Case Assistance Request Topic

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Case-making is very demanding, even with the AAO system. Over the course of making your case, you will probably request beta-testers, reviewers and possibly collaborators. This topic is a place for you to request people to help you with that design process, and hopefully get a response. Remember that focused questions go here and requests for art go here. This topic is for non-artistic requests.

Here are some of the most common requested positions:

Collaborators: Collaborators are co-authors and co-developers involved in "your" case long-term. Although the details of each collaboration vary, accepting a collaborator means working on the case together and making it the case of all of you rather than just the original person. Collaborators will probably work with you on planning, design, and writing. It is advised if you request a collaborator that you have already produced a publicized and well-received case, and you have a concept for your case that you can share with potential collaborators. Be warned, as accepting a collaborator means giving another person control over your case!
Beta-Testers: Beta-testers will play through your case before you release it and give you their feedback. This allows you to make changes to improve your case before you release it publicly. It is highly advised that any case you write gets tested before you release it! The ideal beta-tester/reviewer already has experience in case development and is prepared to give you highly detailed information about their playthrough.
Reviewers: Reviewers are like beta-testers, but they make their comments after the case is released. Reviewers tend to be less detailed than beta-testers. If you're looking for something in particular from a review, be sure to say so!
Writers: Writers will create frames with minimal involvement in case-design. Most writers prefer to create their own dialogue, so it is important to clearly communicate to writers what kind of dialogue they should write.

You are not limited to this list and can request any kind of help, as long as it falls within this topic. You cannot bump a previous request until two weeks have passed since that previous request. After that, you must wait two months to bump it again. This has nothing to do with multiple requests at once, but it is appreciated if you do not overload the topic with these.

Happy trial developing, and good luck!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: Case Assistance Request Topic

Post by TheDoctor »

I'd like to request a collaborator for a case idea I have for the comp. Even if I can't complete it in time though, I'd still like to make it.

Basically, it's a courtroom only trial set seven years before Turnabout Reversal. I have some basic ideas down, but I need help with planning, story development, and contradiction design. I can handle the scripting for the most part, I just need some help with the aforementioned details.

Non-Spoiler Characters:

Manfred von Karma as the defense attorney
Young!Ema and Young!Edgeworth as co-council (Ema for the first portion, Edgeworth for the latter)
Lana Skye as the defendant
Marvin Grossberg as the prosecutor

Victim, witness(es), and perpetrator to be determined.

EDIT: Here's some fancy box art to hype you up a little bit.

Last edited by TheDoctor on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

TheDoctor is busy and apparently Ferdielance also has no time, so I request a help of proofreader for part 2 of Angela Light - Turnabout Siblings (priority) and clean up of little errors in part 1 (this is less important for now). Part 2 has 2100+ frames, Ferdie went through 600+ frames. I also have used grammar checking programs on it.
I don't demand to turn my writing into an art of English literature, I just want it to be good enough and grammatically correct. And even a progress of 100 frames per day would make me happy.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you got that done already. I have a bit more time on my hands at the moment, so I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
Image Image Image
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Okay Doc, I think that in exchange I can offer you my help, if you are interested. Keep in mind that it will be first for me to collab with smb in such way.
CoolPhoenix2014
Spoken languages: English,portugues(Brazil)

Re: Playtester Available

Post by CoolPhoenix2014 »

Well,I am looking for one right now OR a collaborator.
CoolPhoenix2014
Spoken languages: English,portugues(Brazil)

Post by CoolPhoenix2014 »

I am making something inspired on Ghost Trick and want a little bit of help.
I accept anyone that has the time.
GWTCN

Request for Collaborator

Post by GWTCN »

Hi there, I'm GWTCN, and I'm VERY new here. I've got plans for a 4/5 case long series, and I require assistance.

:holdit:

You'll need information before making a decision, I know, I know. Well, here's the specifics:
My series will take place in the future of the series, and thus will feature almost exclusively original characters. I require help in not only making the sprites for these characters (and sprites in general, as I am clueless about that sort of thing) but also to basically guide me through how exactly the case creator works until I know the ins and outs of it.

:takethat: information.

I know that some of you may not be all too excited about the idea of collaborating with basically a newbie, but if it helps, I am studying writing at university, so if there's one person who'll be able to write an intriguing case, it's me.

Anxiously awaiting any sort of response,
GWTCN
ned63

"Beta" Testers Needed!

Post by ned63 »

Ok, so I'm making my first trial, but no one except me has played it. I need opinions and HELPFUL feedback (No hate plz) of people going into it, not knowing what to do (Because obviously i know what to do, I made it.)
ANY Testers would be very helpful.
Post on the thread if interested, I'll PM you if I accept.
I'll also credit you at the end of the trial, if it means anything.
Thanks in advance! :phoenix:
Nevfx

Re: "Beta" Testers Needed!

Post by Nevfx »

Hi there

I would be happy to help. I might not be able to playtest your trial until the weekend but I would be happy to try it.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: "Beta" Testers Needed!

Post by NihilisticNinja »

I'd be willing to lend a hand, if you want.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
ned63

Post by ned63 »

Ok, I'm giving both of you play test rights.
PM me what you think!
Obviously it isn't "Debeste" (If you've seen GK2, then high five) but i've spent a lot of time on it and looking at tutorials.
Useful feedback plz, no hate!
tiancai

Post by tiancai »

I think I need testers ...

I need someone to test my case for me ... :cute:

for language. logic and flow. thx
Last edited by tiancai on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DatNoobHatesMe

I'm new here (please don't hurt me)

Post by DatNoobHatesMe »

But, I am making a trial. Would anyone like to help me? :objection:

-"HOOPLAH" Hooplah Fish
Nikitaw99
Spoken languages: English, Russian

Re: I'm new here (please don't hurt me)

Post by Nikitaw99 »

DatNoobHatesMe wrote:But, I am making a trial. Would anyone like to help me? :objection:

-"HOOPLAH" Hooplah Fish
:objection: Yes I will. :jake: