Zombie Uprising?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Zombie Uprising?

Post by TKinhonipei »

Updated January 2013: A silly topic this was, the inner 'nerd' in me brought me to post something as silly as this.
A zombie uprising? Never...
I didn't see any discussion of this in the forums and this topic intrigued me, so here's a topic on Zombies!
Why build a topic on Zombies? Well... In the month of May, lots of interesting events have been taking place. They were quite Zombie related!

This article has gotten around showing some of the events that had taken place in the month of May. Have you seen this one?

Zombie Apocalypse: Miami Cannibal Attack Only One Among Many

Someone's also composed many strange happenings in May 2012 here:
http://pastebin.com/tQpynGDX

Discuss!
Last edited by TKinhonipei on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: Zombie Uprising?

Post by Ami »

Psh. Everyone KNOWS that the only occurrence of "zombies" was a person who poisoned people's foods, reducing their heart rate to the lowest it can go while maintaining "life". After being buried, the person then dug up their victims, and allowed them to heal. The effects of the reduced heart rate caused brain damage, causing mental retardation, mimicking the "zombie" in culture. Last I heard, the guy walked away after the owner of the "zombies" died, being one of few (if not the only one) who didn't become irreparably brain damaged from hypoxia.

These dudes are just crazy. What happened to crazy? It's always "trouble upbringing" or "evil", or "zombies". Some people just crazy. Plus, if there were zombies, at least one government would know about it by now and be suppressing it with all due strength. If by some happenstance that zombies did come into the world, humans would be very able to take them down- since true zombies are just corpses, and any attempt to run would result in broken appendages. Humans would outrun them easily, and be able to counter-attack like nothing else. If we just go with "zombie" in the sense that it's a normal human possessed by spirits, infected by a virus, or controlled by a parasitic entity, then yeah- we'd be in trouble, but not too much. If the subject is still living, taking them out would be easy. All you have to do is make some home made mustard gas, set traps, and just take advantage of your higher intellect. A small part of humans could easily take a larger group of rage-infected.

The zombie apocalypse entirely relies on the complete and a combination of fear, numbers, surprise, and complete and total idiocy.

EDIT: The fact that I've thought this far shows how prepared I am for any zombie apocalypse. =3
since 2008!
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Ami, if there's ever a zombie apocalypse, I'm going to your house.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Lol, I actually had a discussion with my friends like this today. xD One of my friends would evacuate and nuke the place *totally easy* , but another said it'd only make things worse.
DRAMATIC AND UN-EXACT REENACTMENT!!!
Firend A: "How?"
Friend B: "All the zombies would mutate and get stronger."
Me: "That makes no sense. They'd be obliterated."
B: "Well, yeah, in the blast radius. The oes in the radiation would mutate."
A: "..."
Me: "...Nukes don't work that way."
A: "This is (sorta) realistic. They'd be gone, dude!"
B: "But it'd be worse with the mutant zombies!"
Me: "No, they'd be crippled by radiation. Zombies aren't special, they still mutate like humans."
A: "This isn't Marvel comics, dude."
Me: "And zombies don't know how to duck and cover"*
B: "..."
A: "..."
Me: "...If zombies could jump, we'd all be screwed." (derp)

Pretty much like that. We also decided that the best way to counter zombies is turning on a bunch of treadmills and putting them by the doors. Slow zombies would fall over, and fast ones would jog in place. xD
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Ami

Post by Ami »

Wise choice. Many people think that guns decide the zombie apocalypse. They're partially right, but not entirely. What weapons you use in correlation to which zombie apocalypse is entirely important. If we're going with the traditional zombie, blunt weapons are very helpful, and if a gun is used, it'll need to be a shotgun or a pistol/rifle with hollow-point bullets. A regular bullet with your average 9mm (let's say that we use the standard-issue Smith & Wesson) pistol can easily pierce the skull of a zombie, but if the destruction of the head is what is needed, it won't have the desired effect. A hollow-point bullet will do some extra scrambling after piercing, and hopefully do more damage in less shots. That means blunt weapons like bats, rods, axes will be your preferred method of destroying heads. Bladed weapons work well if you know where to strike. Under the jaw upwards, and through the eyes, and at the temples.

