Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by Trybien »

Front Office - Katsuro

As he made his way into the room preceding his announcement of entrance, Katsuro nearly bumped into the purple haired person who then addressed him and said something about a Tiny Table Tino guy. "Oh, I didn't expect anyone her. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction." Katsuro bowed and moved to the front desk where he was to learn that he had nowhere to sleep for the night, "Great, knowing my luck I will have to sleep out on the sidewalk using this parachute as a blanket..." Despite the disappointment, the costume party did in fact interest him but he wasn't sure if he should go without a costume.

Considering there wasn't much in terms of options, Katsuro figured that the best thing to do was to try to make a friend so maybe he could later convince them to let him bunk with them tonight.

"Thank you for the information Mr... uh... Tiny Table Tino Guy?" Embarrassed, Katsuro slowly backed away from the desk and turned towards Shuu.

"Sorry about that. By the way, my name is Katsuro Kyouken, the new guy on the block." The blond hair boy scratched his head and gave a wry smile. "I don't really know what I am doing here nor anything about this costume party..." Beads of sweat started pouring from his forehead as he started to become more awkward. "You don't have to be my friend if you don't wan't to, that's not what I'm asking. I'd just like a little... guidance?... if its possible at all." The desperation on Katsuro's face only got worse as each second passed by.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
tb2fan

Post by tb2fan »

Front Desk

With the promise of a dorm room later, and that all his bags would be handled later, Harmon quickly nodded. Before he could respond to this... Lewis... fellow, he overheard what could best be described as a light "Thopping" sound coming from outside. As the sound faded away, a young guy with blonde hair, probably about Harmon's age, walked in. Was that a parachute he was carrying? People at this school certainly knew how to make a grand entrance.

But for now, it looked like nobody was going to be getting their room assignments. Quickly reopening the steamer trunk, Harmon took out the outfit and tightly tucked it under his arm. "Well, I think I'll go and change. See you all around" Harmon stated with a big over-dramatic wave. And then he was gone, off to one of the other parts of the school.

Dormatories

Did Harmon have any idea how this school was laid out? No. Did he have any idea where he was going? Definitely not. Would he find the gym eventually? Probably.

"Hmmm. Maybe if I go stage left... or perhaps right upstage..."
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium:

“Sure, Ah’ll come with ya.” Isabelle heard a lack of coherent ideas. Doesn’t know what I am... Did I make a mistake somewhere?

CLANK CLANKCLANK CLANK

What is that? Isabelle raised her voice to compensate for the loudness. “AH’M SUPPOSED T’ BE A SIREN,” She looked down at her costume again. “BUT AH... AH GUESs Ah COUld be called a nymph.” Isabelle started to lower her volume, turning away from the person that she was speaking to. And then proceed to have her face turn red. And that pesky impulse to run to a good drawing location resurfaced with a vengeance. “Lead the way.” was spoken in just over a whisper.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

???

Crossed arms, eyes looking at the ground and a stiff pose, it was all an indication of skepticism, result of Gwen's attitude and honest words.

She has to be fake, I know it, she can't actually truly be a nice person, I just know it...

"Gwen, I know that what you think of me hasn't changed from hearing some people's opinion on me, and I know that we aren't here to have a conversation about that, so what is it Gwen? Why are we truly here today?"

Paolo didn't like the reality that Gwen was actually a good person, willing to hear his side from the story, so he decided to push her a bit.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Gymnasium

"You're both doing great! That looks like so much fun, I hope you both win!" Kyouji shouted to Nina and Opal. It was quite possible that he didn't actually know the rules of DDR. But it was very flashy and had a lot of pretty lights, so at least it looked like it was a lot of fun! And fun was definitely the most important part.

Of course, Kyouji hadn't ignored the fact that Ume had seemingly appeared out of nowhere rushed towards him. Of course, he was glad that Ume was there because friends are always good. That was just how the world works. He apparently wasn't confused by Ume's costume at all and seemed to treat it as if it were normal. His casual acceptance of the situation as a completely normal thing only served to further accentuate how strange it probably looked.

"Oh, hi Ume! It's so nice to see you again. Are you on an adventure to make as many friends as possible too?"
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Gymnasium - Demon Princess Zalibadeth

Trying to keep her cool while also maintaining character, Elibazeth had closed her eyes and began fanning herself gently. She had done a particularly good job with improvisation, considering that Violet wasn't playing along with her whole act. This made her think she should break away soon, she was getting worried that she was giving Violet the wrong impression. Was she coming off as childish? She had been doing these kinds of acts since she was in elementary. Did that mean she was acting like a kid right now? These thoughts honestly made the whole thing so much harder, but she was dedicated. Childish or no, it was still a challenge explaining the situation and staying in-character at the same time. And in this regard, Demon Princess Zalibadeth had not failed.

"So you want me to seduce Ludwig?"

Elibazeth's eyes couldn't have snapped open any faster. She had stopped fanning herself, frozen solid as her brain slowly processed Violet's question. Seduce? Violet seducing Ludwig? Is that really what she understood from all that? Elibazeth checked on Violet to see her blushing intensely, which she honestly found cute. But then with that particularly misunderstanding still fresh in her mind and with how Violet's costume really complimented her figure, Elibazeth suddenly found herself blushing as well.

The princess's motor functions finally caught up with her brain. Elibazeth fanned herself and tried to hide her face at the same time, which only led to her hitting herself on the head several times before she stopped and held still.

"W-w-what? S-seduce?" Elibazeth stuttered while she tried to mentally pick up the pieces of the demon princess that were scattered across her mind's floor. "H-heavens no! Perish the thought! Oh goodness as if I would allow any self-respecting lady to be with that brute!" She pushed her face into the fan, resisting the urge to let her internal screaming be heard. This was as close to breaking character as she could get.

Cleanse your mind Elibazeth. Think clean thoughts. Think about fresh laundry and soap and the smell of flowers. Wait no Violet is a flower turn back turn back turn back.

Elibazeth stayed like this for a good 10 seconds.

She closed her fan, her face now only the slightest tinge of pink. She was fine now. She was fine. Let's try that again. Elibazeth cleared her throat and spoke.

"Allow me to clarify, my fair Djinn: You need not necessarily seduce Ludwig, you need only befriend him. Surely this is a simple task for a magical being of your level?"

Gymnasium - Mask Samurai Xan and Clownie Crow

The butler watched from behind his mask as Jackie took his whiteboard in her hand and started to cover the entire surface with the black marker. Xander didn't bother to stop her from doing this, as Jackie had started talking in the midst of covering the board in a sea of black ink. When she had finished, she slammed the board down in front of him with force, leaving it mostly covered in black ink.

In response to her question, Xander looked up from the board towards the direction of where Elibazeth was. He subtly pointed in the direction of two women by the table, one dressed in a kimono and a masquerade mask and the other resembling a genie. One of them seemed to be having a good time while the other was blushing. He seemed to look at the for a second too long before bowing his head ever so slightly.

He put his hand down and looked back to the white board. As he had listened to Jackie, he came to think of the marker as an outlet for the girl. The blackness of the ink representative of the darkness she had inside her and each stroke she made covered more of the whiteness, the good. With each word he had heard from her, he saw the lines become thicker, more pronounced, the more negativity channeled. But the lines also became inconsistent, leaving a few spaces of white, as if she were hesitant to completely blot it out. There was one thought he had in particular seeing the state of the whiteboard.

He was going to need a new marker.

That aside, Xander took the board in his hand and regarded it for a moment like a curator to a painting, as if he were taking in the meaning of it all and trying to feel what the artist was feeling. Then, after what looked like some careful consideration, he raised his gloved hand and slid his finger across the board, drawing onto it.

The butler put the whiteboard in front of Jackie again.
Spoiler : The Whiteboard :
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Gymnasium - Ludwig

After finding a secluded corner where no one else was, far from the food tables where some notable people were, Ludwig let out a sigh and leaned back against the wall. The day felt a lot longer than it actually was. What with all the chaos and drama going on.

Looking out at the gym, Ludwig immediately spotted Karen talking with some siren girl. Karen looked at home among the crowd of the people, despite their secluded upbringing. He raised his right hand to his neck but found no fabric there to adjust. His neck felt too bare at the moment.

Gymnasium - Karen

Karen smiled gently at Isabelle, getting the tiniest of feelings that the other girl wasn't entirely at home in such public spaces.

And then came the CLANK CLANK CLANKCLANK CL-CLANK CLANK CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CL-CL-CLANK CLANKCLANK CL-CLANK CLANK.

Karen looked around wildly until she spotted Nina and Opal dancing away. "O-okay zen..." She then turned her attention back to Isabelle.

“AH’M SUPPOSED T’ BE A SIREN.” Karen looked Isabelle up and down. Her mouth opened in a small "o". “BUT AH... AH GUESs Ah COUld be called a nymph.”

"Sorry about zee mistake!" Karen yelled over the clanking. "Eizer vay, jou look beautiful!" When Isabelle gave the word to be led, Karen took her hand. "It looks like dancing is out of zee question for me. So I guess I'll join jou! By zee vay, my name is Karen; nice to meet jou!"

Gymnasium - Violet

"Allow me to clarify, my fair Djinn: You need not necessarily seduce Ludwig, you need only befriend him. Surely this is a simple task for a magical being of your level?"

Okay, so Violet was a little way off.

"Uhm... I think I can befriend him. Maybe? I'm not quite sure..." Violet pulled a clump of hair over her shoulder and started to play with it. "I mean, I... He scares me, okay? And well, I've never befriended a guy before. All I have are gal pals. But... I guess I should learn how to befriend guys." Violet smiled to herself. "And I think I already have an idea! I'll take your request and begin my work tomorrow!" Violet tossed her hair over her shoulder and started backing away from Elibazeth. "But for now, I feel like I should enjoy this party!" She spun on her heel and ran towards somewhere else in the gym.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Front Office - Shuu

Shuu put on his trademark wide smile in an attempt to reassure Katsuro, relieve him from his worry and make sure that everything's cool. "Man, it's alright! No need to feel all stiff and nervous, buddy!" Grin grin. "The name's Shuu Shoji over here!" He pointed at himself with a thumbs-up directed at his chest. "I'm also new around here, so we're in the same spot, really, I totally getcha. This place is... something else, alright! I guess with my flashy aesthetic and bubbly personality, I'll fit right into the group?" That... sounded nice, actually. "Anyway, good to meet some people around here before I can laze around in my dorm! Let's be good buds, alright, Katsuro?" Shuu politely extends a hand out to Katsuro, still smiling the same way as at the start of their conversation.

---

Dormitory - Calliope

Calliope stomps on the ground with a foot. "God, how ridiculous even are you!? This school is so full of nutjobs I don't even know where to begin with them! Grrrr!" Someone was very, very clearly angry and wasn't afraid to show it. "Don't blabber about your dumb hat, I don't care! I'd flip the darn thing off of your head if I felt like straining my poor, silky-skinned hands that way!" More groaning, unsightly of a lady. "A-And I can find my room by myself! I don't need some time-displaced geek's help! Who the hell even wears a monocle in this age!? You have like, zero fashion sense, for Christ's sake! Don't even talk to me right now, ohhh my god." She was done. She was so done. She hadn't been at this darned school for long and she already felt so so done. Good job Calliope. "No wonder some freak from the old ages doesn't recognize such a beauty spread through the internet like wildfire, now conquering national TV... they don't even have a cellphone or a computer! Probably stuck your noses into the books all day! God, why did I even bother?"

---

Gymnasium - Terrence

Terrence slaps Matthew's butt So their conversation kinda grinded to a halt. Terrence just begins to look aimlessly around the gym again, though he remains on his spot. This is... awkward. Well, Terrence had a tendency to make things awkward or... plain BE awkward in these kinds of situations. The large cow onesie draped over his shape doesn't really help things in the slightest. Not at all.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Behind the dorms - Gwendalyn:

So he didn't believe her right away. She couldn't say she didn't expect that. Truthfully, anyways, though she thought he'd be an easier nut to crack.

"Oh, come on..." Gwen said, still giggling a little bit, and lowering her voice. "You just got a compliment from the big, bad, terrible Gwendalyn Summers, and you're just gonna stomp it into the ground?" More giggling, though her tone was starting to shift. It was unclear in which direction, though. "I don't get you sometimes... Oh! Speaking of~! Let me answer your question with a question: what's your beef with me again, exactly? I remember losing my cool for a split second in front of you, but that's about it... That isn't it, is it?"

Gwendalyn started to lean forward a bit, and there was something different about her smile. It seemed a little more... serene? And the look in her eye... it wasn't quite mischief. It was something different. Something... potentially good...?
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium - Isabelle:

“Eizer vay, jou look beautiful.” Isabelle blushed. “My name is Karen; nice to meet jou.”

Isabelle you need to speak. Say something. I’m not used to this. Is this how you make friends? Somewhat confused by the situation, Isabelle could barely say “M... Ma name is Isabelle.” What is it with that stutter? This isn’t you. She took Karen’s hand. “So, um…” Think. There has to be something to say. “When we reach the singin’ games, do ya want to have a sing off?”
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Spoiler : app :
Name: Gleen Christie.

Dislikes: Liers, the sun, stories about orphans.

Appearance: Glenn is an albino teen, he is 165 cm and has a skinny build. She usually wears simple clothes that aren't difficult to put since they are completely blind. Sometimes she wears sunglasses, only so people don't become scared of her eyes.

Personality: Gleen can be described as a blunt,curious and sometimes rude person, they don't usually show a lot of emotion through their voice or expressions.

Backstory: A lot of Gleen's past is missing, he only remembers who she was more or less to the age of 8 or 10, this is because she suffered a major accident that lead her to lose her memory. He doesn't know the details of this accident (despite him trying various times to find them), he only knows that it was a train accident that put him into a 1 week coma. Once he woke up, he had to face the fact that probably his parents were dead and that no one knew who she was, therefore, from that moment, she was an orphan. This event would scar them for life and make them obsessed with finding the truth. Her life on the orphanage wasn't that easy, she was really lonely, most kids were scared of her ghostly appearance and lack of expressions, this lead the kids to give Gleen the nickname of the "blind ghost", she later adopted it with pride. Despite all of this, Gleen managed to pull off, they where pretty intelligent, on school, they where always at the top of the class and a lot of adults admired them for their maturity and strong will to find the truth. One day, Gleen received an email, offering her a %100 scholarship at Shelvington Academy, that also covered the rent of a room, food, a help dog and extras. Gleen at first was skeptical, but after assuring it was real, he accepted it. Now they are moving at Calipan, hoping to finally let the past rest and becoming happy.
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Some Area Outside The Campus, Going Towards The Cafeteria- Chouko

The sound of a shopping cart rattling could be heard clearly, as Chouko came in the front gate. To no one's surprise, she was pushing a shopping cart full of groceries, which contained mostly drinks. She slowed down, and breathed in deeply. Exhale. Then, she came to a full stop, and leaned over the cart as she tried to catch her breath.

She seemed to be sweating quite a bit, underneath her hoodie. She thought to herself, They said we had enough, but they asked me to go pick up more... They told me the store was close but it was miles away. I already knew that, though. She rested her arms on the cart, and placed her forehead on her sleeves. Breathe in, breathe out. She decided to let her breath come back to her, since she was already late.
Spoiler : OoC :
Just waiting for DLA. This is just an excuse to have her not awkwardly show up in the middle of the event for no reason.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @Hess :
App accepted. Welcome to Shelvington Academy.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

tb2fan

Post by tb2fan »

Dormatories

Harmon rounded another corner in his continuing quest for the gymnasium. This was going nowhere fast. Or maybe it was nowhere slow. Either way he was getting nowhere. If only there were some- Ah! Voices! Maybe the source of them could help him figure out where the Gymnasium was. For some reason, it took longer than he expected to reach the voice. And only as he got close did he realize why. The voice was incredibly loud, and seemed to be incredibly angry. He had to wonder what kind of person could-

A drop dead gorgeous one is what kind.

Before Harmon stood probably one of the prettiest girls he'd laid eyes on. All of a sudden, all of the angry talking in the world couldn't reach his ears as everything else sort of just... dissolved away. Were those fireworks going off behind her? No, that was probably just his imagination. Who cared.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - Jackie

Jackie glanced at the direction Xander looked towards. "Tch...talkin' to Little Miss Succubus? Figures...goddamn snake charmer..."

She leaned against the wall, her wig squishing back as she did. "Lib looks real pretty in that," she sighed. "Guess she's got one of those nice bodies for fancy crap like that. If I tried dressin' up all fancy like that...I'd just look like some kinda a blank of wood someone stapled a dress to. Tch...damn hot people..." She leaned her head back to push the wig over her eyes again. "This just works for me. I can't pull off any nice-lookin' crap...I might as well go whole hog the other direction. It looks as good on me as any goddamn dress would."

While she was rambling, more to herself than to Xander, the butler was doing something to the inky whiteboard. Jackie didnt even notice until the thing was literally in her lap again. "What the hell is it now, you damn..."

be you

Jackie went quiet. She stared at the board for a while. Her hands twitched, but she didn't say anything. It took her almost a full minute of silence before she spoke.

"...Pfft...What's this supposed to mean?" she said with a chuckle. "Don't be an idiot, you idiot. I don't need some silent-ass manservant tellin' me who I am. I doubt you get me more than I get me after a one-sided conversation. Clown suit, dress, a damn panda suit...I don't give a damn! I'm still me! I'm still...eh?"

There was a drop of water on the surface of the whiteboard.

"H-huh...?"

Another one. And another. She could see her eye makeup running down her cheeks on her reflection in the ink.

"Sh-!" She dropped the whiteboard and rubbed her eyes. When she pulled her hands away, the dripping stopped, but her gloves were stained blue. "No, no, no...! I-I can't! I...I..."

Jackie picked up the whiteboard again and glared at her reflection. The blue around her eyes was smeared and runny. She looked even more ridiculous. She clenched the whiteboard tightly, her entire body shaking. Her lip quivered at first...but her teeth clenched tightly.

"S...Ssss...Sssss-!"

SNAP

Suddenly, Jackie snapped the whiteboard over her knee. She dropped the pieces to the ground and turned towards Xander. Her expression behind the scarlet smile was something between fury and misery.

"S-Screw you...!"

She weakly shouted in a raspy, weak voice, then turned around to storm off. It only took her a couple steps to nearly trip over her own shoes. She angrily and haphazardly tore them off from her feet and started to carry them in her hand, before she sped away from Xander as quickly as she could...doing so rather haphazardly.

----

Gymnasium - Punch

Sid took a drink from his punch. "Yup," he said to Flo. He drank more punch.

He took his phone out, and he started scrolling through stuff. Then he typed something. Then he scrolled through more stuff. Then he put his phone in his pocket, and he drank some more punch, and then he looked at the room.

"It's not bad punch," he said.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!