a way to turn a sprite more than just mirroring it

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

theimortal1974
Spoken languages: English

a way to turn a sprite more than just mirroring it

Post by theimortal1974 »

i'm doing a 100% comedic asinine attorney like story. it has a bad ending with a nuclear device being armed. at one point someone screams that the door won't open. i want to use the witness bench since it has a door behind it with von karma using the bashing his head into the wall over and over again animation (for when he's defeated in the first game). as in joking that he's trying to open the door with his head. the problem is it doesn't quite match up correctly (looks like he's bashing his head into the bannister with the flag on it next to the door. i was wondering if there's more i can do with the animation than just flip it. like if it could look like he's doing it from behind. that would be perfect. but if i have to stick with the 90 degree one that's fine. i'm just a bit compulsive.
theimortal1974

Re: a way to turn a sprite more than just mirroring it

Post by theimortal1974 »

maybe if i shift him over to the left a bit.
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

okay i got the gif by using a software to move a gif over. but now the game recognizes the new gif but it won't appear when i use the custom character. the character sprite menu is blank but when i click on it, it shows my custom gif but it won't appear on the left and i'm using the same orientation on both the character and the scene. here's the gif i'm trying to use on the game.

it looks the same as the stock gif but he's actually shifted a bit to the left.

i know i'm going too far for just a 5 minute comedy sky but i'm very ocd sometimes.
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

this is why i'm hoping to achieve (a little lower of course).
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

again i want it to look like he's trying to open the door by with his head.
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

never mind i got it. i had to add it to still sprite not talking sprite for some reason (or i guess i do. i just added the url to all three character poses).
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Hey! First of all, being in a forum, you should avoid "double-posting"; as in, posting on the same topic back-to-back when adding to a post of yours and not replying to anyone. Secondly...
theimortal1974 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:28 pmi was wondering if there's more i can do with the animation than just flip it. like if it could look like he's doing it from behind. that would be perfect.
what you ask is impossible. 2D Animations are not 3D ones: you can't "rotate" them on the vertical axis, at least, the way you want. You can make a sprite from scratch, however
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

i swear i deleted a post earlier? can i not do that after someone has replied? i guess i'll just lock it then.