Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

shadowjoe323
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Classroom

Yuri was unusually undisturbed by the robot crashing into the building, along with the debris crashing into the boy. He must've been a more attentive student than he seemed, to be so focused on preparing for the lesson.

...But in reality, he was pretty nauseous from all the stylish but unplanned desk flipping, and having to stand up or yell something about this mess was much more than he was capable of. He spent most of the duration of class trying his best to not puke or trying his best to not show how little of neuroscience he understood. But hey, camping! That's probably easier than neuroscience!

"A camping trip, huh? In that case..." Yuri then whipped a single glove out of his pocket and put it onto his hand, the one without the School Disk of course. With a quick motion, a small projector protruded from the wrist, and a number pad appeared in front of his fingers. He pressed some of them and then put his pinky to his mouth and his thumb to his ear. These fingers of the glove then had a small microphone and speaker come out of them, respectively. Then he spoke into it.

"It is I! There's been a change of plans, send my equipment to the camp! The clothes can still go to the dorm, though." Yuri fiddled with his School Disk, quite awkwardly since he had to keep his thumb to his ear, as he took the call. "...What do you mean I don't have a dorm!? Quantum students!? That's not even a real word!" He began tapping the fingers of his free hand on the desk impatiently. "How am I supposed to know where the camp is! I'm a detective, not a cartographer! ...Hey, even if I weren't, it still wouldn't make me a cartographer instead! Look if you're such a better detective, why don't you go detectivate where the camp is! ...Oh. Alright, well, good luck then!" Yuri then sighed and withdrew a bit, trying to keep his voice low to avoid drawing attention for once. "...Yeah, I know. Okay, thanks Mom. Yeah, I'm using the RingFinger you got me, thanks again. No, no I gotta go! No, I'm hanging up, sorry, love you, bye!" Another hand motion, and the technology bits returned to their places. Yuri took the glove off and put it back in his pocket.

With a sharp breath and a graceful motion, Yuri got up onto the desk and just. leapt forward. "It has been a pleasure, but I must be off to procure the necessities for camping, as soon as I figure out what they may be!" For better or worse, Yuri safely landed on another desk. After leaping across a few more desks, many of them occupied, Yuri did a front flip and kicked the grate off of the newly replaced ventilation shaft, grabbing the lip of the "entrance." "If ever my presence is needed, be it for business or pleasure, mysteries or memories, simply call my name and the winds shall carry it to my ears, ensuring we unite again! Until then, remember the name! Yuri-" DAMMIT. "...L-. Laaaawww..." Yuri then pulled himself into the ventilation shaft and quickly crawled away. "aaaawwwwwwwwwww...." He tried to make his voice sound like it was fading away due to being too far away, but the banging of the shaft said otherwise.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Classroom – Violet and Karen

It took Violet by surprise when Kyouji has successfully understood her mangled language. Unfortunately, Violet didn't have a chance to ask Kyouji about any other camping supplies she would before he took off. Lia was the first to give chase, yelling over her shoulder to Violet and Opal.

“H-hey, wait up!” Violet squeaked as she sprung into a dash.

Oh, I think I made things awkward, Karen chided herself when Karen D. rambled momentarily. I can't really blame her for the confusion. I would think the same if I were an outside observer. Her face felt hot all of a sudden. Embarrassed, Karen raised the fabric of her scarf to hide her reddened cheeks.

“I-it's fine. Jou're not zee first to make zat mistake,” Karen assured her new friend. In the corner of her periphery, Karen took note of Yuri's questionable exit through the vent before refocusing her attention on Karen D. She shook her head before speaking. “So, um, I've never gone camping before! Should ve shop for supplies togezer, Karen?”

Nurse's Office – Ludwig

Getting an old wound re-opened was bad. Ludwig's whole body being violently shaken right after was worse. Having his assailant screaming in face as she shook him was the worst part of the situation.

“Get! The! Hell! Off!” Ludwig snapped, anger rising with every word as he wrenched himself free of Boo's grasp. He pushed past Boo and stepped out of the bathroom. With new breathing room, Ludwig turned and glowered at her. “What was that for?! Of all the things to do to an injured person, shaking them is not one of those things!”
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Classroom/Hallway

Karen exhaled as Karrie didn’t seem to be too bothered by the innocent misunderstanding. At least Karen was able to find out more about that guy. Most importantly, their friendship was absolutely still intact! Karen decided, however, that it would probably be best to not discuss this again for a little while. She didn’t want to upset her new friend or come off as the kind of person that likes to pry into other people’s business.

Karen loved prying into other people’s business.

She offered an apologetic smile and a nod to Karrie. The idea of going shopping was truly exciting to Karen.

“That sounds great! I’m so excited!”

Karen took two steps into the hallway before stopping.

“Except, well, I, uh, don’t really know where anything actually is here.”
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Classroom/Hallway

Seeing that the rest of her companions had left the room and gone for supplies, she quickly followed them. Getting left behind wouldn't be good.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Classroom - Flo and Jazmine:

Jazmine silently read the contents of the note, her face like a stone. She felt something welling up in her throat reading it, but didn't dare relinquish it. When she was finished, she neatly folded the note into quarters and put it inside one of the breast pockets of her jacket. She then let out a guffaw without opening her mouth, making a sort of unflattering GHKGHKGHKGHKKKKKKK sound. Whatever was in the note, she must have found it at least a little humorous. Given how stoic Jazmine usually was, maybe she found it hilarious.

If she heard about the camping trip, she certainly didn't have much to say about the matter. Perhaps she was more focused on the dual Karen action going on nearby. She picked up the recent exchange between the two... Was the redheaded Karen trying to make a move? On Ludwig? Well, wasn't he popular? She rose from her seat, and started slowly drifting toward the dual Karens. It seemed like her only intent was to listen, even though the topic had already shifted. She was making no effort to hide herself either. It was almost like she wanted them to notice her approach.

Flo, on the other hand, seemed ecstatic about the camping trip. "Oooooooohhhh! It's been so long since I've done something like this! Oh, I hope there'll be a fire! And maybe there'll be a deer running around! Awww, that'd be so cool! Aaaah, I'm getting so excited just thinking about it all!" She turned back to Thomas. "What about you? You excited, too?"

Parking Lot - Gwendalyn:

Gwendalyn looked at Tammy's hands, then quizzically returned to her own. This repeated a couple of times. "...Really? That doesn't seem right. That doesn't look like..." She looked back at Tammy's two pet birds and a look of eureka hit her. "OH! Oh, I get it! You're trying to insult, belittle, or offend me! Maybe even a combination of all three, naughty, naughty! I'm so good at this!" Her beam wasn't affected by Tammy's "stealthy" attempt to get under her skin in the least. Who got offended by a couple of fingers anyways?

"...Okay, but why, though? Is it just, like, your aesthetic or something, or... Wait, this isn't about the whole clown thing, is it? Alright, listen, I know it probably wasn't the best idea in the world, and I feel really bad about it." That wasn't technically a lie. Every time she saw Jackie over the course of last night, the awful, clawing feeling in her stomach got stronger and stronger. She still didn't know what that feeling was, and it was starting to really irritate her. "But at this point, the moment's passed! She was super pumped when she met me after the show, so I can't imagine how hyper she must've been backstage! Seems to me she's forgotten the whole thing, right? So why don't we let bygones be bygones and just kinda sweep that little thing under the rug, 'kay? Sound good~?"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside - Jackie

Jackie kept running away from Isis, with no plan in store nor reason for doing this. Running away from her problems just sounded like the best course of action right now.

"EEP-!"

Of course, that doesn't matter when your problems literally block your path.

Jackie let out a weak yelp and collapsed to the floor upon impact with Elibazeth. She nearly swore out the obstacle in her way, but looking up to see who it was, Jackie felt herself clam up. And oh god, Isis was catching up with every second she was on the floor. She had nowhere to go now. Everything was awful.

"I-I-I-I-I....u-uhhh..."

In a brilliant moment of desperation, Jackie brought in her knees and hugged them to her body. She then fell over to her side and assumed the fetal position.

"J-Jackie's not here right now," she mumbled into her knees. "P-Please leave a message after the beep. B-Beeeeep."

WHAT THE GODDAMN HELL ON EARTH AM I DOIIIIING?!?!?! she screamed at herself in her mind. WHAT GODDAMN' EFFIN' NEW LOW AM I HITTING NOOOOOW?!?!

She just. Stayed there like that.

----

Classroom - Robert

When Paolo approached Robert, his greetings seemed to go unhear. Robert was too busy glaring at Job, his nose up high, and his eye mildly twitching.

"What...are you...insinuating...?"

His lip quivered, and his brows furrowed.

"You..."

And suddenly...he laughed.

"Hm hmm...Ahohoho! I see!" He nodded to himself. "Ah yes, how amusing indeed. Yes, I believe I have seen this kind of phenomenon before. A severe misinterpretation of events...oh, of course, I don't expect those less affluent than myself to truly understand the lifestyle of a family as prestigious as the Pemberly estate." He shrugged and shook his head. "You must feel very silly, and I cannot blame you. Of course, if that is your usual wardrobe, perhaps you are immune. Regardless, perish the thought - my relationship with my sister, while none of your concern, could not be more positive. Why, I dare say that we are the truest of companions in this world."

She put his hand to the chest, strangely proud of himself.

"That is why I do what I must to ensure she does not fall to her flights of whimsy! She has forgotten in recent years what her role in society entails, yet I am the one who believes that she can pick herself back out of her stew of hooligancraft. My words are strict, but it is all for her own sake, you see. I could not dare to imagine what humiliation she might face should she embarrass herself at such an establishment that might encourage her to do so. Oh, Ms. Panda-Hat, your miscommunication amuses me greatly...to think you might comprehend the complexity of peership within the top elite of this society. I do appreciate the humor, so I thank you for that."

He, totally ignored Paolo.

----

Parking Lot - Rocket Surgeons

Tammy leaned against the windowsill with a smug grin on her face. "B#$%^, you know exactly why I can't stand your face," she said.

She pointed down at Gwen.

"You're a s#$%head, aren't you?" she spat. "You're a lowlife, asshole, faker b@#$% that thinks you can flick your hair, give a wink, and blow a kiss and stupid bastards will just fall at your feet. I've met your type like, fifty times before on the road. You're aaaaall the same, and you always think you're SO clever. It'd be adorable if it weren't so voooomit-inducing. It's like, you think you've got this thing going on, but you're just some...some uh...YO, SID!"

Sid the Kid popped out of the window next to Tammy.

"Some Hannah Montana wannabe sociopathic bee-otch."

He went back inside.

"So," Tammy continued, "lemme give you a word from the wise." Her smug look vanished, replaced by a tense, pissed off scowl. "Don't you get your goddamn mitts all over MY band, you highlighter freakshow. I could give half a crap about that bird brat, but if you try to make a clown out of the Rocket Surgeons, I will crash the goddamn sky on you without hesitation. So go die. Got it, Little Miss Sunshine?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Classroom - Job

"I see." Job says.

Was she wrong? Was this truly a misunderstanding? Was Robert insulting her by calling her Ms. Pandahat mere moments after discovering her name?

All these thoughts and more did not so much as cross Job's mind. She did not so much as flinch at Robert's denial of fault.

Rather, she simply tilted her head, at him. As if he was somehow sideways, and looking at him at a crooked angle would some how spur an epiphany.

"I think there's a misunderstanding here." Job blankly states. "I'm suggesting that your relationship is not normal and is in need of repair."

Job shakes her head, and straightens her posture.

She bows to Robert, saying that "Regardless, that was all I needed to speak with you on. I thank you for your time and ask that you please consider this matter more." and turns to Paolo.

Her conversation with Robert concluded, at least in her mind, she resumes attention to the world.

Upon looking at Paolo, Job looks him up and down, realizing she almost did not recognize him.

"Oh, Mr. Paolo." Job says bowing to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you. Good morning."
Last edited by DSY on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

One of the Many Shelvington Stores That Exist, Apparently

The Shelvington Mega Mall was more like an interconnected series of malls. It seemed rather extravagant, pointlessly so, but at least the students and staff weren't starved for options. Kyouji Kamishiro could have picked literally any store to go to. A different type of person might have been paralyzed by indecision, or perhaps they would have been stuck going over every option to better find out what store perfectly suited them, which was liable to cost several days of time. Weirdly enough, Kyouji's experience getting lost in caves came in handy here. It was best not to get lost in indecision! That just made things worse! So Kyouji just pointed towards the first store he saw that sold any camping supplies.

The end result of Kyouji's quick choices? Better than if he had decided to give it any significant thought. It was a store that went a bit too far: They sold excellent camping supplies, but for some reason whoever ran the place had decided to go the extra mile by making it look like a literal cave. The pristine condition of the camping supplies was in sharp contrast to how unclean the walls seemed...

"Don't worry about that. The chief pays us to make this place seem dirtier than it actually is. The walls are actually really clean. Oh, uh, right. Are you all looking for anything in particular?" An employee asked them. The only thing giving away that she was an employee was her name tag, which simply read KRIS. She had on a fancy-looking black beret. A beret that she wore alongside a tuxedo. Her short hair was usually in bangs that would have covered her eyes, but was currently parted to better suit the beret. Speaking of her eyes, they were also silver. She seemed like she was only slightly older than Violet, Kyouji, Lia, and Opal were. Kyouji felt a strange connection to her that he couldn't quite place.

Kyouji excitedly turned towards Violet, delegating the question to her since she was the one who asked for supplies first.

Oh wait. One more thing.

"Um, I'm really excited to go on this camping trip with all of you! I hope we have a lot of fun and become even better friends!" Kyouji said to the others, apparently deciding to be as blunt as possible. Kris looked at him with a raised eyebrow, and then something clicked for her.

"Hm? Camping trip? Oh, so this was actually a school-sponsored event? And here I was, thinking that a bunch of students were planning on sending their families camping supplies as gifts for some reason. I guess you must all be explorers who've camped a lot, then." Kris surmised, looking at the group with a newfound respect.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Classroom:

Isis finally had her roommate; finally, she could say she was sorry, that she definitely wasn't doing anything with the Princess girl, and then she'd be happy again and Isis could stop feeling this painful knot in her stomach! Everything was gonna work out.

Except that the girl Jackie had run into was the Princess herself. Except that Jackie had responded by curling up into a ball, and trying to shut it out.

Isis froze, unable to look away from the girl curled up on the floor. Instantly, the knot in her stomach clenched like a noose around her soul.

Damnit!! Sh*t! I was only trying to help and now look what's happened!!! I didn't think she'd be this messed up about it! I'm so dumb! I'm so useless! I'm...!!!

Isis's hands dropped to her sides and her head lowered. She started towards Jackie; then passed her and Lib.

"...I get it. I messed it up, didn't I. I still don't get it, but..." Isis said, not looking at her roommate. "I'm... I won't show my face around you again. Sorry."

She paused briefly and stared at Lib, looking like she was about to say something-- But turned away and left the classroom, running down the halls.

--

She didn't really know where to go now-- The closest place she had to a home here was her dorm, but being there would only remind her of her roommate. She couldn't go back.

She clenched her fists. Stupid! Whatever it was, it was your fault. You blew it with her, just like with sis, and your brothers, and everyone else!!

Isis gritted her teeth and punched the nearest wall-- Which just so happened to have a map, directing to, amongst other things, the local shops on the island.

Isis glanced back at her garb, the butler tux she'd been wearing for a day straight now.

Maybe some fresh clothes would distract her. Wiping the wetness from her eyes, Isis forced her tear ducts shut, and headed towards the mall.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Classroom - Karrie(?)

"Now zat jou mention it, I'm not sure eizer," Karen muttered, shocked by the realization Karen D. had brought to the forefront of Karen's mind. She was about to step into the hallway when she felt the sensation of eyes on her. Turning her body, Karen took notice of Jazmine not too far away. "Jazmine?" Karen glanced from side to side, unsure of her next words. "Did jou...vant to join me and Karen?"
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Classroom - Jazmine:

"Oh, don't mind me," Jazmine started. "I was just listening's all. As... thrilling... as your little shopping trip sounds..." Jazmine could be seen rolling her eyes. "...I'm afraid I have to decline. I have a prior engagement, you see. In fact, if it's quite alright with the both of you..." She started staring down Karen D. while she spoke. "...I think I'd like the redhead to join me. I'm told there's free food and while I'm not super-eager to call people my friends out of the gate, this could be a nice potential bonding opportunity. What do you say?"

Parking Lot - Gwendalyn:

"...O...kay?" Gwendalyn recoiled a bit as if Tammy's words physically gave her a small knock on the forehead. She gave them the most confused look she could manage while still feeling realistic. "I mean... if that's what you really think, I probably shouldn't expend the extra effort trying to change your mind... but I probably will anyways." Tammy then said something quite interesting, or at least, interesting to her.

"Y'know, you keep saying that. That you don't really care for Jackie all that much. I don't know if it's just a part of your image or something, but now might be a good time to... y'know... start? Last night something happened - and I'm not the one to get mad at for this, believe it or not - and she's been acting funny ever since. Don't rush in immediately, because she looked super stressed and dejected when I said hi to her this morning, but if you don't do something about this, you're probably going to lose a singer and, I may venture to guess, your primary source of funding?"
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Classroom/Hallway

Karen twirled her hair around with a finger, hoping to kill some time while she thought about this other girl. This was so exciting, another new friend. And this time, Karen wasn’t even the one awkwardly declaring someone to be a friend after one interaction! This Jazmine girl was great! Karen flashed a smile and looked at Jazmine, then at Karen.

“Well, I am pretty hungry. The only thing is, I told Karen I would go and get camping stuff with her. As long as I’ll still have time to do that later, I’d love to come with you.”

Karen extended her hand to Jazmine.

“I’m Karen Dzielny. Not to be confused with my bestie, Karen.”

Karen giggled. This was so exciting.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Shelvington MegaMall:

The second Isis entered the mall, she was blasted all at once by the freezing cold AC, by the murmuring of countless shopping students, by the pop music echoing all around, by the countless brand names and logos glowing bright and fighting for attention. Even for Isis, who'd lived in luxury all her life, it was a lot to take in.

She had no idea where to go, so she just started to walk, wandering aimlessly, trying not to think about her stupid actions. The knot inside her kept tightening and deepening.

Normally, she'd block it out with music to cope. But she didn't have her player, and she'd given it to her roommate anyways. She should get a new one... but which stores sold what again? There were so many, everything was so big and far... So many lights, so many sounds, so many goddamn PEOPLE!!

She just wanted a nice, dark cave to crawl into and never come out of--

And then she saw it. A big cave-shaped entrance amidst the sea of neon lights and flashing advertisements.

good enough for me, Isis decided, and she walked into the Cave Shop.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Outside the Classroom

Seeing Jackie curl up into a ball and practically lose her mind left Elibazeth with a sinking feeling in her stomach. Was this really what Jackie had become? She wished she could know what was going on in her mind right now. She wanted to understand what the girl was going through. When Elibazeth saw Isis at a loss for words, she honestly couldn't help but feel the same. In the brief moment she met eyes with her, she wanted to say something, anything, but before any words could come out, Isis had stormed off, leaving the Princess with a broken girl on the floor pretending to be voice mail. Her gaze shifted between the two, desperately wanting to talk to both of them yet only able to choose one. Her hands tightened into a fist.

Why why why must the world toy with my emotions today? Elibazeth cried in her head. She looked to her butler, who had no advice to share unfortunately, but maybe he could still help her.

"Um... Paige...?" She says, calling for Xander's attention. The butler, ever attentive, stood ready. She couldn't meet his gaze, instead looking off to the side and holding her arm in a shy manner. "Do you think you could... follow her and make sure she's okay? I know I'm asking a lot but..."

Xander moves into her field a vision and nods in front of her. Before he leaves, he looks at her straight in the eye. His hands go up to cheeks, where he points to smiley-face sticker placed on it and then uses his fingers to push the ends of his mouth into a smile. This gesture only lasts for a brief two seconds before he lets his face return to its normal, expressionless state.

Elibazeth chuckled at the effort made, and managed to return the smile with a small giggle. "Hmhmhm, oh Xander... silly boy. Alright, I'll stop frowning. It doesn't suit me, now does it? You go off now... and take care."

Without another word (not that he spoke much anyway), Xander ran off to follow Isis, leaving the Princess with the girl on the floor. Though he did not see, Elibazeth was waving goodbye.

Once he was gone, Elibazeth returned her attention to Jackie. She looked like she needed someone right now, and while Elibazeth wasn't sure if she was the right person to help her given the current state of affairs, she still had to try. After all, they were friends... right? She couldn't just leave her like this. Jackie was probably screaming at herself right now.

The Princess crouched down and brought her hands to her ear as if she were holding a phone. She makes ringing noises before she speaks.

"Briiiiiiing. Um... helloooo? Jackie, are you there? It's me, Lib. I um... just wanted to let you know I'm worried about you... Wish we could talk."

The Shelvington MegaMall

The butler thought he'd never be back here after the incident just yesterday, yet here he was, discreetly following a girl in a butler suit from a distance. He had made sure to stay clear of the Supermarket, especially since his name tag could alert the owners, and customers, to his servitude.

From the second floor balcony, he watches Isis among the sea of people and notices her pass through a cave-shaped shop entrance. Disregarding the onlookers, he climbs up the railing and somersaults off the second floor, landing on his feet in front of a surprised crowd taking videos of his little stunt. Paying no mind to them, he quietly follows Isis in the cave shop.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

The Shelvington Mega Mall

Opal grinned at Kyouji's comment.

"I can't wait to be better friends with you guys too~"

"Oooh yes, we're going camping! Kyouji here's a master explorer, so I figured he'd know what to get! But, since you run this store, you should probably know a lot too, right? What do you think would be important to bring? I definitely want to try out some new recipes, so if you have any food recommendations too, that would be great!"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."