Turnabout Convergence

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Re: Turnabout Convergence

Post by DeeYo »

Congrats Rune! BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOLDURNED POINTS! ENIGMA AND TAP WAS THE BEST IN SCORING! DON'T TELL ME THE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING!

EDIT: Also, page 100. Yay for pointless chatter instead of perfecting your trials.

Total times sued: 10328
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

Congratulations to Rune!

Ah, I actually wasn't counting on the third win, anyway. The competition was way too big, after all... XP Stiil. Went better than I thought it would, I guess.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

DeeYo wrote:Congrats Rune! BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOLDURNED POINTS! ENIGMA AND TAP WAS THE BEST IN SCORING! DON'T TELL ME THE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING!

EDIT: Also, page 100. Yay for pointless chatter instead of perfecting your trials.
For once, I agree with Dee-Yo. If you're going to score things, at least make it so the scores mean something. :(
Tap

Post by Tap »

ZetaAzuel wrote:AND NOW FOR THe RESULTS AMIBEX ADITIO- oh wait wrong game...
Spoiler : Notes Before Reading the Results :
The numbers that determine how a trial of case ranks in terms of story, characters, writing, etc does not necessarily determine the rankings in the final results. I decided to simply rank them like that so that some people could get an idea for what I thought was good and or bad etc. I judged the cases as a whole... but I also had to think about not only the case as a whole but the case as a whole in regards to this competition. I mean if you were on a baking show, and you were asked to make a cake, and you made the best damn CUPCAKE[not a cake imo] it might be great, but if that great cupcake isn't so great that a good cake that followed the rules wins... then that's the bakers fault for making the cupcake rather than a cake... or whatever... it still isn't under the rules of the comp. That ideology is what in the end, made me decide who the winner of the comp would be as well as other rankings, and I know that there will be people who disagree with me strongly (or maybe they won't.) but as a judge I have a responsibility to make sure that my decision is not swayed by the populous. And with that, I hope that when the cases are released that some people will understand that I only got to play specific portions, whether those changed after the comp or not should be taken into consideration when someone decides that I'm a bad judge or not. Now, enough of all that ranking time.

In all seriousness, I hope our entry wasn't something you considered to be a "cupcake" rather than a "cake", Zeta. If so, we'd love to know where we went wrong. As one of my beta-testers can attest to, I've been very open lately to all manners of criticism in order to make sure our argument isn't lost amongst the narrative. :)

Ah, well. We've learned some lessons. The "potential" of an entry plays a great deal into judging, and I think our approach more than likely defined what will be the Theme Relevance too soon, so the "potential" element of this "ideology" was lost. It will be very interesting seeing Blackrune's entry. I'm pretty excited from the review you gave. Based on the character mentioned, I wonder if it is meant to be an independent prequel to Turnabout Executioner... :wink:
ImageImage
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

gratz Rune. Looking at the review, the game should be a blast (and maybe even a sign that you're setting up to actually working on Turnabout Executioner? Maybe?)
enigma wrote: For once, I agree with Dee-Yo. If you're going to score things, at least make it so the scores mean something. :(
Wholes greater than sums of parts, etc.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

enigma wrote:
DeeYo wrote:Congrats Rune! BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOLDURNED POINTS! ENIGMA AND TAP WAS THE BEST IN SCORING! DON'T TELL ME THE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING!

For once, I agree with Dee-Yo. If you're going to score things, at least make it so the scores mean something. :(
Well like I said, they didn't determine how I made the rankings. But you can use them to evaluate yourself and think about what could be improved on and things like that, maybe I'll just remember not to use numbers next time...
Tap wrote:
ZetaAzuel wrote:AND NOW FOR THe RESULTS AMIBEX ADITIO- oh wait wrong game...
Spoiler : Notes Before Reading the Results :
The numbers that determine how a trial of case ranks in terms of story, characters, writing, etc does not necessarily determine the rankings in the final results. I decided to simply rank them like that so that some people could get an idea for what I thought was good and or bad etc. I judged the cases as a whole... but I also had to think about not only the case as a whole but the case as a whole in regards to this competition. I mean if you were on a baking show, and you were asked to make a cake, and you made the best damn CUPCAKE[not a cake imo] it might be great, but if that great cupcake isn't so great that a good cake that followed the rules wins... then that's the bakers fault for making the cupcake rather than a cake... or whatever... it still isn't under the rules of the comp. That ideology is what in the end, made me decide who the winner of the comp would be as well as other rankings, and I know that there will be people who disagree with me strongly (or maybe they won't.) but as a judge I have a responsibility to make sure that my decision is not swayed by the populous. And with that, I hope that when the cases are released that some people will understand that I only got to play specific portions, whether those changed after the comp or not should be taken into consideration when someone decides that I'm a bad judge or not. Now, enough of all that ranking time.

In all seriousness, I hope our entry wasn't something you considered to be a "cupcake" rather than a "cake", Zeta. If so, we'd love to know where we went wrong. As one of my beta-testers can attest to, I've been very open lately to all manners of criticism in order to make sure our argument isn't lost amongst the narrative. :)

Ah, well. We've learned some lessons. The "potential" of an entry plays a great deal into judging, and I think our approach more than likely defined what will be the Theme Relevance too soon, so the "potential" element of this "ideology" was lost. It will be very interesting seeing Blackrune's entry. I'm pretty excited from the review you gave. Based on the character mentioned, I wonder if it is meant to be an independent prequel to Turnabout Executioner... :wink:
Don't worry Tap, your's was a "Cake" in my definition, and it was a good one. A well executed one, but it's just that some cupcakes are just better than cakes, obviously I know that you're upset with the rankings probably. But it was a great game, you and enigma did a great job so don't get so down on yourself.
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

NihilisticNinja wrote:gratz Rune. Looking at the review, the game should be a blast (and maybe even a sign that you're setting up to actually working on Turnabout Executioner? Maybe?)
enigma wrote: For once, I agree with Dee-Yo. If you're going to score things, at least make it so the scores mean something. :(
Why hello there NN. Good to see you again.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

kwando1313 wrote:
NihilisticNinja wrote:gratz Rune. Looking at the review, the game should be a blast (and maybe even a sign that you're setting up to actually working on Turnabout Executioner? Maybe?)
Why hello there NN. Good to see you again.
Hmm? Oh, right. Let's just say that I really have been in a state the last few weeks for... reasons that made actually desiring to communicating with pretty much anyone has been a challenge, and leave it at that. Also that I should remember we actually have a THREAD for when people are going to disappear that I should post in. But... yeah. Really? Sorry about disappearing again after saying I explicitly wasn't going to. Do feel guilty about that now that I remember it.

Anyway, hi.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Koopakirby

Post by Koopakirby »

Ah well. Even if I did not win, it was still fun getting to work with Zeel.

Congrats Rune! You did it!
Please play my trial series: Layers of Truth!
It contains my featured trial, Reinstate the Turnabout! Part 1 / Part 2
Heeeeey! Pinkie Pie here! Just asking for you to please check out Ask Pinkie Pie! It'll be a real party! I promise!
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

I look forward to kicking your shelled self into the general direction of my enemies many more times in the future, comrade~
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

T-Thanks everyone.

I'm not sure what to say here, because I never expected to win. It wasn't my main objective when I entered this competition, otherwise I would've collabed with someone to increase my chances.
Furthermore, I felt like I slacked off way too much. I thought if I get 3 parts done I might have a chance at winning, so I planned to do just that, but I only got 2 done. Then there's theme relevance... well, there's a little, but... hm, maybe I'm just too blind to see it in my own case so far. The fact that everyone else's entry hasn't unleashed their full potential yet either must've saved me somehow. It definitely must've been really close.

...I should've made sure to release this sooner though. Now it's "that unknown case that won" - potentially overhyped.

And now I also have to think up a theme for the next competition. As I said, I didn't expect to end up in this spot so I hadn't given that any thought at all. I'll definitely host it though, so that I won't get tempted to join another competition.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Would you be open to suggestions~?
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Make it Umineko related or all locked rooms~ Image

Don't worry about it. Take your time and come up with an awesome theme~

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

kwando1313 wrote:Make it Umineko related or all locked rooms~ Image
*slaps kwando*

Total times sued: 10328
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

*catches Tap*

To be honest, it was interesting to see who would win. I mean, between all these great trial makers, it's not really a question of 'will I like this' as much as 'how much will I like this'. Congrats, Rune. And DwaM: this DOES make your third not-hosting-a-competition in a row.

I wish the best of luck to all the participants about completing their trials. You know, this really was the kind of theme that would've necessitated more time, since it's kind of difficult to show off your 'convergence' when you only have half of your story. The loose ends and different plots always come together in the end. I would love to play all your trials once they're done. And I'm looking forward to the next comp theme.

BUT Tap's entry was totes the best. I'm not at all biased or anything.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle