[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by Alnar »

Diner

Much to her suprise, Astera's fist collided with Django's blade just before it could land. The sound of metal clashing rang in the air, echoing in the silence of the abandoned diner. She smirked.

"Nice sword." She says, holding her sapphire shears ready as the Kalcion leapt back. Though she had increased the weight of his sword, Django appeared to adjust at a moment's notice, adapting his style to fit the change. But Astera had her own tricks up her sleeve.

She gripped her sword with both hands. "H-Heh, I wasn't talking about your mood. But you sure are making the most of your so-called retirement. Why even join the invasion? Did you get tired of lounging around your ship?"

She kept the pressure on, dashed forward and making a thrust with her sword. But just before the tip could reach Django, her blade split apart, pivoting at the center like a pair of massive scissors. The hilt she had been holding were in fact two separate grips connected to separate blades, joined just above the handle. Her thrust had now transformed into a pincer attack, coming in from both sides at a angle.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Sevaline Battle

The Swanzord may have been taking off, but Sevaline was having none of it. As the Zord began to fly, Sevaline made a leap to slash at it with her sword. It was unsurprisingly futile, as the tip of her sword did not even come close to the feet of the robot by the time she made a swipe, but that didn't stop her from trying. She began jumping in place, wildly swinging her sword in desperation into the sky.

"GAH! Nnnnguh! DAMMIT! GET BACK DOWN HERE! YOU BASTARD COWARD!"

There was a growing panic in her voice. Her fury was starting to mix into something resembling fear.

"WHAT DID YOU...NGGGAAAAAUGH!"

She stopped leaping for strikes by the time Charlotte flew off. She leaned against her sword as she tried to catch her breath, tired from the jumping. The smoke was starting to settle a little, though it wasn't fully gone. Sevaline looked to the sky as she composed herself. A HoverCam was staring down at her. Expecting something impressive from her. Judging her.

Sevaline stood back up and stared back at Takeshi in his defensive stance. She simply stared at him for a moment. Then, she reactivated her sword's chainsaw and flames, and pointed it towards the Rider.

"I'm going. To kill you. Fast. And then I'm gonna kill her." She paused for a breath, and her glance hardened. "Slow."

With that, she made a mad dash towards Takeshi. The Hovercam followed from far above. As Sevaline approached, she swung down with the sword, aiming for Takeshi's stomach, hoping for a near instant disembowelment.

----

Diner

Django chuckled. Instead of blocking the pincer strike, he took quick steps towards it. As the two blades came in for the slice, Django dropped to his knees and leaned back, sliding under the blades limbo-style. His jaw just barely grazed the where the two blades met as he slid under unharmed. He stood up behind Astera, returning to a defensive stance and rubbing his chin.

"Ooh, got a nice little trim there," he said, feeling his beard. "Y'know, usually I'd go for the disarm, but figured I'd live in the moment, get close enough to handle that shave I skipped this morning. Much appreciated, little lady." He felt his sword a bit. "Not feeling claymore style right now, though. Let's have some fun, ey?"

Django made a quick cleaving motion to his side, swiping at a nearby stop sign. The blade cut through the steel pole like butter, and Django grabbed his new weapon while sheathing his side-switching katana. He twirled the sign around like a skilled martial artist might a bo staff. He spun it around with one hand, shifted to the other, twirled it behind his neck, and grabbed it firmly with both hands, aiming the sign towards Astera.

"And like I said, I'm just here for the free food," he finally replied. "Think of it as a vacation. And train the newbies, I guess, but that's neither here nor there. I was havin' a lot of fun not invading anything 'till you showed up and blasted my peace away."

His smirk was overbearingly confident.

"But if you're in the mood to lose another limb, that's fine by me. Retirement doesn't apply to self-defense."

----

City Rooftops

"Snf...ngh..."

Far away from most of the action, running across the rooftops near the beach, Prim Zebanon was crying to herself. A lone Hovercam, still in her control, followed.

