How can I implicate progress in a Your Trials post? How can I modify a post name?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Torri 800
Spoken languages: English

How can I implicate progress in a Your Trials post? How can I modify a post name?

Post by Torri 800 »

Hello. By encountering this post, you can tell I don't know how to rename an existing post. This is the hook for my main question:

How do I signal post readers on a post in the forum that I have made progress on my cases? I've been seeing people who made posts using circles, as indicated below:

I know these circles, stars, etc. are symbols, but I don't know how to add/update them to a post. I also wanted to know if updating a post name would bring it to the front page (statistically, people are most likely to view posts based on whether or not they're on the front page) - just curious about the whole ordeal.

Thanks!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: How can I implicate progress in a Your Trials post? How can I modify a post name?

Post by Enthalpy »

When you edit one of your posts, there's a "Subject" field above the field with the body of your text. Edit that "Subject" field. If you don't know how to edit a post, I'll need to explain that.

Changing the subject of the first post in a topic will rename the topic in the subforum. Only a new post can cause it to appear sooner in the list of topics.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson