LIVING|AAO VIII| The Stream of Time [No contest]

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/

What should the fate of AAO 8 be?

Restart This Round
50%
Go on to AAO round 9
50%

Total votes: 16

djoftheweb

LIVING|AAO VIII| The Stream of Time [No contest]

Post by djoftheweb »

GM: Djoftheweb
Co-GM: O.G. Cracker

Phase Changes: 6:00EST
Day Phases: 48 Hours
Night Phases: 24 Hours

Trial Link

Chrono Trigger Mafia:
Summary:
In honor of the re-release of one of the greatest games of all time, Chrono Trigger, I have designed Chrono Trigger Mafia which can be used for AAO Round VIII. This round will contain new roles not seen in past rounds, a third faction (A serial killer variant), and something I call a “sub-role”. A sub-role is a power that is given to one player. This is defaulted to go to vanilla members of any side, but in the case that this is not applicable, will go to a role. The user may use this sub-role in any way they please; however if they die the sub-role is not lost. It is instead transferred to a member of the side that killed the previous owner. (if the holder is lynched the town will get it, and if the holder is hit the mafia will get it) The third faction, Lavos, has a simple goal. Kill off all the other players. Winning rules are as follow:

Town: Kill all players not in the townie factions.

Mafia: Kill enough townies that they can not influence the vote, and kill all members of the Lavos faction.
Lavos: Kill all players not in the Lavos faction.

Role Powers:

Town:
Chrono: Hero of Light: This power can be used once a day. Chrono will choose one player. Using a blinding flash, that player will be blinded and unable to use any powers or vote for that phase.
Lucca: Unreliable Inventor: Good news: Lucca has made a device that can help identify the mafia! Bad news: There are a couple of bugs. Every day, a random 60% accurate investigation will take place. This has a 25% chance to be correctly sent to Lucca, and a 75% chance to be sent to any other townie.
Ayla: Hard Headed Tactics: By far the strongest role physically, she uses her strength to muscle up a single persons vote. That persons vote will count for 2 votes instead of the usual one.
Robo: Gift from the Future: Using special equipment from the future, Robo can lock on and check one player. The longer Robo has to investigate, the more accurate his investigations will be. They start at 60% and go up by 15% every complete phase (One day and one night.), maxing at 90%.
Frog: Knight of the past: Frog, the only member of the group with any real training on fighting, can use his skills to expose or kill roles. During the day phase, he can choose a player. If that player has a special role, he can either choose to have the player’s role exposed in thread or kill the role. He must specify the role he wishes to check.
People of time: This rounds vanilla townies.

Mafia:
Queen Zeal: The cold queen: In her typical fashion, this queen has it her way. Her night vote overrides any other vote given for a Hit. Also, by forcing her magician lackeys to cast spells on her, she cannot be investigated. EVER!
Flea: Master of Deception: With his/her(?) powers of dark magic, flea can send a fake investigation result with the information of his/her(?) choosing to a random townie by hijacking Lucca’s device. However, even s/he(?) is having problems (Good work there Lucca). There is a 40% chance that the report won’t send. He is not told if the results were sent or not.
Ozzie: Dark Magic: Every day, Ozzie can remove two votes, because he is just THAT evil. He is only able to choose the person he wishes the votes off of; the votes that are removed are done at random. This power can be split and used on two people. WHAT A DIABLOICAL FEIND!
Slash: “I like swords!”: Every other night, the well equipped Slash will test out his sword skills on a single target. If that target is a role, he will kill them instantly. If they are not, he will miss and not do anything. Who knew that swards could tell roles apart?
Dalton: Golem twins, unite!: In his typical fashion, Dalton doesn’t do any of his own work. He sends those god forsaken Golems to do it for him. If he guesses who will be lynch correctly, the lynch is blocked by one of those things. Instead, the seconded highest voted will be lynched. This cannot be used on the same person twice ion a row.
Monsters: This rounds vanilla Mafioso’s.

Wild Card:
Magus: King of black magic, his powers can greatly aid either side. What his powers are, however, is as mysterious as his past.

Lavos:
Lavos: The largest threat to all of life, Lavos is a third faction all his own. He has a simple goal. Kill all life on the planet to sustain himself. In the start of the game however, he is very week. He starts out with only two ability. Every day, he may check a player to see if they have the Epoch subclass with a 50% like hood of success. If he is correct once, he will be correct every other time. His other power is the ability to use his remaining strength to kill one player. He may do this once. If the player has the Epoch Lavos lives and the player dies. If he guesses wrong, Lavos dies and the player is left unaffected. If he can gain the Epoch, he will gain his true power and bring the end of life as we know it.

Sub-Role Powers:
Epoch: A machine with the ability to travel through time, the player with the Epoch may choose an age to play in:
1. 65000000 B.C.: Burn! Bobonga!: In these prehistoric times, there wasn’t quite as many of those new fangled devises all the kids play with. No paper, no written language, no magic, that sort of thing. As result, all normal powers cannot be used as long as the epoch is in this time.
2. 12000 B.C.: In this time of magic, all players gain the ability to cast it! In this Era, all investigations or false investigations are either 99% accurate/successful or 1% because of all the magical interference. The roles are not told which.
3. 600 A.D.: There is a war going on around our little game! What an exciting place for our game to take place in! Only those with a strong will can survive here. Vote changes are not allowed. One vote, and it sticks.
4. 1000 A.D.: A modern day setting with a modern day court system. Out of all the people playing, only 12 randomly selected “jurors” votes will count. No one is told who the jurors are, not even the jurors themselves!
5. 1999A.D.: Day of Lavos. This era has been removed for the safety of all players. In the hypothetical off chance this Era was reached, it would cause Lavos to gain his true power and to make a short story shorter, kill all ya’ll.
6. 2300 A.D.: A post-apocalyptic future where even the air outside can kill you. As long as the game stays in this zone, there is a 50% chance that a random player will die every night.
7. End of Time: A blank slate, this place has no effect on the course of actions going on in the game.

If the holder of the Epoch dies, a random vanilla player on the side that killed him will gain the epoch. (If the holder is lynched the town will get it, and if the holder is hit the mafia will get it) The time will also default to the “End Of Time” for one phase.

PLAYER ROSTER (20):
Claizen - People of Time
Aoshi - Frog

Zeroes - Flea
Psycholocksmith - Magus (Town)
videocrazy - Queen Zeal
Fuzznerdees - People of Time
Karfka - Lucca
Zakeri - People of Time

RandomJibberish - Dalton
DramaticaXIV2 - Robo
Powerdaan - People of Time
Dj_Zao - People of Time
Gyrys - People of Time
Ishio - People of Time

Mouse - Monster
tvmady - People of Time
DarkCoffeeJazz - Monster
Shawni - Ozzie

Eternal_Brethren - People of Time
General I. - Chrono
itsaqua - Epoch

Ahria - Slash
Allan's Aokage - Ayla
893316006be - People of Time
fatalfeline - Monster
sinbad - Poeople of Time
FF3girl - Lavos
Last edited by djoftheweb on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 am, edited 21 times in total.
djoftheweb

Re: LIVING|AAO VIII| The Stream of Time

Post by djoftheweb »

DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU GET YOUR ROLE PM!!!

Night Zero Trial
Flandre

Post by Flandre »

*Walks in in slow motion*
Let the games begin...
videocrazy
Spoken languages: English

Post by videocrazy »

Yay! Time to start!.. doing nothing. MAN I hate Night 0

Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

I just obtained my role PM! And now we wait for Night 0 to pass... *Snore*
Ff3girl
Location: Dancing next to Kaitou Kid ... He's friends with Conan after all!

Post by Ff3girl »

I am SO glad that the living thread begins with the word living. XD That should solve some of the past problems we've had with clicking on the DT "by accident." (... yes, I've done it too XD) I'm glad I just barely made the deadline for this, though. It's been about a month since I've played a real mafia game...! but... right now I'm working on stuff for the musical

BY THE WAY AUDITIONS ARE GOING ON RIGHT NOW FOR THE MUSICAL COUGH
http://megalomaniacalme.net/pwmusical/v ... ?f=2&t=379
Sig by Otakubox
Lyrics from Phoenix Wright the Musical: click sig~
Psycholocksmith

Post by Psycholocksmith »

*Spawns in the Stream of Time*

Ron moaning about a mafia win is a great touch.

*Waits for a self-incriminating witness*
Claizen

Post by Claizen »

*Walks in, holds parchment in the air*

Got it.

*Sleeps*
Flandre

Post by Flandre »

*yawns*
Ms.ff3, tell us a story...
Psycholocksmith

Mouse wrote:*yawns*
:shock: Random spam is another term for "fail".

Does anybody know where the dead thread is? And the guy in the trial who gives us the power and hidden power news?
Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

*runs in, pocketing rolecard as he slows down*

Got it! Let's get this game rolling, shall we?
Flandre

Post by Flandre »

Psycholocksmith wrote:
I was emphasizing the fact the fact that It's dry and boring here... It's pitiful that you think that you can just go willy nilly talking about failure... It's a bit too soon for forgetting...
Psycholocksmith

Mouse wrote:
Psycholocksmith wrote:
I was emphasizing the fact the fact that It's dry and boring here... It's pitiful that you think that you can just go willy nilly talking about failure... It's a bit too soon for forgetting...
Forgetting what? The incident last round. In any event, since when has boredom been an excuse for spam?

it might just be me, but I'm slightly worried about inactivity.
Flandre

Post by Flandre »

Psycholocksmith wrote:
Mouse wrote:
Psycholocksmith wrote: :shock: Random spam is another term for "fail".
Forgetting what? The incident last round. In any event, since when has boredom been an excuse for spam?
I was not bored, psyches... I'm afraid that I just lost my respect for you...

Yes... As am I... You do never know with these ice storms lately...
Last edited by Flandre on Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

wait wait whoa, slow down there, psycholocksmith

that sounded a bit like you were insinuating that people not posting the first hour or so of night 0 are being inactive