No Place like AAO for the Holidays

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Vagrant
Spoken languages: English, Italian, some French.

Re: No Place like AAO for the Holidays

Post by Vagrant »

... Sorry, but I'll leave the comp. Not the greatest time for me to make cases - especially my first one.
coming soon

turnabout in the mist
DJJ6800
Spoken languages: English

Post by DJJ6800 »

Okay real talk here. We’re down to one entry in the comp so far and I’m concerned that this late in the comp, it’ll be the only one. As such, I’m extending the deadline to submit an entry to January 7, 2020. If anyone is on the fence about entering this comp, this should give you enough time to make a case.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

DJJ6800 wrote:Okay real talk here. We’re down to one entry in the comp so far and I’m concerned that this late in the comp, it’ll be the only one. As such, I’m extending the deadline to submit an entry to January 7, 2020. If anyone is on the fence about entering this comp, this should give you enough time to make a case.
IDK if I'll have time to enter, but if I decide to, it'll be after I've actually made something playable. Can we make up a holiday? Or does it have to be something that really exists?
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

SuperAj3 wrote:
DJJ6800 wrote:Okay real talk here. We’re down to one entry in the comp so far and I’m concerned that this late in the comp, it’ll be the only one. As such, I’m extending the deadline to submit an entry to January 7, 2020. If anyone is on the fence about entering this comp, this should give you enough time to make a case.
IDK if I'll have time to enter, but if I decide to, it'll be after I've actually made something playable. Can we make up a holiday? Or does it have to be something that really exists?
It would have to be a major national holiday, a large religious holiday or something widely celebrated but you could make one up if you want to.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

OK I may have started planning a case on an actual holiday. Not entering just yet, but I'll let you know if I will be.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

SuperAj3 wrote:If I had the time, I'd make "An Aussie Turnabout" where the holiday is the AFL Grand Final :calisto: (because that's so region-specific no-one will know what AFL even stands for LMAO).
Spoiler : The crucial moment :
Phoenix: Did you kill him?
Client: Yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah mate
My joke is real. I'm entering a case based on the holiday known as the "AFL Grand Final Day".
Get ready for... "A Dinky-di Turnabout".
Spoiler : Preview :
For some reason, my new laptop zooms in a lot on the AAO player
EDIT: Mini update. Have done the first cross examination. I have about 6 planned total, so I'm getting there. (It's a pretty simple case, but I still want some kinda twist in there, so I hope I can make the twist convincing.)
ImageImageImageImage
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Bloody ripper, get out the pies and saussi rolls. But if you're a St Kilda fan, I'll bash ya. Oath, mate. Bloody bulldogs for life, flyin' the blue red an' white. On ya.

edit: also i have never met such a polite footy fan. Shouldn't it be "So ya don't follow the footy, ay? What's wrong with ya, mate?"
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

enigma wrote:Bloody ripper, get out the pies and saussi rolls. But if you're a St Kilda fan, I'll bash ya. Oath, mate. Bloody bulldogs for life, flyin' the blue red an' white. On ya.

edit: also i have never met such a polite footy fan. Shouldn't it be "So ya don't follow the footy, ay? What's wrong with ya, mate?"
LMAO

And LOL I kinda ended up toning things down so it'd make more sense to people. Maybe I'll tweak it a little :hobo: (There is a super-ocker testimony though XD)
ImageImageImageImage
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

I've got crazy writer's block on my last comp case that I've been working on, so I'll throw my Santa's hat in the ring for this one to try to get the juices flowing again!

Get ready for...
A Turnabout for Christmas!
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

trialdude wrote:I've got crazy writer's block on my last comp case that I've been working on, so I'll throw my Santa's hat in the ring for this one to try to get the juices flowing again!

Get ready for...
A Turnabout for Christmas!
I was wondering if we'd get a Christmas themed case in here.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Legal double post to remind everyone that we've reached the two month mark in this competition. How's everyone's cases coming along? (And it's not too late to whip up something in these last two months if you still wanna join)
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

I'm slowly making progress but it's exam period for me so the past few weeks I've put this on the back burner.
ImageImageImageImage
clcman

Post by clcman »

the.armenator and I are slowly crawling our way through the plotting of a case that is WAY too complex and ambitious for our own good. We'll get there. Eventually.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
clcman

Post by clcman »

So, is anyone still alive around here?

Armenator/Ash and I are still doing actual work, don't you worry.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

I'm working, I'm working, I swear!

Super glad that deadline got pushed lol.
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.