Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by Sleuth »

The Camping Store:

God this was embarrassing-- First, Literally Everything That Happened Before Class happened, and now she'd come here and now, this kid was showing her up by buying the knife for her!! On top of not being able to pay back Kris for the hat... This was horrible.

Isis opened her mouth to protest as Kris handed her the knife. But at the same time, something told her that wasn't going to be of any use-- Kris seemed like they wouldn't let her, and she had no idea what Kyouji would do. If she took it, she was going to owe him (in her own mind, at least).

But she was already this far in. Isis's urge to keep fighting this battle died out, and she closed her mouth into a sigh, before taking the knife.

"Th... Thanks." She managed to grunt out.

As soon as the smooth steel touched her skin, however, her eyes suddenly lit up-- She gently opened the blade, running a finger along the edge. oh my god is this what love feels like? Isis thought, transfixed, before closing the blade. Then opening it. Then closing it. Then opening. Open. Close. Open. Close. Why was that so satisfying??

She continued to stare into the blade-- Until she caught sight of Kris and Kyouji in the reflection of the blade, and remembered that she existed in reality. Slowly, she pocketed the knife, then straightened her tie and flicked her ponytail as if she hadn't just dissociated for a solid few seconds.

"Um. Yeah. Great. I... I think I'm done here, then." Isis said, looking around. "I should... get some other stuff for camp. Clothes! That's right..."

She ran a hand through her ponytail dramatically. "You know where a gay girl can get some flannel around here?"
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Store Camp

"You're welcome, Isis!" Kyouji excitedly said, Isis' sour mood apparently being completely lost to him. To be completely fair to him, Isis was immediately enthused by the knife, but it was still a sudden mood shift that he probably should have noticed.

Kris thought over Isis' question carefully. In truth, the selection of stores made it difficult to recommend just one, but Kris, Kyouji, and Isis were now bonded through the power of the rainbow, knowingly or not. So, Kris decided to look for the rainbow.

Kris then stepped out and looked to their left, during which they immediately saw a giant store that was all the colors of the rainbow, prominently had clothing on display that said 'I'm gay', and was named 'Rainbow Road', which sounded like copyright infringement. The store's logo was also a unicorn. The store had several entrances, each one themed after a different pride flag.

They blinked.

"I get the feeling you'll find what you're looking for over there. Call it a hunch."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

chouko says the word heterosexual very loudly
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Outside the Classroom-Paolo:

Paolo followed Job and also extended his hand to Jackie.

"Jackie, we want to worry about you, because we are your friends, and our obligation as your friend is sharing your feelings, may them be happy ones or sad ones so please let us be your friend."

The teen said, trying to sound cool when in fact he was being as cheesy as always.

Nurse Office-Boo:

"I guess I should go to class." Boo responded

I cannot wait for someone else to get hurt by my fault.

A tear rolled from Boo's cheek.

Maybe I should not go to class.

Another tear rolled from Boo's cheek.

Maybe I should not had even been born!

And a river started falling from Boo's eyes.

I am just always making things worse, why can I be like mom and dad? So useful for everyone, unlike me, their dumb daughter.

Boo got out of the nurse office, with no direction she ran, until she tripped out with her own legs, and instead of standing up, she continued crying on the floor.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Isis in the Mall:

Isis's eyes widened. "That's the gayest store I've ever seen in my life. It's perfect."

It was a weird feeling-- She was so used to being around the incredible gayness of her family that it almost felt like home looking at it. Come to think of it, this island probably had straight people? Was that possible? Oh wow, that was weird. Had she ever seen one in the wild? Sure she'd shouted at them online, but a Real Hetero™? She probably shouldn't think too hard about it-- They were all people, after all. The important thing was that everyone here was united under the single banner of being ridiculously rich.

Isis turned to the butler and bowed. "Um, like. Thanks or whatever. I'll come back here some time to buy more knives."

With that, she left the store and crossed the sea of students before getting to Rainbow Road, and standing herself by the pink and orange pride flag of her sapphic inclination. As she stepped through the doors into the equally blinding interior, she found herself overcome by the sheer number of outfits. True to its name, Rainbow Road was a veritable rainbow of clothes, accessories, jewelry, hats-- It was almost too much. She needed a butler or something to help her through here-- preferably an attractive girl or non-binary person who wore a nice-looking suit.

Currently, the only other person in the store was a young man in his 20s. He had black shoulder length hair that ended in neon pink tips, and donned what seemed to be the unicorn-adorned uniform of the store, but with a long skirt down to his ankles that likely wasn't part of the dress code. On his lapel was a namebadge reading "Kagami", in graffiti-like handwriting. Lastly, and most eye-catching, were the earrings he wore: gilded letters spelling "HE" on one ear and "HIM" on the other. This was certainly a guy who loved his fashion. He looked like an important NPC in a JRPG, so Isis figured she should talk to him.

"Um. Hello." Isis said, marching up to the man. "I'm here to find..."

"Ah, let me guess." Kagami replied, eyeing Isis up and down. "Flannel, right?"

Isis nodded. "I... don't know anything about fashion. So just get me something that looks good. And will make girls like me!"

Kagami grinned. "Well my friend, you're in luck! Back in high school, they used to say I was the 'ultimate' when it came to fashion... Let's see if I can't work my magic for you."
GuardianDreamer

The Cave Store

"Oh, I'll come with you!" Kyouji said, before turning back to the others. "If you need anything, I'll be following Isis! I'm sure she won't mind if any of you come along too!"

Kyouji then merrily skipped out of the store.

Kris looked a bit nonplussed.

"He's going to get mistaken for the world's cheeriest knife murderer if he skips around while holding those two knives..."

Rainbow Road

Kyouji merrily skipped through the trans flag road, and then immediately went back to also enter through the pansexual flag road. All the while, he was still holding one knife in each hand while merrily skipping.

"Oh, those are some really great earrings! Where did you get them?" Kyouji said to Kagami, stopping next to Isis.

He then turned towards Isis.

"Is he a friend too?"
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Rainbow Road:

The employee grinned at the pirate boy's compliment, waving his hands under his earrings with pride. "Oh, these are a Kagami Original! I happen to have a few on hand if you're interested; any pronouns, of course, or custom if you so choose! Here, have a look while I help out our snowy-haired friend here."

Kagami quickly pulled out a rack of earrings, all designed to read various pronouns, from "they/them" to "xe/xir". With that, he walked into the back of the store and began rifling through the back room for clothes.

"Wh-- Why are YOU here!?" Isis asked, jolting away from the boy. Though she remembered his impassioned rant from earlier. "Actually nevermind. I guess it would make sense..."

Against her will, it seemed, Isis was at least starting to get used to the existence of the pirate boy. She didn't know what his deal was, really, and she still felt the gnawing agitation of owing someone biting away at her for the knife. But maybe he wasn't really so bad? Besides having the energy of six thousand gay suns, he at least liked knives and liked gay stuff. It could be worse. She could be here with...

Isis had to push the thoughts of her rival, the princess, out of her head-- Damn, she'd been doing such a good job forgetting! If nothing else, the boy was distraction, and it was distraction she needed right now.

She was gonna regret it, but she figured she should... talk to him more.

"So." Isis said, leaning onto the counter, addressing Kyouji without looking directly at him, "What's your deal? What's your family do? Pirate stuff I'm assuming?"
GuardianDreamer

Rainbow Road

"I'm here because I'm here! It looked like a really fun adventure that you were going on, so I decided to tag along!" Kyouji simply explained. He gave a cheery wave to Kagami as well, and seemed to briefly consider the earrings, before realizing that he didn't really do earrings. "Oh, I don't wear earrings, but I'll think about it! Maybe I should ask a friend who wears earrings if they'd like them as a gift! I know, do you have any eyepatches like this one?"

Of course, Isis was still under the impression that Kyouji was a pirate. Maybe Kyouji could avoid these misunderstandings if he wore a more normal eyepatch, but he rather liked the one that he usually wore with the cutesy design that he cherished so much. He could always take the eyepatch off, but that would probably be a very bad idea. He didn't think through a lot of things, but he knew enough to realize what kind of reaction that would provoke in other people, plus it would be really dangerous to not be wearing his eyepatch!

"Oh, okay! So we're treasure hunters and we go anywhere to try to find treasure, and then, once we have it, we try to find the original owners who the treasure belonged to and give it back!"
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
DSY

Post by DSY »

School Hallway

Job continues to offer Jackie a hand. To her, it felt as though so much time had passed as she stood there offering her hand.

But she knew in her mind, only a few short minutes had passed. If that.

Job patiently waited for Jackie to stand up, pondering if perhaps Jackie could not stand up and needed physical assistance.

If that is the case, Job will cross that bridge when she comes to it.

-------------------------------

Cave Store

From knives to the exit, rich people sure do move on a whole nother level.

"Hey! Where ya'll goin!?" Lia calls to the group.

However, it was too late. Isis and Kyouji had left, and Violet had gone somewhere else before even they had.

Lia stood alone, twirling her hair with her fingers.

"Dang it. Now what 'm I supposedta do?"

With prices like these in the cave store, the whole mall was probably full of things Lia could never afford in her wildest dreams.

"Ah guess I'll just. Go some-ere else?"

With that, Lia waved goodbye to Kris and left the store. Wanderin the mall by herself didn't really appeal to her much neither, so Lia went outside.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

“Treasure hunters...” Isis muttered, quickly putting together a mental picture of what that entailed. Dodging traps, fighting wild beasts, double-crossing rivals... Just like in that one game, “Unlisted: Doug’s Treasure”. Was he humble-bragging about how cool and awesome his life was?? Isis suddenly became very aware of the countless months she’d spent at home in the mansion. Her greatest adventure was trying to find where she left her 3DS.

“Wait...” Isis’s brain moved, slowly like a snail in a hamster wheel, “Why would you give it back?? How do you make money like that.”
GuardianDreamer

Rainbow Road

Kyouji decided that Isis' question demanded a very good answer. Of course, Kyouji had been asked all of this before. He decided to start his story as well as he could, and hope that this brilliant connection he had with Isis would be strengthened by his story!

"Well, you see, a lot of the original treasure hunters were really bad people who claimed that they 'found' treasure, but really they were just stealing important cultural artifacts from other nations and treating them like prizes! So it's important to be aware of that kind of thing! That's why it's better to be the type of treasure hunter who returns things to their rightful owners, and we manage to make money through the goodwill of people who appreciate the hard work we do! It's much less money overall, but it's so much more rewarding and we're richer in kindness because of it, which is so much more important and exciting than money!"

He was bouncing around while saying this and stretching his arms, like he was celebrating something that had happened. With his eye wide open and his star shining, Kyouji added another comment.

"One day I hope I can help lots of people and grow a lot too!"
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Gays:

Isis's eyes started to go cross-eyed, as they tended to do when Kyouji spoke. She blinked, then glanced at the glass case, the Shields Security logo on the window. Did her family... help people? Sure, probably. They had security systems, after all. They protected a lot of people, probably. Why would she question that? Sure her Dads could be pretty... awkward. But they weren't bad people. Right?

"I see... Cool." Isis seemed to shrink away.

"Eyepatches, eh?" Kagami grinned and quickly ducked into the back, before reemerging with a small case, featuring various patches, from the simple and humble to some that wouldn't look out of place in an anime. He looked over the boy with his keen designer's eye. "Hm, I think any of these would look good on you, my friend. Mm, how about..."

He pulled out one, a golden tiger emblazoned on it. "...The eye of the tiger! Meow! Or..."

He pulled out another, designed to look like a blooming purple flower. "The violet garden. In full bloom... Or perhaps, you'd like..."

With a flourish, the designer produced another, with clockwork gears etched into the design. "The hands of time! I think one of these would best suit you. Take your pick."
GuardianDreamer

Rainbow Road, everyone's favorite Mario Kart track

Kyouji Kamishiro seemed a bit oblivious about what Isis was actually thinking about. This was perhaps one of the rare times when you could say that Kyouji wasn't really at fault for not being able to pick up on it. Before addressing Kagami, Kyouji merely smiled at Isis while nodding enthusiastically. His next words seemed as spontaneous as ever: "Yeah, cool! I'm sure this school has a lot of really cool people too."

And then Kyouji turned to Kagami, his usual enthusiasm now tempered by the seriousness of having to make an important decision. Eyepatches... Eyepatches... He tilted his head, his visible eye nearly shining, as if to further convince those watching him that he was seriously thinking.

One might realize that he was perhaps thinking a bit too much about something so silly, especially with his eventual conclusion.

"I know! I'll just take all three, and wear all of them with the same eyepatch I already have! What do you think?" Kyouji excitedly said, apparently asking both Isis and Kagami for their thoughts. Well, wearing four eyepatches on the same eye was definitely some kind of power move.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

What's Wrong Shadow, Don't You Support Gay Rights?:

Kagami's eyes lit up at the boy's suggestion, and a wide grin broke across his face. "...Yes, I love it! Four eyepatches at once!! The boldness! The avant-garde-ness! Magnifique!"

He handed over the three stylish eye patches to Kyouji. "You've got quite the... 'eye' for fashion, if I do say so myself, my friend." He said with a wink.

Isis folded her arms and frowned. "Well glad you're happy. But I'm still looking for something good that'll be more than..."

She frowned. What did she want, exactly? Not like she really cared what people saw when they looked at her. Except she imagined the faces of her roommate and the haughty princess looking down on her for wearing baggy old rags or a butler's outfit... No. She needed something to make them all turn their heads.

"...I need something that looks killer, but not TOO killer." Isis said, putting her hand on her chin. "Like, something that says, 'I'm gay, but also stronger than you so don't try anything'. Do you have something like that."

Kagami smiled. "That's my whole brand, sister. Let me grab you some options."

A short trip to the backroom later, Kagami presented the moody futch girl with three options: Option 1 was a warm-looking gray sweater with a short-cut leather jacket and tattered jeans. A large, studded belt wrapped around the ensemble, with a skull-shaped belt buckle. Option 2 was a navy blue ensemble consisting of a French military jacket adorned with golden epaulets on each shoulder, and a pink rose pin on the lapel. Finally, Option 3 was a light gray sweater and a black spaghetti strap top, completed with a red flannel dress.

Isis looked between the choices, furrowing her brow as she tried to imagine which one would make all the girls swoon. Sighing, she turned to her companion.

"So, er. If you had to choose, which one do you think I should go with...?" She asked Kyouji reluctantly. "As a fellow gay, I just need an opinion..."
GuardianDreamer

Chill Posts To Study/Chill To In The Rainbow Road

Wow! What Isis wanted was strangely vague but also extremely specific. Good thing that Kagami had been able to decipher exactly what she was talking about, because if Kyouji had been asked to pick out clothes based on that, he would have picked out extremely outdoorsy clothes that probably weren't what Isis was actually looking.

"Oh, thanks!" Kyouji said to Kagami, quickly paying for his own purchases. He then immediately put on the eyepatches in such a way that his usual eyepatch was still the only visible one, and the others were now hidden beneath it over the same eye. Well. At least he looked very happy about it? That was probably what mattered the most.

But now Isis was asking Kyouji to help pick out which outfit suited her best. And somehow, Kyouji felt like telling her to get all three was missing the point. He tilted his head, thinking about this much harder than he needed to.

He then ended up giving an extremely practical answer.

"If you're not sure, then it's best to pick the one that's easiest to move in, especially if we're camping! The first one is the best choice here, I think! Definitely. If it's cold while we're camping, then the jacket and sweater can keep you warm while not being suffocating if it's too hot. Oh, also! The tattered jeans look is really good, because it means if you get into any accidents, any minor damage that the pants take will look like it was always part of the outfit. So that's what I think. What do YOU think, though?"

Kyouji then pointed at Isis, as if this were an episode of Kyouji the Explorer.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here