AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Novaraven747
Spoken languages: English and Google Translate XD

Re: AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Post by Novaraven747 »

TheDoctor wrote:I have a new patient here. It's Payne with Phoenix's hairstyle. I have the majority of them looking the way I want them to, but one them looks a little off.

Image Image

The one on the left is fine, but the one on the right looks strange for some reason.
O-O P-Payne? Is that you?
"Looking into the spirit of others is sometimes like looking into a pond. Though we aim to see what's deep in the bottom, we are often distracted by our own reflection." - Novaraven747
"Strive to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." - Boots Williams
DefenceLawyer
Spoken languages: English

Post by DefenceLawyer »

HI people, I am working on a sprite pose for episode 13 of my sprite comic and can't quite perfect it. I realise that it is only a simple sprite, but it was the first that I made after five years of not editing, so like it for what it is.

However, I need a sprite pose of him dialing a number and another of him holding a phone. You can see what I'm trying to do here.

Can anyone help me out?

I would obviously give you credit in my sprite comic post :)
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I've got a major project for anyone and everyone who wants to attempt this project.

Take a look at this sheet. It's complete. Yet, there are several problems with it. Yes, this is from 2013, when I debuted the new Lana set.
The main problem with the sprites is that her head is too big for her body. I have no idea how to fix that problem in particular.

The second problem is actually with the Zoom sprites at the bottom. I need the colors reduced to 255 colors or less, more-or-less in the style of the DS Trilogy.

The third problem I need fixed: I need more variety of head positions, if possible. Literally, Lana has only one head position for most of the sprites. Which is fine, but starts to look uncanny if she's changing emotions several frames in a row and the only thing that isn't changing is her head position. I need a variety for a few of the positions, especially headshake/nod, deskslam, objection, thinking (optional).

So I have the sprites organized in a specific manner. Here's what the emotion I'm trying to portray in each row:
  1. Normal
  2. Thinking with her thumb
  3. Thinking with her arms crossed, also looking backwards.
  4. Arms crossed and serious
  5. Pissed/annoyed
  6. Writing on her tablet. She is both looking above and on to her sprite.
  7. Touching her tablet with her finger. Same as above.
  8. Holding her tablet with her left hand. Same as the above two.
  9. Hand over heart, as if to say she's surprised or curious
  10. Arms crossed. Shaking her head and nodding. She's talking on her side as if disapointed.
  11. Arms down. Same as above.
  12. Deskslam
  13. Objection
  14. Nervous sweat
  15. Damage, biting her tongue off. Uses some sprites from the row above.
  16. Zoom
She's due for some much-needed "cosmetic surgery" and I appreciate whoever does this. Obviously, you'll be credited in the sheet and in the game.
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

Here's a character I'm working on for my case:
Spoiler : :
I need his hat to cast a shadow on his face.

You may modify the palette or add some some more colors, but please not too many of them - my goal is to keep the feeling of the Original PW Trilogy. In his final sheet he's gonna to hold a Gandalf-like staff, so I need to keep some extra colors in reserve.

Aside from this - any thoughts on how can I improve his sprite?
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

DarthWiader wrote:Here's a character I'm working on for my case:

You may modify the palette or add some some more colors, but please not too many of them - my goal is to keep the feeling of the Original PW Trilogy. In his final sheet he's gonna to hold a Gandalf-like staff, so I need to keep some extra colors in reserve.

Unfortunately I am awful with sprites, so I cannot help, but I wanted to say that that is a really awesome sprite! Is it from scratch?

Also, what game will he be appearing in?
DarthWiader

Post by DarthWiader »

what game will he be appearing in?
Well, it's not exactly a big secret.
It'll be a case for PyWright that revolves around a fantasy convention. And this character in question is a presumptuous, nerdy rpg fan/cosplayer.
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
SolMasterzzz

Post by SolMasterzzz »

Hi, I have two patients that I feel could use some work. One's an attorney, and the other is a witness. I've tried to Frankensprite to the best of my abilities, but I'm really not much of a spriter...

Here they are:
Spoiler : Attorney :
Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

I feel he still looks too much like :apollo:, but I don't know how to make him less so without completely changing the sprites, something that I think would be far above my skill level.
Spoiler : Witness :
Image Image

He's a defendant, supposed to be a computer science student, but right now he's just :larry:
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

I promise to update this tomorrow and see what can I do for everyone.
Now everyone has the right to nag me :D
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Ehh, don't worry about it too much. It's mainly the thread owner's job to keep the OP updated. Doctoring the sprites is something that can be done by any of the thread visitors. ;)
Image Image Image
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

TheDoctor wrote:Doctoring the sprites is something that can be done by any of the thread visitors. ;)
I see what you did there.
VirtAnderson

Post by VirtAnderson »

DarthWiader wrote:Here's a character I'm working on for my case:

If you want a more extreme shadow I can make another edit. Is this fine?
I also added some anti aliasing to the hat where it meets the skin color.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

His forehead does need to be darker, but the main issue is that the inside of the hat has only one shade and as a result looks flat, making it difficult to portray a shadow it would cast, due to the actual dimensions of the hat not being clearly defined. I made a small attempt to shade the inside of the hat, but it doesn't work with the current palette - it would need an additional shade. Is it important to keep the palette as it is?
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I think you can get away with adding a few more shades. He did say he wanted to keep the DS Trilogy feeling, meaning I think he wants to limit the palette to maybe less than 24? I forget how many colors a sprite used in PW trilogy vs AJ.
DarthWiader

Post by DarthWiader »

Yes, you may add some extra colors. I guess I can always go the RFTA way.

BTW, I checked the palettes of all PW characters from the original GBA trilogy (not counting RFTA characters) and the absolutely record-holder was... Furio (I don't remember the exact number, but it was about 30 colors! You'd never guess... damn his shirt :mrgreen:). So, go nuts - as long as you include the modified palette along with sprite, so that I could use it for other poses.

Thank you in advance.
— Stanisław Lem
VonKarmaPride

Post by VonKarmaPride »

...is this still a thing? I need a bit of tiny help on a set of sprites.
Spoiler : Le sprites :
Image ImageImageImageImage
The first two aren't even centered for use on the editor because I haven't needed them yet, and the last one doesn't have a talking sprite yet, but for my purposes, it's good enough so far. I'm working on making a lot more sprites for her, but I want to get the case done first, since these three sprites are technically enough. This character is, however, supposed to be very expressive, so I really need to start making more sprites... *small self-reminder* You probably can't see anything (else) wrong with them except for a few stray pixels, but when I put them into the editor, she shifts to the side slightly after she's done talking. I think it's just a small centering issue, but I can't fix it... Help?