General Chatting Competitions: Haunted AAO

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

General Chatting Competitions: Haunted AAO

Post by enigma »

AAO Unofficial Competition: Haunted AAO

So, just recently I got permission from Meph to start up a General Chatting competition. However, I was also told that it wouldn't be official so...no sticky for me. :( Anyway, enough about that. Welcome to the first General Chatting competition! Here the premise is simple, do whatever you want to achieve the goal! But remember this, you'll have to show us a product at the end. So no random posts in threads as your entry, 'kay? Like usual, the prize is the permission to hold the next competition. Note that judging is performed by poll.

Goal/Theme: Haunted AAO
This time we want you to convince us that AAO fangames are haunted! Be it, Gilligan going crazy and suddenly pulling out an axe happening because you screwed up in NYT or BEN drowning in ToC. Do what you must to convince us that a fangame/trial on AAO is subject to the supernatural powers! Or....not, if you're heading in the comedy direction. In that case, make us laugh until we puke at the inane "not-so-creepy" or "hillariously-creepy". If you make a comedy please mark it at such somewhere in your entry, maybe at the end, so people can judge you correctly.

End Date
This competition ends on:
21 August 2012!

Rules!
No posting anything with GK2 spoilers
No posting anything rated over PG-13
Keep any gore at a reasonable level
Make sure your work is your own and not a rehash of an old story
Only post work made for this competition
Only 1 set all correlating together per entry. (Only 1 story per entry. Not two different ones.)

Have fun~!
Last edited by enigma on Mon May 21, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Re: General Chatting Competitions: AAO Creepypasta

Post by DLA »

So wait, basically a trial competition?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Creepypastas aren't trials. They're scary stories. Interesting idea. Can't say I'll enter, specially since I'm not the most trial savvy person here but who knows?
Ami

Post by Ami »

I think the confusion comes in that the trials are involved. So if that's what it is, a trial competition, then it'll need to be moved. If not, then go ahead. I know I'm not taking part of it, so I don't mind much.
since 2008!
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Creepypasta comes from the term copypasta, which is something, usually a piece of text, that has been posted many times in various places. As such, you would expect creepypasta to be creepy stories that are put up in a lot of different places. You cannot make a creepypasta. You can make a creepy story that becomes a creepypasta. However, it is unlikely we'll be seeing any of this all over the internet. Sure, the BEN idea would make sense, but do you expect everyone to incorporate a well known creepypasta into their entry? Having Gilligan go axe murderer because of NYT has nothing to do with creepypasta. I'd find it hard to put a common creepypasta character in here. In fact, it's hard to find many popular characters from creepypasta that most would get other than the Slenderman and BEN. And no gore/PG-13 stuff? 90% of creepypasta contain adult themes and a lot contain gore. If you want this to be a creepypasta competition, have people choose one and make a different version of it with AAO characters. Like have an attorney's clients all be murdered by Jeff the Killer or something.

tl;dr This is better suited as just a horror competition.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

If I'm allowed to write a story about Ace Attorney instead of make one in the editor, I might try this, but otherwise my editor sucks, so...
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Topaz wrote:...

Creepypasta comes from the term copypasta, which is something, usually a piece of text, that has been posted many times in various places. As such, you would expect creepypasta to be creepy stories that are put up in a lot of different places. You cannot make a creepypasta. You can make a creepy story that becomes a creepypasta. However, it is unlikely we'll be seeing any of this all over the internet. Sure, the BEN idea would make sense, but do you expect everyone to incorporate a well known creepypasta into their entry? Having Gilligan go axe murderer because of NYT has nothing to do with creepypasta. I'd find it hard to put a common creepypasta character in here. In fact, it's hard to find many popular characters from creepypasta that most would get other than the Slenderman and BEN. And no gore/PG-13 stuff? 90% of creepypasta contain adult themes and a lot contain gore. If you want this to be a creepypasta competition, have people choose one and make a different version of it with AAO characters. Like have an attorney's clients all be murdered by Jeff the Killer or something.

tl;dr This is better suited as just a horror competition.
Pretty much this.

And, yeah, you aren't making a scary trial, you're supposed to make a story about how a trial is haunted.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
enigma

Post by enigma »

$Fth wrote:
Pretty much this.

And, yeah, you aren't making a scary trial, you're supposed to make a story about how a trial is haunted.
Right, okay. This. Now, uh...I'll admit I kind of didn't grasp what a creepypasta was so...I'll change the title, 'kay?
Remilia Scarlet

Re: General Chatting Competitions: Haunted AAO

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Actually I might give this a go. I have a messed up idea. Is the entry posted as a reply to this topic?
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

I might try if summer allows me time between all my projects I'm working on plus IF, plus every other date on calender, but sure.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
enigma

Post by enigma »

Remilia Scarlet wrote:Actually I might give this a go. I have a messed up idea. Is the entry posted as a reply to this topic?
Yes.