AAO VII (FFIV) Mafia: Discussion and Sign-Up Thread

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: AAO VII (FFIV) Mafia: Discussion and Sign-Up Thread

Post by Ami »

Psycholocksmith wrote:Objection!

Number one, Edgeworth is too awesome for you.

Secondly, my evidence still stands. I would like to present another possibility to the court: Oogie Boogie Man could just be a formality.
Tsk, tsk, tsk... I think we are forgetting our footing here. And by "we". I mean "you". Oh, and I fixed your spelling.

Ah? I suppose you've never had a surname, or a nickname, or called by your initials? Your evidence is not only faulty, but laughable. If we are to take your word at this, where is cooperating evidence (I know I spelled cooperating wrong, but that's spell check for you)? As you know with any case, it is needed to back up any assertion. My evidence is numerous and reliable. First, the credits. The credits show the full name of the character. Secondly, Kingdom Hearts was very accurate in its depiction of all Disney characters.

Ergo, your evidence is faulty, like your reasoning.
since 2008!
Dramatica

Post by Dramatica »

Geno's right.
Psycholocksmith

Post by Psycholocksmith »

I apologize for the typo. I was being hasty and when I noticed it later, I couldn't edit it.

If your theory is correct then explain this: Why was he called the Oogie Boogie Man in the song?
Ami

Post by Ami »

Psycholocksmith wrote:I apologize for the typo. I was being hasty and when I noticed it later, I couldn't edit it.

If your theory is correct then explain this: Why was he called the Oogie Boogie Man in the song?
I can provide not one, but two, count them, two explanations:

1.) The lyrics actually went:

"I'm the Oogie Boogie, man."

2.) Oogie Boogie was referring to himself, as he also refers to himself as "The Boogie Man", combining his real name and his title/nickname in a clever manner. I'd say this is the more likely theory.

First Inner Outer Last. Do the math, Psycholocksmith, there's no room for other interpretations.
since 2008!
Psycholocksmith

I concede.

Why were even having a debate over Oogie Boogie's name?
Ami

Post by Ami »

Psycholocksmith wrote:Objection!

It's the "Boogie Oggie Man" not "Boogie Oggie".

My case is coming along...
I have no idea. XD

But yes, it's fine. Anyways, I just happen to have watched the movie recently, and have a youtube video WITH lyrics.

So, you feeling exited for the game? Harder cases than these, with much less coherent and decisive evidence, shall be at your doorstep. I have a good feeling about you, kid, you have potential.
since 2008!
Psycholocksmith

Thank you.

Also, I reviewed the lyrics. The "Boogie Man" pun was used elsewhere in the song. It's quite reasonable to assume that also was a pun.

I'm feeling ready. I'm a bit worried however of the Wildcard. With a Hidden Power like that, he/she will be dangerous! Especially if affiliated with the mafia.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Psycholocksmith wrote:Thank you.

Also, I reviewed the lyrics. The "Boogie Man" pun was used elsewhere in the song. It's quite reasonable to assume that also was a pun.

I'm feeling ready. I'm a bit worried however of the Wildcard. With a Hidden Power like that, he/she will be dangerous! Especially if affiliated with the mafia.
Good. And yes, Wildcards can sometimes decide the game, so always be vigilant.
since 2008!
Psycholocksmith

I will. :D

:evil: I was half-way through a Cross-Examination and I accidentallt backed out. This will be the third time I've had to do it, and I need to lvie in a few minutes...
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

Psycholocksmith wrote:Thank you.

HOLD IT! How do you know Kain's Hidden Power?

Psycholocksmith

I apologize, I meant power. Everybody is harping on me today...
Ami

Post by Ami »

Psycholocksmith wrote:I apologize, I meant power. Everybody is harping on me today...
I apologize for VC, but I would like to remind you to not suggest such a thing, even by accident. We tend to be very strict on knowing sensitive information beforehand here, due to Rounds 1 and 2, where knowing the HPs before hand led to a lot of unbalancing, hence why I don't have anyone that knows any of the HPs play the game.
since 2008!
Claizen

Post by Claizen »

*pant-pant*

Replayed X-2 up to the 100th floor of Via...only took FOUR HOURS. Last few floors...couldn't get passed a battle without someone dying. Still gotta fight Paragon and Trema too. Sigh. I did enjoy the challenge I guess.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Claizen wrote:*pant-pant*

Replayed X-2 up to the 100th floor of Via...only took FOUR HOURS. Last few floors...couldn't get passed a battle without someone dying. Still gotta fight Paragon and Trema too. Sigh. I did enjoy the challenge I guess.
Cool! Right now I'm testing out complete being completely evil, and LOVING the Red Dragon pistol.

EDIT: Fable II.
since 2008!
Claizen

Post by Claizen »

Paragon was cake...Trema is cheese. >_> *grinds to 99*