass, actually.
This.
Co-GM for AAO Mafia Round V!
Advance Stratagist

Post by Advance Stratagist »

.... yeah, it probably woulda helped if I actually watched death note at all.
Image It hatched, and it still wants clicks. Go figure.
Regy Rusty

Post by Regy Rusty »

o.o

That has to be the most ah... convoluted clue I've ever heard of. I've read Death Note, and I still wouldn't have gotten it.
atomicscribble

Post by atomicscribble »

Aha. I'm not exactly the most straightforward thinker sometimes. My bad.
Co-GM for AAO Mafia Round V!
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

Ah yes, Death Note. One of the things that Puc decided I had to hold at some point. To be honest, it might be interesting, but I never had as much interest, the early episodes with the L vs Light were good, but after a certain point, it just felt contrived. I dunno, I could try making a good one, but I'm still working on the ones I personally want to try holding.

Still, if we ever do hold one, I'd be quite interested in playing in it.
"I can do this dood!"
Forcemaster
Spoken languages: English

Post by Forcemaster »

Another L fangirl...

The only problem is, all of the possible town roles are either detectives or police, making possible powers kinda limited to investigations unless we work something out...
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I tried working out roles for a Death Note Mafia game once.

...I didn't get very far. :yuusaku:

Yay for using smileys that aren't here. XD
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

Heheh, I'm the opposite problem. I had too many ideas for a Death Note game. After milling it for a bit, I decided on one particular one.

Heh, I'd love to talk to whoever ends up holding it, if ever, if only to ask them if I can take co-GM and give them my ideas.

Hmmm, now I'm down to graphics, myself. I got so prepared, but apparently Puc is still playing through them, and refuses to do any art until she beats both Trauma Centers I own...

Guess I get to do the pieces myself.

You know, Geno, this stuff just keeps coming up, perhaps it would be worth making a topic specifically for people to discuss their ideas for Mafia Rounds? Or perhaps we could just convert Unas's thread for the purpose? Similar enough, wouldn't you say?
"I can do this dood!"
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

atomicscribble wrote:
Advance Stratagist wrote:Scribbles, Even knowing what your answer was supposed to be, I still have no idea how that riddle of yours was supposed to say that. You'll have to explain that one at some point, I'd love to hear it.
I admit, it was a little loopy. Coming from someone who has read the series up until volume 8 of 12 volumes, I guess having a lot of knowledge about what came before helped.

Basically, the entire subtext of the Light and L scene was that L was mad that, through all his investigation of Light, Light is not the serial killer he's looking for. L then feels depressed and doesn't feel like doing anything more with the investigation. I investigated Video thinking I'd get something, and then when he returned vanilla Townie, I wasn't sure what to do the next phase, and the next. (Come to think of it, he was my only successful investigation even though I investigated every since phase. Blast!) I thought of the possibility that Video might be the Godmother/father, but it seemed a moot point and I didn't feel like pursuing it further.

So then Light punches L in the face really hard and goes apeshit, all, "Then what was the point of all that effort and locking me up and blah blah blah if you're just going to give up?" L hits him back even harder, saying, "An eye for an eye, my friend." And then they fight, and here's the key point: L never attacks Light unless Light attacks him first. What this was supposed to represent was that I knew I was going to die, leaving only two people who could have known: Video and AS. I struck AS from the list and decided on Video. (Holy shit, I was backwards. A few people saw me flipping out about that.) If Video made a move on me, that meant that, even through death, I could get AS to hit him back for me and take down the Godmother/father. "An eye for an eye." I would never have lynched Video on my own, unless he gave me reason to.

Additionally, if you watch the series, L describes Light as his first friend. Video was the first person to alliance with me during Round IV. As you wish. It would have been fantastic if I was right, yes?
The fact that I've come to you, and everyone else I like to have faith in, like Gummy, might not have tipped you off I was just trying to build up aquantinces?

Edit: I'm at school, so don't expect me to be on that much.

Advance Stratagist

Everybody's going to want more contacts video, townie and mafia alike. You're a fool to isolate yourself no matter which faction you get. The question becomes, are they honestly wanting to work with you to find out the mafia, or are they actually in the mafia hoping to get infomation that will help them.
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

I meant, I asked Scribs almost immediatly after the round started the last three rounds in a row. Why would doing it last round be suspicious?

Advance Stratagist

I doubt that it was suspicious by itself, we'll have to wait til she comes back on to find out what it was you may have said that made her wonder about you.
Regy Rusty

Post by Regy Rusty »

Ooh! Hey! I've just remembered something that was mentioned earlier in the round!

It involves videocrazy and AdvanceStratagist's death. If anyone is interested, we can go over the specific events involved here, and have a Regy Rusty sponsored "Mafia Learning Experience."

Please note that I don't want to humiliate anyone during this, but I would be pointing out a few errors in logical reasoning that could have backfired terribly.

So, anyone interested?
AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

I.

AM.

INTERESTED.

Haha, overly dramatic over there, but yeah, I'd love to hear.
Brb.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'd like to hear too~ :D