"G-Gohry...nguh..." She stopped atop an office building to rub her eyes. She took a few quick yet deep breaths. Then, she took one long, slow breath. "O-Okay...control yourself, Prim. Let's see..."

Prim looked over to the building she was previously standing. Where she was when she hijacked Dexis's signal and broadcast Gohra's last stand to both planets. She was unsurprised to already see Kalcion troops investigating.

"He found the location, but I managed to blackout the exact source...That's good, but I'm already running out of stamina..."

She put her hand to the dial on the invisibility device on her wrist, making herself transparent. She kept low on the roof just in case, and made her Hovercam hide in the alley next to the building.

"If they're hunting me down, they'll probably have something to see past Father's stealth devices...that always feels like his MO. Think, Prim, think..." She sat for a moment, then suddenly remembered something. "Ah! If I have the info from their database still in hand...I should...theoretically..."

beep beep beep...beep beep beep

"EE-!" She quickly covered her mouth with her hand to stop herself from letting out a yelp. "Wh-who is contacting my communicator...?!" She looked to see where the frequency was coming from...only to find it logged to Charlotte, whose communicator info she had inputted into her listings when she was hacking the JR Database.

"....H-How the...?"

Prim responded to the call.

"U-Um...he-hello? Charlotte...? Um, I was about to try to contact you...h-how did you get my...?" She shook it off, deciding to try to ignore it. "A-Anyway! How's it going where you are?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

"Hmph... I think the new cut suits you, fits your jaw line better." Astera says as she turned around to face the Kalcion, though she was impressed with his weapon versatility, she eyed the stop sign warily. Django was on the defensive, she could tell that much. After all, she was the one who initiated combat in the first place. If he was going to focus on countering her, then she had to anticipate that from him. She held her sword ready and prepared herself for her next move.

"Training some new recruits? Must be hell for their first taste of combat to be an invasion. T-Then again, we've had some new Riders too the past few days, c-can't even begin to imagine what's going through their heads with all this going on." She chuckled to herself and smirked, keeping her gaze focused on Django as she circled him with her sword ready. " 'Course, you probably don't give a damn to a word that comes out of my mouth."

She gripped her sword tight on boths handles and smiled with her own brand of confidence. "Heh. Don't worry old man, I'm not losing anything today... even if I'm going out on a limb by challenging the likes of you!"

Astera makes another charge at the Kalcion, keeping her grip on both hilts. Her movements are quick, though towards the end of her run her steps appear to be a bit more floaty. As she comes within striking distance of Django, she switches to the defensive, feinting a slashing attack with her sword but, in anticipation of a defensive counter, readying her blade to intercept the makeshift bo staff.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline, Part 7:

Sevaline's rage continued to burn, like child throwing a tantrum except with a large burning chainsaw. It'd be kind of amusing if Takeshi wasn't directly in her sights. It wouldn't be only his honor he lost if he lost here.

Sevaline's burning sword came down at him once more. Takeshi remembered their fight earlier; how Platinum had disarmed Sevaline at the cost of her own body. Takeshi's own body unfortunately couldn't pull that off, but, if he could find a way to disarm her, he'd stand a chance to win. He had one idea, but it was pretty risky.

Resolve yourself, Takeshi! You mustn't run away.

Risky it is, then. Takeshi quickly holstered his mace, leaving his hands empty, and armored up both his arms, reaching out to catch the sword, like something out of a martial arts movie.

Ohhhh god please let this work.

There was a loud CRACK as Takeshi's fossilized fists struck Sevaline's burning blade. Unlike the lasers from earlier, Sevaline's blade didn't bounce off-- It bit into the armor, chunks flying out as it struggled to hold together; Takeshi could feel the teeth getting closer and closer to his poor flesh with every second, and his muscles screamed with fury trying to hold back her strength.

"Whew! Haha... You're pretty strong... If this keeps going, I might lose..." Takeshi said, glad that the enemy couldn't see the strained look on his face, "But... I'm not gonna die that quickly!."

With that he flicked out the hidden blade in his boot, and threw a pointed kick at Sevaline, before his arms broke off.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Streets of Kyoto

Raphael tuned Charlotte out after, "Maybe you didn't hear what I had to say before, but I could never understand warriors or heroes." As expected, nothing worth listening to. The question was whether the Delicate One would continue trying to sabotage them or not, and the only thing to do there was wait. Raphael did not have to wait long. The Delicate One moved to the end of the line, away from the fighting. Good, he thought, now on to more important things. It was precisely at that moment that the Kalcion with the megaphone had package ramen thrown at her.

Raphael blinked but assumed he had been seeing things. Nobody could possibly be that stupid. Before he had a chance to second-guess that, in came the order from Kenshin to focus on the mechs. It was a sound order. There were a lot of these mechs. More than he could count. (Also, good to get a reminder on the general's name.) A nondescript fight scene ensued.

After a nondescript amount of time, Raphael took notice of something: the Kalcion mech ranks had thinned enough that there were occassional openings to General Selavine, who was currently occupied in using her flaming chainsaw to disembowel someone in a dinosaur costume with a mace. The dinosaur was probably a Justice Rider. Probably. Raphael couldn't remember seeing this particular one before, but given Kenshin's recruitment practices, that didn't mean much.

Raphael blinked, but this time, the sight remained. The dinosaur, unlike the ramen, was real. Ooookay, this may be excessive force, but I should probably use the Chameleozord tongue to get that guy out of troub-- His thought was interrupted by the dinsoaur trying to kick Selavine. Not enough time for extraction to be a good strategy when he was still at this distance, but just maybe...

Raphael took advantage of another one of the sporadic gaps (and his invisibility) to fly the Chameleozord in the direction of the fight, while putting his power into amplifying the fellow rider's claw kick and resistance of the scaled armor. With his spare mental energy, he got out a message, "Invisible to rider with the dinosaur scales. What are you doing?"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Skies of Kyoto

Using sheer blind luck, Charlotte was able to quickly guess Prim's frequency, which she could only attribute to the world deciding it would be a bit amusing just to give her some kind of hope to cling onto. It was anyone's guess whether that luck would hold out. Oh well. There were more important things to get into.

"Prim, where are you? Look... I understand that you are VERY fond of Sevaline, but she seems to be under the impression that I've kidnapped you, or some other equally dastardly thing. So she isn't particularly fond of me. Listen. There's no time to waste, as I'm unsure of how the battle will progress in my absence. But I have a plan, and you're a big part of it. Can you describe your location?"
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

The Beach... But Destroyed, and a bit in the past for now.

The previously beautiful beach, accented by a radiant sunset, was no longer such. It was scarred from Gohra Kanorath's transformation, and debris was scattered everywhere. The sun had mostly retreated, and the world had grown dark, as if Gohra's spirit had taken the light with it. There was something of a crater in the beach, where the tall Gohra had once stood. The power of his change had managed to blow all the sand away, with gusts of rage and love.

At least, that's how Seiichi Kawaguchi saw it. He had been watching the entire time.

He had to retreat when all the chaos had occurred, but he remembered to come back. Seiichi had plans, but that wasn't important anymore.

A feeling had erupted in Seiichi Kawaguchi's heart. The noise in his head had cleared away, and soon, Seiichi Kawaguchi remembered why he had come back to Kyoto.

Once things grew quiet, Seiichi trodded through the sand, till he found Hayate, who was covered in sand. If he hadn't been so lucky, he would have been completely covered, and would have suffocated. Gohra's attempt to save the human race had thrown the teenager around aimlessly, like a doll caught in a river. But Hayate didn't register any of this, and as always, he skirted by on pure luck. Maybe not even luck, thought Seiichi Kawaguchi. It was a determination, the result of his love towards Gohra Kanorath, that had affected the chances of death so significantly, that a miracle occurred.

"You should be dead, Hayate..." Seiichi murmured, staring down at the unconscious, and frankly, pathetic body of his kid brother.

"No one else in this war would have given you this amount of respect, and others are still fighting impossible battles... And here you are, just napping in the feelings of your final fight. And it was clumsy, clumsy and desperate. But it was beautiful, Hayate." Seiichi said, to Hayate, who was currently snoring, without a care in the world.

Seiichi Kawaguchi bent over, and scooped Hayate up. It was almost effortless for him, since he was so physically large.

"It's time to go home, Hayate."

Near the school, in GiGi's eyesight coincidentally.

Seiichi walked by, carrying Hayate in his arms. He didn't seem aware of the commotion, since he was focused on going towards the Kawaguchi home. Which was only a few blocks away.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Diner

"War sucks, but someone's gotta fight it!" Django replied as he readied himself for a defensive maneuver. "No sane man likes it, 'cept the politicians that benefit on the sidelines. Same for both our planets, I'd imagine! Just one of those damned universal truths, ey?"

As Astera made her feint, Django make a quick side-step, though he seemed mildly bemused by her counter strategy. Still, he grinned again, and spun around the stop sign to grab it with both hands.

"Maybe you should stop while you're ahead!" he shouted, before lunging forward toward's Astera's stomach with the sign, using a jabbing strike.

----

Sevaline Battle

Sevaline pushed hard against Takeshi to try and break through his armor.

"Don't kid yourself!" she said with a demented sense of glee. "You're a runt! A weakling! A PISS-POOR EXCUSE FOR A SOLDIER!" She stepped closer as the blade got closer and closer to gnawing through the armor. "Are you gonna cry when I chop your arms off?! Huh?! WILL YOU WET YOURSELF, YOU SON OF A-"

Suddenly, the armor got a lot tougher to tear through. The teeth of the sword got stuck, and the engine of the sword made an unsettling popping noise.

"The hell-?!" She tried to pull away, but it was already too late. Takeshi had a blade in his boot, and he was aiming it right towards her stomach. With her weapon stuck, Sevaline had no choice but to jump away and leave it. She backed off, narrowly avoiding the blade of the boot coming in swinging at her, and leaving the sword, still on fire, wedged in Takeshi's armor.

"Cheap shot!" She pulled out her laser pistol while she was still at short range, and began unloading blasts at Takeshi's head, hoping to get an opening to get her sword back.

----

City Rooftops

Still unsure of how Charlotte reached her, Prim decided to just shake it off and focus on important matters.

"I-I'm on a rooftop, near the area we met. A...little bit west to it. I think it's on top of a...law firm? If that helps. B-But there's troops from my planet currently looking for me on the tower we met, so be careful! I'm invisible, so you won't see me, but I'll keep my..."

She paused.

"H-h-h-h-hold on! You encountered her?!" She sounded panicked. "I-Is she okay?! Are YOU okay?! D-Did the video go out?!" She started breathing uncontrollably. "Oh crap...oh crap, is everything okay?!"

----

Mech Battle

The amount of functional Kalcion mechs were quickly dwindling. The models did not seem equipped to take on such a high quantity of Zords, and their pilots were evacuating quickly.

"Hyyyaaaaah!"

The Platinum Ramzord rammed into a pair of mechs, pushing forward with its massive horns as they tried to push back. GiGi determinedly kept all power going forward.

"We're almost in the clear," she told herself. "Just a few more...and I-!"

Something caught GiGi's eye. A few blocks past the mechs, strolling casually as if no war was occurring, was that man.

That damned man.

Seiichi Kawaguchi.

And he had Hayate with him.

I have to stop all the evil in this world.

GiGi flipped a switch on her dash, sending electricity through the horns of her Zord, quickly KO'ing the mechs' power supplies. The second they were off guard, She pushed forward at full might, dashing through them in a single charge, knocking them to the ground and running past them.

"Where the hell you going?!" Razzmatazz shouted from a combat-locked Molezord.

"Necessary detour!" GiGi shouted back, still facing forward. She refused to let this opportunity slip by. Though she did her best to sound composed, truth was, she was livid. Her systems were already starting to function higher than they should - a pseudo-adrenaline rush that felt almost like a fever. She seemed to forget, for that moment, that there was a bigger threat.

As the Ramzord reached the corner that GiGi had seen Seiichi pass through, It quickly turned to face his direction and skidded to a halt, scraping up the road in the process. GiGi immediately turned on the intercom.

"SEIICHIIIIIIIIIII!"

She shouted out into the streets. She knew this guy's MO by now. She knew he wouldn't ignore her.

She could feel her hands shaking.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Seiichi

Seiichi heard the screech of GiGi's voice, and felt as if fate had slapped him hard across the face. If it weren't for the fact that his thirst for blood had subsided long before this, he might have just leapt directly into combat. But this time, there was something so much more pertinent to deal with. And Seiichi Kawaguchi knew this.

And with one simple statement, ringing out clearly despite all the chaos nearby, Seiichi stated, "If you wish for Hayate Kawaguchi to die of his wounds, stall me. Otherwise, wait for me to get him to a bed to treat his wounds."

He didn't even look at GiGi, and kept moving.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Skies of Kyoto

Charlotte decided that being extremely blunt was the best policy. Prim knew Sevaline better than she did. It would only do more harm than good if she tried to downplay how aggressive Sevaline was being.

"Well, Prim... I don't quite know how to word this, but upon me mentioning your name to her, Sevaline said, and I quote, 'I'll kill you! I'll kill you right now if you hurt her!', and then she proceeded to try to use her weapon against my Zord. I hope that you're able to imagine this quite easily..." Charlotte said. Her impression of Sevaline failed to sound much like her, but it did convey just how angry she was.

There were other details she needed to fill Prim in on, of course. She thought about where she had first encountered Sevaline, using the map on her Zord's screen to reconfirm what she already knew, just in case she had forgotten anything. It seemed like Prim was fairly close by, especially considering how fast the Swanzord was.

"I suppose there's no avoiding this. I'm unharmed, but Sevaline is currently fighting against another one of the Riders, one who I do not know much about. I've tried to convince him not to harm Sevaline too much, but... She's a skilled fighter. I can easily imagine something awful happening. When I left, Sevaline already had some injuries and... Well, she looked a bit similar to how Vallick looked like before he transformed. I'm not sure how much time we have. I say this not to make you worried, but to get you onboard with trying to help me prevent a tragedy. Time is of the essence." Charlotte realized that she was sounding far more serious than she would have liked to, but it wasn't the time for theatrics.

So she needed to think about how to get Prim into the Swanzord as quickly as possible. With the information Prim had given her... There were a few options they had.

"I'll tell you about my actual plan once we've met in person, as I imagine just bringing you to Sevaline would cause her to think that I'm holding you hostage. Now, you mentioned troops looking after you. I have a few plans, varying in recklessness. I need you to tell me which one works best. The first plan is that I cause a huge commotion and distract the search party so you can escape to a predetermined location, and then I could meet up with you afterwards. Secondly, I could try to keep the Swanzord as hidden as possible so that the troops don't find it, in an area where you could jump into the cockpit. The feasibility of that plan largely depends on how you view your own athletic skills. Finally, I could try to go on the rooftops outside of my Zord and knock out the squad looking for you. I am... Unsure of how my combat capabilities compare to them, so I leave selecting a plan to you, unless you have a better one I haven't thought of. I'm heading closer to your location now, so I'll need to choose one soon."

What Charlotte did NOT mention was the most obvious plan that would have been fastest and certainly safest. Namely, using her Zord against the search squad.

She didn't mention it because it wasn't an option. She still clung onto the hope of ending this with as little bloodshed as possible, and she didn't want Prim to have to make that order either.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline Part 8:

Takeshi had pinned all his hopes on trying to get a hit in before Sevaline sawed his arms clean off-- But suddenly, a surge of energy pulsed through his body, and his arms suddenly felt a lot stronger; Sevaline was forced to dodge and leave her sword, somehow leaving Takeshi with a fighting chance.

What was that? Is that adrenaline?

His questions were answered with another question.

"Invisible to rider with the dinosaur scales. What are you doing?"

It wasn't a voice he'd heard before but Takeshi figured it had to be another Rider. After all, who else would it be. He wasn't sure how to answer the question, since it seemed pretty obvious. He didn't think anyone would mistake them doing an impromptu rap battle. He probably meant "why are you doing this"? So Takeshi decided to answer that.

Or he would, if he had any idea how to use his communicator.

Sevaline drew her gun and fired again. Takeshi raised his armored arms to block, but she was too fast-- Three of the shots managed to hit him dead in the head, sending him flipping backwards, head over heels, before landing behind him in a pile of trash cans, scattering on impact.

"Argh!" Takeshi cried-- This time, static seemed to burst from his helmet, and a light lit up in his visior-- A bright teal speaker that said "BROADCAST ACTIVE". Well, looks like that did it. "Oh, hello? Is this thing on? Finally!"

Meanwhile, the Ripjaw had been knocked free of Takeshi's armor, and landed blade-down in the cement, between the two fighters. Takeshi quickly leapt back to his feet, his visor now cracked and revealing one eye, which quickly fell on the still-burning Ripjaw.

It was going to be a race to see who could reach it first.

Takeshi gritted his teeth, sparing a second to get a message to his invisible ally. "Hrgh... I'm trying to hold her off, but Miss Swan, she's got some kind of plan to stop her. Hey, sorry to bother you, but whatever you did to help me... Mind keeping that up?"

With that, Takeshi quickly grabbed his mace, and lunged for the sword.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

"Heh, you got that right. And with this death and destruction, they paint their own pretty little pictures with the blood of their own people to push their own agendas. Really makes you think!" Astera shouts as Django makes the sidestep. However, she had anticipated his follow-up strike. She smirked. Finally, she had changed the rhythm of the battle. Whether or not that was a good thing in the long run, she'd find out.

"Sorry, but I was never good at reading the signs!" She yells as she swings her blade and positions it to block the jab from the stop sign. Sparks fly as the two weapons collided. There's a glint in Astera's eyes as she smiles.

She smirks.

"But I guess I'll weigh my options!"

Astera's power activated the moment the sign had made contact with her blade, acting as an extension of herself. Suddenly, an immense force of weight is applied at sign at the tip of the metal pole, making it feel like there was a boulder attached to its end. More than that however, Django had yet to leave her effective range since their first exchange, and the same weight was applied to the katana within the sheath, weighing much heavier than before.

Astera leapt to action, jumping into the air with her sword and spun once in the air, making seem like she was going to slash down with her sword but instead executing a butterfly kick aimed right at the Kalcion's head.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Finding Seiichi

The Ramzord slowed to a halt as it shut down. A few moments later, in a flash of light in front of the robot, GiGi appeared, donning her Platinum Rider uniform.

"Why should I trust you?!" she shouted out to the Renegade. She began approaching him with a determined stride.

"You've never shown even an ounce of good will - why the hell should I believe you now, of all times?! Let alone believe that a maniac like you could be trusted to heal anybody..." She summoned her sword (or rather, his sword) as she approached. "I'll teleport him to HQ and the med team will take care of him. And I..."

She pointed her sword towards Seiichi. Her helmet's visor rose. The scarring over the left side of her face, though partially healed, was still visible in her surprisingly furious gaze.

"...will take care of you."

----

Rooftop

After Charlotte finished explaining the situation, and her...interesting plans, Prim took a deep breath, hugging her knees as she tried to collect herself for a minute. After a few moments of silence from her end, she straightened up. Though Charlotte (or anybody, really) couldn't see it, there was a glint of determination in her eyes.

"Okay," she said. "Go with option 2, then. A distraction might cause too much ruckus and lead them to both of us, and I'm not going to let you hurt yourself on my behalf in a fight. If you approach from the streets to the...east, of where we met up, you may be able to stay low enough below the rooftops that they won't immediately see you. I'll signal my location by flashing the screen of my hovercam in front of the building, since going visible is too risky right now. Just get as close as you can there and keep low and we should be able to go in and out.....a-assuming your Zord is, uh, not too loud or...obvious."

She bit her lip nervously.

"So...Sevaline must be lashing out again..." Another brief silence. "We have to hurry..."

----

Sevaline Battle

As Takeshi lunged forward for the sword, Sevaline seemed...surprisingly apathetic about retrieving it.

Instead, she began to move right past it, aiming instead for Takeshi.

"BRAT! STAY DOWN!"

Ignoring the Ripjaw mk.II, Sevaline instead approached the incoming Takeshi. With shocking flexibility, she spun in a swift circle, and rose her right leg up in the air, like a dancer performing a ballet. Though the movement was graceful, the intent was anything but, as she was aimed a powerful crescent kick straight towards Takeshi's head, hoping to keep him down.

----

Diner

Django's weight shifted down, as both the sword sheathed at his hip and the sign in his hands grew heavy. As Astera's kick was about to make contact, things were looking good.

Until she saw his confident grin.

Rather than continue to prop himself up against the weight of the sword, Django buckled his knees, allowing the sword's weight to drag him down. In doing so, he ducked under the butterfly kick with ease. In the moment Astera had to reposition herself from such a motion-oriented attack, Django quickly unlatched the sheath from his waist to drop the sword to the ground (which promptly cracked the street from the weight) and grabbed the sign in his grip firmly.

"You're so easy to read," he said, as he swung the sign with a mighty heave, skidding the blunt end across the road. As he took his new positioning, preparing to swing the sign, Astera could sense a...familiarity in his stance.

The stance of his legs.

Where he gripped the sign pole.

The motions he took in his swing...

"I didn't just teach the mooks and generals, you know," he said with glee. "I taught the prince and the king how to use that big ol' axe, too...I'd even call it one of my specialties."

With a hefty jerk of his body, Django swung the pseudo-axe at Astera's head...though flipping to the blunt side of the sign at the last second.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Seiichi

Seiichi turned around, and his stare was... Sort of just normal, if mildly irritated. "If you weren't aware, I grew up with Hayate. For a long while, a lot of what I did as a person was to protect him, and my loved ones," he said, "And I don't trust the riders to take care of my brother without sending him immediately back out to the heat of combat."

"Hate me all you want, but you can't attack me until I put him down. So get over it and wait for me to finish."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Seiichi

"Don't give me that crap!"

GiGi hastily removed her helmet, and tossed it to the side. She brushed aside her frizzy helmet hair, showing off more of the scarring on her face. Most of her synthetic flesh had healed by now, but one could still see some of the wiring, metal, and teeth through some gaps.

"Don't pretend like you have any right to be trusted now! You've nearly killed him before - you've killed so many others - and you expect me to BELIEVE YOU?! To trust you with his LIFE because you're FAMILY?! Screw that!"

She started approaching again, a fire still in her eyes - burning hotter than it used to.

"I'm done playing your games and I'm done just letting you go on and on! I didn't know what I was doing then, but I know what I am now! I'm taking Hayate, and I'm taking him to an actual doctor, and I'm FINISHING YOU OFF, FOR GOOD THIS TIME!" She held the sword out towards her enemy with both hands. "I don't care if you tear me limb from limb in the process - I'm not letting you get away with ANYTHING ELSE, SEIICHI KAWAGUCHI!"

She already seemed out of breath.