In the case of regular human infected with disease, familiarize yourself with the different arteries of the human body. Use them if the disease is not communicable through blood entering the system, avoid them if the disease is communicable. Parasites and demons will pretty much screw all these things, so try to put them into bite-size bits and get your go-to makeshift flamethrowers (lighter and any given aerosol product).

If it is a disease, be sure to find what the sources are, and avoid them. If it's via air, you're screwed, but reduced chances if you either get a carpenter's face mask, or try a tightly-wrapped bandanna as you can see in the media. If the source is water, stick to bottled water. Unless bottled water started it. If bottled water is the problem, try to avoid it at all costs. If you're desperate, open the top of a toilet. Pure, clean water. There's approximately 25-ish half-cups of water to sustain yourself as much as possible. Any plant that is potted and hasn't been watered in the infection time can be a good source of moisture.

If clean water become a desperation, there's always two things. The first is to cook water, providing you have the heat to boil it long enough. Then there's the most desperate move- adding a small amount of bleach to the water. A teacher of mine told of a mentor of hers who went to South America to study the rainforests. She had become so sick, she was literally vomiting grubs and worms. So, to kill them, she had to drink bleach-water, since the health care down in the rainforest is non-existent. She came back with most of her teeth missing, and the ones that were left were deteriorated.

Try to determine as soon as possible the senses of the zombie uprising. If they have full faculties (sans sentience), then it is fairly easy to divert them using a decoy house. Evacuate a house (or find one that is desolate), and have a scout group (or yourself) go from opposite ends of the house, bottom to top, and turn on every sound-making and light-producing product there is (while making sure it's safe to do so, don't want to cause an unnecessary fire). Have an escape route planned, because that horde is heading straight for your house. If there are diminished senses, take advantage of that.

A survival group requires, at bare minimum, a male and female. You don't need to love each other, you just need to be fertile. In case you're the only ones left, you'll need to do... that.

Moving on.

As your group expands, take extra care to keep the mental strength of your group. Avoid using fear and easy routes to do so. However, don't be afraid to use your judgment- not every situation is the same. Long-term requirements need a doctor (or someone with basic medical training to deliver children, attend to the sick, and understand medicine in general), someone who understands weaponry and/or construction, and everything else is just icing.

Perishables first, non-perishables after. That's the order of food.

Remember that all make-shift flamethrowers use fire. Careful where you aim. Don't always use fire, dirt works equally well.

Pets can be your friend, especially if they are not able to be turned into abominations. Dogs can provide good companionship, and can teach children about responsibility. Their dung is highly flammable. Ones that bark when company is near are good warning alarms. Just make sure to protect them, because even if the zombies won't attack animals, they could still be accidentally harmed. Birds chirp at specific times, so be sure to take note of that. ANY scavengers, like insects and small rodents will attack the decaying flesh on instinct.

Your cords can be used as ropes and lassos, like belts, etc. Use them to restrain zombies , BUT ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

That's all I got for now. =3
since 2008!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Ami wrote:Wise choice. Many people think that guns decide the zombie apocalypse. They're partially right, but not entirely. What weapons you use in correlation to which zombie apocalypse is entirely important. If we're going with the traditional zombie, blunt weapons are very helpful, and if a gun is used, it'll need to be a shotgun or a pistol/rifle with hollow-point bullets. A regular bullet with your average 9mm (let's say that we use the standard-issue Smith & Wesson) pistol can easily pierce the skull of a zombie, but if the destruction of the head is what is needed, it won't have the desired effect. A hollow-point bullet will do some extra scrambling after piercing, and hopefully do more damage in less shots. That means blunt weapons like bats, rods, axes will be your preferred method of destroying heads. Bladed weapons work well if you know where to strike. Under the jaw upwards, and through the eyes, and at the temples.

In the case of regular human infected with disease, familiarize yourself with the different arteries of the human body. Use them if the disease is not communicable through blood entering the system, avoid them if the disease is communicable. Parasites and demons will pretty much screw all these things, so try to put them into bite-size bits and get your go-to makeshift flamethrowers (lighter and any given aerosol product).

If it is a disease, be sure to find what the sources are, and avoid them. If it's via air, you're screwed, but reduced chances if you either get a carpenter's face mask, or try a tightly-wrapped bandanna as you can see in the media. If the source is water, stick to bottled water. Unless bottled water started it. If bottled water is the problem, try to avoid it at all costs. If you're desperate, open the top of a toilet. Pure, clean water. There's approximately 25-ish half-cups of water to sustain yourself as much as possible. Any plant that is potted and hasn't been watered in the infection time can be a good source of moisture.

If clean water become a desperation, there's always two things. The first is to cook water, providing you have the heat to boil it long enough. Then there's the most desperate move- adding a small amount of bleach to the water. A teacher of mine told of a mentor of hers who went to South America to study the rainforests. She had become so sick, she was literally vomiting grubs and worms. So, to kill them, she had to drink bleach-water, since the health care down in the rainforest is non-existent. She came back with most of her teeth missing, and the ones that were left were deteriorated.

Try to determine as soon as possible the senses of the zombie uprising. If they have full faculties (sans sentience), then it is fairly easy to divert them using a decoy house. Evacuate a house (or find one that is desolate), and have a scout group (or yourself) go from opposite ends of the house, bottom to top, and turn on every sound-making and light-producing product there is (while making sure it's safe to do so, don't want to cause an unnecessary fire). Have an escape route planned, because that horde is heading straight for your house. If there are diminished senses, take advantage of that.

A survival group requires, at bare minimum, a male and female. You don't need to love each other, you just need to be fertile. In case you're the only ones left, you'll need to do... that.

Moving on.

As your group expands, take extra care to keep the mental strength of your group. Avoid using fear and easy routes to do so. However, don't be afraid to use your judgment- not every situation is the same. Long-term requirements need a doctor (or someone with basic medical training to deliver children, attend to the sick, and understand medicine in general), someone who understands weaponry and/or construction, and everything else is just icing.

Perishables first, non-perishables after. That's the order of food.

Remember that all make-shift flamethrowers use fire. Careful where you aim. Don't always use fire, dirt works equally well.

Pets can be your friend, especially if they are not able to be turned into abominations. Dogs can provide good companionship, and can teach children about responsibility. Their dung is highly flammable. Ones that bark when company is near are good warning alarms. Just make sure to protect them, because even if the zombies won't attack animals, they could still be accidentally harmed. Birds chirp at specific times, so be sure to take note of that. ANY scavengers, like insects and small rodents will attack the decaying flesh on instinct.

Your cords can be used as ropes and lassos, like belts, etc. Use them to restrain zombies , BUT ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

That's all I got for now. =3
...Imma still say tread mills. :D
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

$Fth

Post by $Fth »

As much effort as I've put into consideration of what I'd do in a zombie apocalypse, the buzzkill in me comes out and says nay. The likely hood of a traditional zombie outbreak happening is next to nil. There was a Cracked article detailing a lot of different things but it basically comes down to the fact that they would decompose in the heat of the sun if it was summer although they might last longer in the winter before they all freeze to death or something. However, zombies generally depicted in movies and games all have a very common trait that I've noticed. They're pretty damn easy to kill. And everyone knows about zombies by now. I feel that my general feelings on how a "zombie outbreak" would go is best summarized in this XKCD strip:

And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Oh yeah, I read about that guy who ate the other guy's face. I couldn't face it. *drum beat*
Who nose what he'll eat next?
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Ami

Post by Ami »

Which is what I said in my first post. But it's still fun to pretend to plan for it. :april:
since 2008!
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

There's a book in my school library about zombies, how to fight them, etc. I read through a bit of it.

But I'm still sticking with you, Ami. D: Also: do zombies even have any strength? I mean, if their muscles are rotting as well...
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Ami

Post by Ami »

True zombies are victim to decomposition. So that means a very, VERY smelly summer later, and all you really have to worry about are areas where they could possibly preserve themselves. In cases of demonic possession, they're probably going to only decompose so much. Disease/parasites will obviously have mechanisms to make the host able to be mobile for at least enough to be infectious, since the prime directive for all life is to live.
since 2008!