Three's Company

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

trialdude
Spoken languages: English

Re: Three's Company

Post by trialdude »

Only 50 more days until the deadline! No pressure or anything.

How are all your cases coming along?
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
bigwins

Post by bigwins »

Despite working up a lot (a lot!) of art for my entry, and building an intro with a ton of fades and timed frames, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop. :oops: :oops: :oops: I've got a few too many other responsibilities going on right now, sure, but the main reason is that I just cannot for the life of me make this thing theme-relevant while still being, I dunno, anything. More stuff just keeps creeping in and making the central plot unsatisfying, and the gameplay is barely interactive at all. Hopefully others can work up something stronger.

On the upside, I suppose the entrants pool is now a little more thematically accurate...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm behind schedule, but still in it. I'm still in the planning phase, but the idea is taking shape well!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

There are exactly three weeks remaining until the deadline! If you're stuck in the house like I am, this is the perfect time to get this done! Type, type, type!
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Yeah, this is my cue to stop procrastinating. Goal for tonight is to finally finish the outline. We'll see if I get it done.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It ended up taking a day more than I thought, but outline is done. Scripting starts tomorrow. Time to make up for lost time!
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

Now that fades have finally been added to the editor, I am now requiring all entrants to include at least 500 in each entry, or face disqualification. I require fades. Give me fades.

Good luck, and happy April Fools Day!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

In celebration of the holiday, have a hypeshot. Make of it what you will.
Spoiler : :
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

I don't mean to alarm all of you, but there is now just one week remaining until the due date. If you probably won't finish (believe me, I've been there), now would be a good time to find a stopping point and start polishing what you've got. Good luck to everybody!
clcman

Post by clcman »

Well, time for some drama!

AwesomeYears and I have secretly been working on a secret project this entire time! Secretly!

Well, "working" might be a stretch, but a thing shalt be turned in. We sweareth!!!
Spoiler : Proof :
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I was wondering what came of AwesomeYears.

Well, now we're up to four, maybe? I'm not sure if CardiaX or armenator plan on submitting anything. They've been quiet.
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

Woah, surprise entry. Wasn't expecting that. As if I couldn't get more excited to start playing the entries.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

...And, tomorrow and the day after will be a lot of case competition crunch as I deal with some last annoying things, which I really should not have procrastinated on. Ah well.

How are things for the other entrants?
clcman

Post by clcman »

Things are progressing here, and the pieces are coming together well, but I put myself and AwesomeYears very far behind, so the next two days will be very rushed as well.

But hey, I get to use fades now, which is nice.

Also, I can confirm that the.armenator will not be submitting anything. I have no information about CardiaX.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

She hasn't logged on since Mar. 27, so I'm doubtful.

Heh. I'm solo, and you have a team of two. Three is indeed company.