Help! Can't save due to a debug error

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

floatfreely
Spoken languages: English, German

Help! Can't save due to a debug error

Post by floatfreely »

Hey, all!

I'm currently working on making a fancase. I've had it work pretty smoothly until recently. Whenever I try to save, I get an error that says "Debug:178773/178341|ents":[]}}|", with the first number changing sometimes.

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?

Edit: Huh. It's fixed itself, somehow. How do I prevent this from happening in the future?
That's a neat ship. It's mine now.

Trans rights!
mars0id
Spoken languages: English

Re: Help! Can't save due to a debug error

Post by mars0id »

I know that sometimes save data can get screwed up if you have a spotty connection to the internet. Just a bit ago, I received a message saying my internet connection was poor. But, I've never seen that debug message, so it's probably a different problem

-Seth
"uhh... there is no evidence,,, take off your clothes." phoenix at manfred, probably
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Help! Can't save due to a debug error

Post by Enthalpy »

That 'error' is for developers, hence the part of the message that said you should post that string on the forum.

Unas has given a very nice overview of what that message means here. This is not the kind of error message that we can prevent against.

That said, I can make a few changes to make the error message more useful. I'll get that done today or tomorrow.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson