PW: Contempt of Court - FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: PW: Contempt of Court - Case 1 available, Case 2 in prog

Post by Ping' »

Ah, those backgrounds look a lot better. I like how you incorporated AAI style sprites, too.
Koda
Spoken languages: English

Post by Koda »

Cardiovore wrote:
nudalman wrote:Hmm, I love the new backgrounds. :D

Stan Nyph is great, just try fiddling around with the eyes a bit to help disguise the base. ;)
Thanks, thing is though... I DID redraw the eyes. :side:
I just can't seem to get him to look much more different. But honestly he looks pretty much how I've always imagined him to.
Really? Sorry, my fault fail then. But do they still look slightly like Badd's or am I just hallucinating? Probably hallucinating.

Maybe you could change the cheeks? /running out of idea
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

nudalman wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
nudalman wrote:Hmm, I love the new backgrounds. :D

Stan Nyph is great, just try fiddling around with the eyes a bit to help disguise the base. ;)
Thanks, thing is though... I DID redraw the eyes. :side:
I just can't seem to get him to look much more different. But honestly he looks pretty much how I've always imagined him to.
Really? Sorry, my fault fail then. But do they still look slightly like Badd's or am I just hallucinating? Probably hallucinating.

Maybe you could change the cheeks? /running out of idea
I did try to exaggerate his cheekbones and jowls to try and distance him from Badd.
I do agree with you though... I blame Badd's "Jimmy Hill" chin. Maybe that's what's bugging me about it. I should've maybe made it smaller for Nyph.

And Ping', thanks!
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Tap

Post by Tap »

The new backgrounds are amazing, Cardy! After giving it a bit of thought, I like the new look for the lounge (see comments on C-R Scapegoat thread if you don't know what I'm talking about :XD: ).

Stan looks pretty cool! Perhaps you can try changing the skin tone and the nose as well? I agree about the chin. It still feels pretty Badd-ish unless it was intentional. Perhaps you could make him a distant relative of Badd? It could serve as a nice, small connection to AAI.
Spoiler : AAI Case 5 spoilers! :
And with Badd in jail after turning himself in halfway through case 5, it'd make sense why he wouldn't be at the scene.
I have to confess that I never saw the "ghost" in the first image. It was only after I just checked the screenshots a couple of moments ago that I realized. I had a small "Ohh" moment and facepalmed. :P

And on yet another note...
Spoiler : Return of the TS spoilers! :o :
Can we expect Phoenix to reminisce about the events of Turnabout Scapegoat at the start of Haunted? If I recall correctly from TScapegoat's ending, he booked the room there to clear his head after the crazy case. :P

If so, will Vulper have a bit of screentime through flashbacks? Image

And one more thing ( :P). When and why does Maya return? xP
And one MORE thing (this is turning into quite the wallpost... :P). As Haunted is set in a hotel, you are now obligated to include at least one reference to Hotel Dusk or Last Window. :XD: Though I wonder if the ghost counts. I vaguely seem to remember Rosa once saying how some guests saw a young girl in a white dress walk through the corridors a couple of times. Of course, it's been a while, so I could (and most likely am) be confused.
ImageImage
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Tap wrote:Stan looks pretty cool! Perhaps you can try changing the skin tone and the nose as well? I agree about the chin. It still feels pretty Badd-ish unless it was intentional. Perhaps you could make him a distant relative of Badd? It could serve as a nice, small connection to AAI.
Spoiler : AAI Case 5 spoilers! :
And with Badd in jail after turning himself in halfway through case 5, it'd make sense why he wouldn't be at the scene.
Aha thanks!
Hmm well you know...
Spoiler : WARNING: Pretty severe Haunted Turnabout spoilers (Tap would know what I'm on about though if he catches on) :
It could be a possibility, considering Stan has a secret agenda...
I have to confess that I never saw the "ghost" in the first image. It was only after I just checked the screenshots a couple of moments ago that I realized. I had a small "Ohh" moment and facepalmed. :P
Yeah, I felt it was pretty hidden in the original.
And on yet another note...
Spoiler : Return of the TS spoilers! :o :
Can we expect Phoenix to reminisce about the events of Turnabout Scapegoat at the start of Haunted? If I recall correctly from TScapegoat's ending, he booked the room there to clear his head after the crazy case. :P

If so, will Vulper have a bit of screentime through flashbacks? Image

And one more thing ( :P). When and why does Maya return? xP
Spoiler : Aye, TS spoilers :
Not sure yet. He does talk about his current situation at the beginning of the case, which involves him driving down a country road trying to find the hotel while bringing us up to speed with inner monologue.

Aha honestly I doubt it. Vulper will return in Case 3, but he's not involved with the H-Turnabout events.

Hopefully she'll make her only appearance at the end. There is a part i've scripted where Maya calls up and, after hearing of the murder, wants to come over and help but Phoenix doesn't want to ruin her break in Kurain Village.
And one MORE thing (this is turning into quite the wallpost... :P). As Haunted is set in a hotel, you are now obligated to include at least one reference to Hotel Dusk or Last Window. :XD: Though I wonder if the ghost counts. I vaguely seem to remember Rosa once saying how some guests saw a young girl in a white dress walk through the corridors a couple of times. Of course, it's been a while, so I could (and most likely am) be confused.
Haha I never thought of a Hotel Dusk/Last Window reference! Now you've mentioned it, I HAVE to make it happen! ;)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Tap

Post by Tap »

Cardiovore wrote: Hmm well you know...
Spoiler : WARNING: Pretty severe Haunted Turnabout spoilers (Tap would know what I'm on about though if he catches on) :
It could be a possibility, considering Stan has a secret agenda...
Ooh, interesting. :wink:
Cardiovore wrote:
Spoiler : Aye, TS spoilers :
Not sure yet. He does talk about his current situation at the beginning of the case, which involves him driving down a country road trying to find the hotel while bringing us up to speed with inner monologue.
Wh-what?! Phoenix driving?! Impossible! :o
Phoenix doesn't own a car according to canon. Apparently, he doesn't even have a driver's license, but fanon has confused me... ^^'

Aha honestly I doubt it. Vulper will return in Case 3, but he's not involved with the H-Turnabout events.
Oh, I see. :(
I am displeased, minion of mine. Image

Hopefully she'll make her only appearance at the end. There is a part i've scripted where Maya calls up and, after hearing of the murder, wants to come over and help but Phoenix doesn't want to ruin her break in Kurain Village.
Mm... I bet Phoenix is thinking how nice it is to finally get away from her, which is why he is quick to get her to stay in Kurain for a bit longer. :XD:
Cardiovore wrote:Haha I never thought of a Hotel Dusk/Last Window reference! Now you've mentioned it, I HAVE to make it happen! ;)
All hotel related cases have to have a HD/Last Window reference. :XD:
I wonder what you'll come up with. Perhaps there will be a guest eerily similar to Summer? :XD:
ImageImage
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Tap wrote:Wh-what?! Phoenix driving?! Impossible!
Phoenix doesn't own a car according to canon. Apparently, he doesn't even have a driver's license, but fanon has confused me... ^^'
Spoiler : Reply :
Oh... doesn't he? xD
I had no idea, I just assumed he COULD drive!
Well psh I'm not changing that... He won't get anywhere trying to traverse between the hotel and the detention centre constantly (1 and a half hour distance by car).
Tap wrote:Oh, I see. :(
I am displeased, minion of mine. Image
Spoiler : Reply :
I just can't think of a situation in which I could add him to Case 2 :P
And lol why do many people think he talks like that? :XD: It's funny to read, but slightly inaccurate if I'm being picky. ;) Then again he DOES talk like that when being sarcastically pompous... So you're all excused. ;)
Tap wrote:Mm... I bet Phoenix is thinking how nice it is to finally get away from her, which is why he is quick to get her to stay in Kurain for a bit longer.
At the beginning Phoenix states, and I quote: "Speaking of peace and quiet, Maya's not coming". ;)
I don't HATE Maya, I just find her very annoying to script. It's also annoying trying to find a way to fit her into conversations and situations.
Then again, I'm doubtful of my ability to write Phoenix's inner-dialogue as he's practically without an assistant for this case...[/spoiler]
Tap wrote:All hotel related cases have to have a HD/Last Window reference.
I wonder what you'll come up with. Perhaps there will be a guest eerily similar to Summer?
Hmm well there are very few guests you actually SEE. These are the guests who are important characters, the rest are just... "there". One of the guests is the witness (or as close to a witness as the situation allows) and I want it to be an old character (I'm sick of spriting new characters at this moment in time! xD) but I've no idea who. Originally I wanted Sal Manella because his l33t cracks me up and I've found a pretty kickass theme for him, but I don't know...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Koda

Post by Koda »

Couldn't Phoenix just call a taxi, or ride the bus or something? ;)

But yeah, Tap's right. I believe during 1-5, when you examine Edgeworth's car, Phoenix is envious because he can't drive. And in the official casebook manga (not sure if you count this as canon though) one of the episodes features Phoenix studying for a driver's exam.

But you're also right, a car or taxi isnt too realistic if he has to go from hotel to detention center to hotel, etc. Maybe you can include some monologue where he explains that he got his driver's license after 3-5, and then at the end of the case he gets into an accident or something, explaining why he can't drive in AJAA. I dunno. :random:
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Is anybody really going to notice this? It's like the whole one-off thing where Nick mentions his hair is natural: Nobody really remembers this stuff unless you're like, a die hard AA fan.

Of course, if push comes to shove, we can just make Edgey the designated driver. Or something.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

The Haunted Turnabout
Qualities: Mind-bogglingly awesome in every single aspect
Flaws: Phoenix doesn't drive!
XD
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Ping' wrote:The Haunted Turnabout
Qualities: Mind-bogglingly awesome in every single aspect
Flaws: Phoenix doesn't drive!
XD
Lol has this really become that much of a debate? xD
As I said I had no idea Phoenix doesn't drive, I just naturally assumed he did. Maybe I'll take what nudalman suggested and have Nick explain in his opening inner-monologue how he got his license. :P
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

I was just being sarcastic :p
Mr. Incognito

Post by Mr. Incognito »

Let him take the train.

Personally, It would find it hilarious if he had to walk from the train station to the hotel every time.
It fits with this picture, no? :P

Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Mr. Incognito wrote:Let him take the train.

Personally, It would find it hilarious if he had to walk from the train station to the hotel every time.
It fits with this picture, no? :P

Originally that picture was for his car. He'd lose visibility because of the rain, pull over and happen to arrive at the hotel. xD
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Tap

Post by Tap »

Mr. Incognito wrote:Let him take the train.
Well psh I'm not changing that... He won't get anywhere trying to traverse between the hotel and the detention centre constantly (1 and a half hour distance by car).
Coincidentally, Justice for All actually does that. :P
Traveling At The Speed Of Plot: Kurain Village is a two hours' train ride from the city, yet during the investigation phase of 2-2 you make at the bare minimum two-and-a-half round trips in the span of 3 hours. It's also somehow possible for an eight-year-old child to travel the distance on foot in a single morning.
:XD:
ImageImage