[E] Changing bottom screen background

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Doechano
Spoken languages: English

[E] Changing bottom screen background

Post by Doechano »

I've noticed that there's no way to change the bottom screen background graphic. It's stuck being a graphic of the courtroom. This is no means a priority, but I think it would add some customization to cases if we could change the picture. For example, changing it to the DD/SoJ graphics if somebody was to make one during that time in the series.
Last edited by Doechano on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Changing bottom screen background

Post by Enthalpy »

Yeah, it would be nice, but it's not a priority. I can add it to the list of things that would be nice to support someday.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [E] Changing bottom screen background

Post by Unas »

For the record, at some point I was planning to include themes for the bottom screen in AAOv6, with the ability to select a main theme among a small selection matching all games in the series. (well, all games on the NDS at least)
Back then, my designer Meph had provided me with some mockups which looked really nice : http://gnudb.free.fr/~meph/player/index.html (click on one of the 4 themes to select it)

I was also thinking of allowing players some simple overrides (colour scheme, background image, etc.) on the theme they selected.

For lack of time and motivation I never actually implemented it, but it's definitely doable, in particular as long as I still have Meph's mockups linked above :-)
If any developer is interested in implementing it, they won't have to start completely from scratch !
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )