[T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney ★★★○ (Small Update)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

AirePix
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney [Spriters wanted] ★★★○

Post by AirePix »

smasher147 wrote:The three cases you made so far are great, i signed up specifically to say thanks for the amazing cases. You obviously have a talent (or simply worked very very hard or both) at these games and i really look forward to case 4. Will there be any updates on your progression?
Narokh hasn't been online for a while,It's been likely that he scrapped it,or he is delaying it.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

June 24th isn't that long to be away from AAO. Narokh has a life, ya know? xP
Narokh
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Narokh »

Well, those who know me a bit really shouldn't be too surprised... but I hit one of those phases again where my motivation is very low and I am distracted by a lot of other things. I haven't really actively done anything concerning the series since I last posted (which basically means the entire year so far) and I'm not sure when I will be able to work on it.
The ideas are still there, and I do want to finish it eventually... I just can't make any promises when.
Visit my "Matt Silver: Ace Attorney" Trial Series Thread!

I also have a Sprite Thread.

Current Avatar created by Aer
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Somewhere around Frame #178-9 in Part 2 of The Failed Turnabout, there is a bug. Tyron objects to the "Warm-up" cross-examination. It shows the close-up of Tyron, and then… an empty defense bench on the same background? Also, I can't seem to get past that glitched frame. Can you please fix this, Narokh?

Thank you,
AceAttorneyMaster111
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:Somewhere around Frame #178-9 in Part 2 of The Failed Turnabout, there is a bug. Tyron objects to the "Warm-up" cross-examination. It shows the close-up of Tyron, and then… an empty defense bench on the same background? Also, I can't seem to get past that glitched frame. Can you please fix this, Narokh?

Thank you,
AceAttorneyMaster111
I can not seem to replicate the error you described. Both the wrong and correct objections to this testimony gave me the intended dialog on multiple attempts and did not glitch out once.
Likewise, the code in the trial looks to be functional too. I'd say this is not an error with the trial itself. Maybe it's something with your browser?

Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Hey man, any updates on the case? I know you haven't been feeling that motivated and all.
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Blizdi wrote:Hey man, any updates on the case? I know you haven't been feeling that motivated and all.
The ideas are still there and I would like to put them to use at some point still, however work on things have pretty much come to a grinding halt.
I have come to a point where I want to improve on the quality of the cases, including a rework of the older ones (Deception in particular really hasn't aged well as far as I see).
One of the things I wanted to see were more decent custom sprites - I have started working on some but have found it much too tricky for me to pull off alone.
Should I find a solution to this, I really want to continue work on the series. I really don't want the rest of the story to go to waste (though if I one day come to the point where I will definitely lay down work and call it forever unfinished, I will reveal the missing plot).

ParrotMan01

Post by ParrotMan01 »

Hey, I wanted to say that I've been really enjoying this series so far. However, there is one song you used that has been driving me crazy for ages. That final testimony theme(the remix) for the final witness in "Failed Turnabout". DWAM used it in one of his trials too, but I couldn't find the source there either. I think it's awesome, but I'm stumped.

If anyone can help, that would be great.
Again, just passing through...
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

*blows away dust and cobwebs*

Hey, just curious if anybody has played these lately and noticed any errors that might have come up over the time?
I might not be working on the series anymore (for now?) but I do want to keep it at least in working condition, considering all the effort I put into it. :XD:

256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

That's a funny coincidence, I actually just finished playing this series last night, lol.
I did run into an error where one of the talking sprites in Case 3 randomly disappeared (i.e. Iris looking down), but that was more likely because I was using Chrome and/or not everything loaded properly, so probably nothing you can really do about that. I think there might have been a four-liner frame or two in Case 1 but I can't remember exactly. Nothing really game-breaking though or much else that super stuck out to me, the cases played fine and even with them fresh in my mind I couldn't remember well enough so you're probably in good shape :)
(Probably not a huge help but that's my input at least)
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

256 Pi wrote:That's a funny coincidence, I actually just finished playing this series last night, lol.
I did run into an error where one of the talking sprites in Case 3 randomly disappeared (i.e. Iris looking down), but that was more likely because I was using Chrome and/or not everything loaded properly, so probably nothing you can really do about that. I think there might have been a four-liner frame or two in Case 1 but I can't remember exactly. Nothing really game-breaking though or much else that super stuck out to me, the cases played fine and even with them fresh in my mind I couldn't remember well enough so you're probably in good shape :)
(Probably not a huge help but that's my input at least)
It's still a decent help since knowing that stuff is mostly working is a lot better than no input at all! :wink:
I did fire up The Failed Turnabout again and one thing I noticed is that the few extra sound files I used are missing, probably because the file hosting service is gone. Will see to get them back working into the case when I have time (the needle scratch in Dwerng's passages in 3-2 are a must have :XD: ).

Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Just a little heads up to everyone:
I have added the missing soundfiles back in to case 2 and 3.
Also, I finally managed to edit the court record (both evidence and profile) to make use of the current format for all 3 cases, so the short description box isn't empty everywhere anymore, thus making it look a bit better.
And finally, a text box in case 3-3 that stretched to 4 lines was corrected down to 3.

Aeliren
Spoken languages: English and French (Anglais et français).

Post by Aeliren »

Finished playing through the first three cases, and I have to say that I really enjoyed them. Looking forwards to the final case, and I'll be sure to play through if you make a re-release!

I have to say, some of those names are really "suspicious". You could even say that they're "red herrings". :calisto:

Though I have to ask, what's the theme used in
Spoiler : Case 3 :
Laura's final testimony? I can tell that it's some sort of instrumental remix of Distant Traces of Beauty, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's pretty cool, very ominous.
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Aeliren wrote:Finished playing through the first three cases, and I have to say that I really enjoyed them. Looking forwards to the final case, and I'll be sure to play through if you make a re-release!

I have to say, some of those names are really "suspicious". You could even say that they're "red herrings". :calisto:

Though I have to ask, what's the theme used in
Spoiler : Case 3 :
Laura's final testimony? I can tell that it's some sort of instrumental remix of Distant Traces of Beauty, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's pretty cool, very ominous.
The remix is actually included in the AOO sound database, you should be able to find it by going through the music in the trial manager.

That said, it appears that the custom sounds are down again, due to dropbox 404ing the links after a short while.
It appears I need to find a different hosting service for mp3 files. <.<

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

You can use GitHub to host your sound files (as well as SVGs, if you want to use them), although it's a little more complex than most MP3 hosting services. There's a handy tutorial here if you want to check it out though. http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... 50&t=11015
Image Image Image