Locked Out Of My Old Account

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

StupidVarietyHour
Spoken languages: English and French

Locked Out Of My Old Account

Post by StupidVarietyHour »

Hello everyone, my name is Ethan, but you probably don't know me. I, back in July, made a case that I am still half-proud of. The account's name was Kadakruss. When I went to log on to the account a fee months ago, it wouldn't let me because "Maximum login attempts allowed. As well as your username and password, you must now pass the CAPTCHA test" or something along those lines. Except, there was no test that showed up. I went to reset my password and it gave me a 404. I contacted the admins a few months back to no response. I've tried logging in from multiple devices. Does anyone know if I can fix this or if my old account is gone forever? And I've taken the suggestion of using Firefox. No luck. I've also tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Nothing. I've even installed the new version of Java. Nope. Any help appreciated.
Letha
Spoken languages: English, French, German, Italian

Re: Locked Out Of My Old Account

Post by Letha »

Hi Ethan, You could try to fix the problem seeing the FAQ section. I saw there's something u could follow for trying to have ur account again
Kadakruss
Spoken languages: English, en peu français

Post by Kadakruss »

Alright, so big news. A few months later, and it works now!!!!!!! I'm glad that everything is back on track!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Glad to hear that. In future, for account recovery problems, you're best off contacting the site admin, Unas. His email address is on the front page, and he's the only person who can help with this sort of thing.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson