Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

Post by NihilisticNinja »

I knew the man had cancer, and had for several years. The fact that he managed to fight it off this long is a testiment to his eternal strength and commitment. I knew the man was sick, but to learn that he was deathly ill... I was shocked when I learned the news.

Steve Jobs moved technology forward, and left a mark on the world that most can only hope to achieve. He truly made Apple the conglomerate it is today. May he rest in peace.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

SuperGanondorf wrote:But honestly, and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, I do wish he had worked harder at fixing Apple's main problem- the disaster of a program that is iTunes.
Erm... True, Jobs was doing everything at Apple, but I wouldn't really ask a CEO to go optimising and bugfixing software, you know. :XD:

That being said, I can just salute the death of a competent man, but I won't go so far as saying he invented everything...
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Holhol1235 wrote:
Meph wrote:(Also, I've been really surprised by the attention the press has given this. I wasn't expecting this to be front-page news. I don't think even Michael Jackson was on the front-page when he passed away... or was he? I can't remember.)
Dude, you trolling? That was only anywhere and everywhere.
No, I literally can't remember. :XD: I'm just surprised, that's all. I didn't realise he was so special to so many people; I thought it was just us geeks.
But, uh... Steve Jobs was a talented designer. You have a telephone/computer/video game system/whatever else in the palm of your hands. That's true talent. He really did know what everybody wanted before anybody wanted it.
Yep. Bill Gates has always envisioned a future where we would have computers on our desks, in our pockets and on tablets. Steve Ballmer didn't have that vision, though, so Microsoft never really led us into that reality. Steve, on the other hand, was always driving us forward and always taking the right risks.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

RIP Jobs.

Let's see what Apple can come up it without his leadership.
Meph

Post by Meph »

There are rumours that Apple have a four-year plan, including their next revolutionary product that will in some way make the iPhone obsolete and a touch-screen television (which -- from the information that we have -- seems like a step backwards, because remote controls made having to walk up to the tele to use it obsolete).

But even after four years, Apple will be fine. They've been built up into a strong company and they still have their key talent. ;)
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

I never liked Apple.

They have always been technology elitists. They always catered to the rich masses with products like the iPad. Their business practices were unethical at best. And Steve Jobs was a major douche, I'm sorry.

I can at least salute, however, one of those who forever revolutionized and shaped technology.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

Meph

Post by Meph »

There's a documentary on the Discovery channel, tomorrow, being presented by Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters; in case anyone is interested. ;)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Meph wrote:There's a documentary on the Discovery channel, tomorrow, being presented by Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters; in case anyone is interested. ;)
Ah, didn't that already come out? I saw that a few days ago.

It's quite amazing, really; I had no idea what an impact he made until I saw that.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Ah, I thought it might. This is the first time it's being broadcast in the UK, anyway. ;)