Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Are you in favor of the new system? (Players only please)

Yes
46%
Neutral (I don't mind)
31%
No
23%

Total votes: 13

spd12
Spoken languages: English

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Post by spd12 »

It's been a week since any new posts. I say it's time for daytime.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

This. Please? It just doesn't make any sense for my character to wander around in Nighttime considering the direction I'm trying to take and the events that have just occured, which is why I've been wanting to lay low for a while. Can we at least have an announcement on when we're going to make the switch, if nothing else?
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Um. It is daytime, BB.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Yeah, it is now, it wasn't for a week. >_>
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

But it was daytime by the time you posted. >_>

Either way, not important. Go get posting everyone~

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
spd12

Post by spd12 »

We've slowed down. It's coming up Thanksgiving in the US, for those players there, so that's not a big deal.

So, pacing suggestion. The third floor map is... somewhere, at time of posting I appear to have forgotten where it was, but it was definitely around at some point.

How about we decide on what parts that interest us most, have our characters visit them, then have everyone active meet in the cafeteria to eat and discuss findings? Dividing and conquering, I think, would be the best way to keep things moving. (This also kinda-sorta helps match the pacing of a typical DR game day.)

For those still actively posting (or interested in doing so), what room(s) tickle your fancy most? I do not have a preference and may just take what's left over.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

For the record if people are having difficulty finding the map/remembering the locations, I'm willing to get them myself and post them in this thread.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Come to think of it, I think the new floor map was actually shown on xat once, and never posted beyond that. No wonder I was confused when I couldn't find it in the threads...

If it's cool by the rest of the GM staff, I'd like to ask the new floor plans be posted here so we can set up a divide-and-conquer thing.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

G.... Guys... Guuuuuys... Pls... GUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =33&t=9421

It was in the OP this whole time. >_>

Right under maps...

guys pls
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Okay, that blip of me not posting for a week when someone had addressed me particularly is entirely on me.

If I can explain myself, however... look at when this whole thing started.

March 14. 2014.

I've been in this thing for two years. I have been posting as this character for almost two years. And I'll be honest, I got a lot more than I bargained for. The sheer amount of time I've been in this has just really started to take it's toll on me personally, and even now that we're out of the trial it can feel taxing to even find the motivation to post. At this point... I kinda just want to move on, you know?

Not complaining at anyone. It's nobody's fault. I just want to give fair warning that this might not be the last time me taking a long time to make a post I need to happens.

I have every intention of seeing this through to the end, regardless of what that end might be for me, so don't worry on that front. Kind of can't after dedicating this much time to it. But, I mean... you know how it is. I think it says a lot about us that we've been keeping this going for this long. As you all know, most RPs... don't have that kind of longevity here. But everybody has a limit before they just get burned out, and I'm just realizing I've reached my own.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
spd12

Post by spd12 »

These sorts of projects are always long-term commitments. Activity numbers always thin out once you weed out the people who were just here for the novelty and potential free character art, leaving the actives to carry the weight. There are, of course, the unavoidable living circumstances that cut down on one's free time, and that's always understandable.

I do agree that the game has dragged out severely, mainly in that it took so long for either murder to happen - at least half a year each! To say nothing about how long trials go for and the like. Even if things sped up, chapters and murders would still go by in matters of months - a lot of planning goes into a proper murder. Lots of back and forth between a bunch of people.

Honestly, the best solution I could give you now is this: go for broke. Don't wait for idlers. Do everything you've wanted to with your character, and just write it. I wouldn't begrudge Osuji being able to find his way up and down a staircase through sheer persistence and force of will as he touches everything to get a figure of what they are. He's always been a very strong-willed sort by my reckoning.

Always fudge in the direction of making things happen or keep moving, as opposed to not. That is one way to stave off burnout and frustration, and it has served me well through the game's low points. I just go forth and make stuff happen.

A game is not a singular organism that "dies." It ends when people stop posting. The only way you're going to see a satisfying conclusion is if you decide to keep going... or, perhaps, find a creative way to make Osuji a killer so that his story can have closure, you can move on as a player sooner, and the rest of us still not burnt out can keep the fire going.

Alternately, if there's anything you'd like for me as a player to help you set up, I'd be happy to. I've been tossing out ideas left and right to help keep things moving that will work.

We are all on the same team, in the long run. I've always been happy to read any of Osuji's capers that I've had legal access to. That's also what keeps me going: I choose to be as interested in other characters as my own, and I remain just as interested in seeing how his story will end up.
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Okay, my srs business post destroying Ryunno's houses of cards was the most amazing thing I've seen happen in a long time.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I'll try to post by tomorrow. Even if this post ends up short, it is one that I need to think through a bit.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Just to toss the idea out, once everyone's done looking into their present room, I say all the characters go to get something to eat and discuss their findings together. This way, ICly almost everyone is on the same page about the goings-on and saves a LOT of time in getting the basics of each room laid out.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Sorry for not responding until now, but... Blader, just to make sure I'm not missing anything... You are aware that Hazuki said that the drinks DON'T look alcoholic, right? I feel like one of us is missing something here and I'd like to clear it up before posting.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.