Resources: AA OC Collection!

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Initiate
Spoken languages: English, Borginian

Re: Resources: Random Characters for People to Use!

Post by Initiate »

Enthalpy wrote:I wouldn't count on it. The creator (June-pie) hasn't been active since August.
PatBrownGame wrote:Damn shame, since those sprites looked really promising imo.
June-pie is actually somewhat active on the Ace Attorney Discord, though their current name/ident is "Strawberry Pimp#8279". UID is 318446325609791489 in case that changes in the future. Fair warning, from what I've seen they seem pretty busy with a different project, but if you want to get in contact with them that's your best bet.
Bewer
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Bewer »

Damn, this topic is really useful, thanks everyone who contribued to it.
Quick question: When I release my trial, I have to reply to the person that made the sprite in this thread, and tell them?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Bewer wrote:Damn, this topic is really useful, thanks everyone who contribued to it.
Quick question: When I release my trial, I have to reply to the person that made the sprite in this thread, and tell them?
It's good courtesy, if they're still an active user, but not required unless specifically marked.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bewer
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Bewer »

Enthalpy wrote:
Bewer wrote:Damn, this topic is really useful, thanks everyone who contribued to it.
It's good courtesy, if they're still an active user, but not required unless specifically marked.
Make sense, just wanted to make sure of the procedure
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It looks like several of the links in the first post are down. Lind, can you try to get those back up?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
June-pie
Spoken languages: English

Post by June-pie »

HELLO! It is i june-pie! i have returned! My sincere apologies for not being active here. you see. I use discord a lot. and i'm in a lot of servers. And its hard to be active here and there at the same time. I am here to submit a new character for people to use. This guy's official name is Collin Dekawps but of course if ya wanna use him for a case you can name him whatever. Image
Spoiler : :
"YES, funky!"
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

So here's a set of sprites that were for a fangame, I didn't really remember this ones but they are quite nice.
Spoiler : Kristal Jewel :
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
If someone wants to do a witness stand or extra poses that's fine with me, you don't really have to ask me permission to use this sprites or any I have made, just credit me.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Woah Hess haven't seen you in ages! Nice to see more of your work! :pearlhappy:
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Yeah, those are really good.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Thank you! I think this sprites were the last ones I made lol, sometimes I been wanting to do some sprite work, but with the lack of new cases a have lost interest tbh.

I may return to do some sprites if I see enough people back to the fandom.

Edit: Actually, I would like to ask, would there be any interest in a revamp of Gretta's sprites? I have seen her used enough times to feel a bit disappointed on how she looks right now.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Gretta isn't a character I plan to use, but she is a character type that we don't have a good "substitute" for on AAO, and looking at the sprites, I think there is room for you to improve this. I'd like a revamp on principle, but it wouldn't directly benefit me.

(After I release my current case competition entry, I do plan to use Piraya Bellrose for a case, though.)
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Hesseldahl wrote:Thank you! I think this sprites were the last ones I made lol, sometimes I been wanting to do some sprite work, but with the lack of new cases a have lost interest tbh.

I may return to do some sprites if I see enough people back to the fandom.

Edit: Actually, I would like to ask, would there be any interest in a revamp of Gretta's sprites? I have seen her used enough times to feel a bit disappointed on how she looks right now.
If she is updated, I will update her sprites on my case A Tricky Turnabout. I have no plans to use her on a new case at this time, however.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
June-pie
Spoken languages: English

Post by June-pie »

Heyo this is june-pie here with another character submission! This dude here is Franco Casanova. He's a private detective with a very no funny business personality. He's hard to impress, is quite sarcastic and speaks like he's in a 60's detective show. Of course if your using him for a case you can give him any name or personality you want! well...at least the personality you see in his pose's and design. Image
Spoiler : :
Last edited by June-pie on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
"YES, funky!"
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I'm just loving seeing sprite sets in 2020! This resurgence is making me want to make more too!

@Hess: I'm not planning on using Gretta, but she's my favourite of your OCs, so if you want to give her a glow up, I'd love to see that!

@June Pie: Looks awesome! (Would've been perfect to have used if I stuck to the public holiday trial comp LOL He suits one of the characters I was writing)
I know it's not my thread, but I have some suggestions for using Waifu2x on sprites = increase size with a background, then manually clean up the outlines. It gets rid of the pixelated outline. Also you might need to add details lost such as his pupils.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I like the Casanova sprites! There aren't too many sprite sets with a good damage pose.