Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Anyone else think Blackquill was a bit out-of-character in the DLC case? It was like it was written by people who hadn't played 5-5.
Spoiler : :
The line about just being in it for the money... Blackquill knew Athena wasn't doing it for money, so why even mention it? Why did Athena give Blackquill such a hard time and think so little of him if she was planning to save him?

And also, since Blackquill goes against Phoenix in this case and it takes place before 5-4, how come when 5-4 comes around, they both treat it like their first case against each other? Phoenix says he'll beat Blackquill with his years of experience and Blackquill comments on how Phoenix proves capable of handling a sword. Phoenix already knows Blackquill is a formidable opponent and vice versa... it makes no sense.
It was pretty fun overall. It would have been nice to have more than just a lighthearted case that shouldn't be thought too deeply about though.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Remilia Scarlet wrote:Anyone else think Blackquill was a bit out-of-character in the DLC case? It was like it was written by people who hadn't played 5-5.
Spoiler : :
The line about just being in it for the money... Blackquill knew Athena wasn't doing it for money, so why even mention it? Why did Athena give Blackquill such a hard time and think so little of him if she was planning to save him?

And also, since Blackquill goes against Phoenix in this case and it takes place before 5-4, how come when 5-4 comes around, they both treat it like their first case against each other? Phoenix says he'll beat Blackquill with his years of experience and Blackquill comments on how Phoenix proves capable of handling a sword. Phoenix already knows Blackquill is a formidable opponent and vice versa... it makes no sense.
It was pretty fun overall. It would have been nice to have more than just a lighthearted case that shouldn't be thought too deeply about though.
Personally I think he shouldn't even have been the prosecutor for that case. Having Klavier be the prosecutor instead would've been much better.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Got the game a few days ago. Just finished Case 2. Florent L'Belle is awesome. I mean, the guy had frickin cell phones built into his suit. The one thing that bothers me about him is his massive shoulders. Seriously, his bones must be seriously deformed to look like that.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:Got the game a few days ago. Just finished Case 2. Florent L'Belle is awesome. I mean, the guy had frickin cell phones built into his suit. The one thing that bothers me about him is his massive shoulders. Seriously, his bones must be seriously deformed to look like that.
Or shoulder pads.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

...........Ngh. Shoulder pads are obviously in use here, thought the very idea of his shoulders actually looking like that is hilarious.
WhiteZekrom

Post by WhiteZekrom »

Motohide Eshido confirmed that he's working on the next GS. On the other hand, Shu Takumi also said he's working on something. Whether it's an IP or PL Vs. PW related is currently unknown.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

WhiteZekrom wrote:Motohide Eshido confirmed that he's working on the next GS. On the other hand, Shu Takumi also said he's working on something. Whether it's an IP or PL Vs. PW related is currently unknown.
That was Takeshi Yamazaki that said that. He said that they are working on the next title. Here be the link.

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 31&t=29853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
WhiteZekrom

Post by WhiteZekrom »

Jim Raynor wrote:
WhiteZekrom wrote:Motohide Eshido confirmed that he's working on the next GS. On the other hand, Shu Takumi also said he's working on something. Whether it's an IP or PL Vs. PW related is currently unknown.
That was Takeshi Yamazaki that said that. He said that they are working on the next title. Here be the link.

Whoops, my bad~

Also, is that the same guy that directed AAI? Or did the general series producer direct it?
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:Florent L'Belle is awesome
see this is why we'll never get along </3
rping him is fun but i just dont like him as a character... and he's the only really annoying character in GS5
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

WhiteZekrom wrote:
Jim Raynor wrote:

Whoops, my bad~

Also, is that the same guy that directed AAI? Or did the general series producer direct it?
Ayup. Same guy is the guy who directed AAI1 and AAI2. And Motohide Eshido is the producer for all the latest games Takeshi Yamazaki has been the director of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
WhiteZekrom

Post by WhiteZekrom »

Jim Raynor wrote:Ayup. Same guy is the guy who directed AAI1 and AAI2. And Motohide Eshido is the producer for all the latest games Takeshi Yamazaki has been the director of.
Ah~ Really, thanks for the clarification. I just thought that the latest entries' producer was the director. Really, GS and GK have a couple of key people.
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

D: Ughhh... everyone seems to have played this game already while I haven't... ;_; I need me some money!!
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Argh, more AAI style games.

Oh well. Bring it on.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Meph

Post by Meph »

mAc Chaos wrote:Argh, more AAI style games.
Or in other words: HAVE HINTS FOR EVERYTHING!

Also, spoiler rules are now officially null and void for this game. No need to bother with spoiler tags now, except out of kertacy (which I can't spell).
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

...Courtesy? *sweat*
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage