[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by enigma »

Pleasanton Market

After a pleasant chat with Greg, and giving him some pie, Mildred left him to his own devices.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

The Winking Owl Bar and Inn

"Excusings, please!" Barry piped up again. "I am not to be the calling of police cops, that I already know. But is there telephonings here for to be calling my wife, to letting her knowledge I am arrive safely?" he asked.

"I was the promisings her that I would be the phones once I am arrive. I do not want to be the breaking the promisings to my wife." he said, still cheery, but with a vaguely threatening air in that last sentence.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

That "refined" woman was irradiating hate toward them. And those eyes... There was something unsettling in her gaze. But Waldemar didn't looked away ; he was not the type of person to retreat that easily from the "danger".

"Well. If you really think there is not matter to be worried, you should not be so unsettled by informing the autorithies. At worse, it's a prank, and the outsiders will take the blame, won't they ?"

He finished that phrase with a reproaching tone, even if it would not disturb his interlocutor. Then he turned to Barry.

"I won't force you to call the police, but as you're the one who saw everything, you should testify yourself. I think "the man who saw the man who saw the wolf" will not be taken really seriously. At the greatest pleasure of this disrespectful lady. Anyway, do what you need to. I"ll go back to my seat, for myself."

Waldemar still intended to talk with the FBI agent as soon as possible, so he needed to wait in the inn's main room. Even under the woman's cold watch, if she wanted to keep an eye on him.

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Bénédicte stepped out of his car and took a quick glance over his attire to make sure it didn't form any particularly unsightly wrinkles on the drive over. It was rare for him to be out at the bar and/or inn any time before 6 on the weekends, but from the times he has been here, he knew the layout fairly well. Bénédicte opens the front door and looks over to the side because that's where the bar itself is and-

Huh, Greg's not here.

Well, Bénédicte's got some patience, so he might as well stand over to the side, by that wall over there, as he waits for Greg to get back. And he might as well ignore the thing going on, while it isn't a full-out brawl.

...And he might as well look at his phone for a bit...
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Groceries firm in hand, Greg was walking back to his inn. With Mildred's pie in the other hand, it was quite a bit to carry. Though Greg thinks Mildred always made good pies, so it was worth the extra weight to carry back. Maybe he'd share some with Grace. Though he had a feeling other people were in his inn by now. He could just feel it.

Greg quickened his pace.

Arriving at the front door of the inn and rather than opening it immediately, he tries to listen to see if there was a conversation going on.

Oh, sounds like Jenny was in there. Greg turned the knob and pushed the door open.

"You'll never find the Scotch Eggs, Jenny." he says as he enters the inn and takes a look around. Looks like Benedicte was here already. That means Greg will need to prepare to pay his rent... or maybe he can get Benedicte drunk enough to forget again. Well, he'll see how this all goes. Grace was still here... along with the two other outsiders.

"Good day, Tasse. Come to the inn to drink away the stress?" Greg asks, taking his place behind the bar and putting the groceries behind the counter. "Has the great evil that is banking added to your white hairs? I got something just for that."

Greg puts a pie on the counter.

"From sweet ol' Mildred. Met her in the market earlier. Grace, Jenny, feel free to have some if you'd like." he offers, then realizing that he'd forgotten about the other two guests in the inn.

"Or... if you'd like, we could have our guests over here sample it."

His tone became more serious as he said that, though the offer sounds genuine enough. His gaze seems to go to Jenny and Grace for a moment, and partially to Benedicte.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : here i app :
Name: Ignacio Abano [Priest With A Quaking Hand]
Career: Pastor
Doodly Draw:Image
Bio: At the age of 34, Ignacio Abano has given the last 10 years of his life to the church, doing charity work and going on missions around the world. His latest trip has taken him to England-- But unfortunately, his trip has taken a small detour into the town of Pleasanton, where he surely will be staying for just a little while. A man of few words and many smiles, Ignacio's only mission is to reach his next destination and serve the needy however he can. He loves meeting new people and telling stories, his favorite being that of his withered left hand, which he claims trembles when evil is near. A lover of good times and with a dire need to serve his fellow man, Ignacio figures that while he's waiting here in the foggy little town, he might as well do some of God's work-- Perhaps the Lord brought him here for a reason, after all.
Personality: Jovial and outgoing, yet gentle and calm, Ignacio Abano is a warm, friendly person who lives to serve others. He's a man of great faith and optimism, and has a great reverence and respect for nature. Those who know him say he is two men at once: One warm and comforting, able to hush a crying babe, the other jolly and bold, unable to resist a good drink and a high-stakes gamble. Some say that Ignacio was a very different man before he joined the church, and that he's a man who has much to hide. This is nothing more than a rumor, of course. A mere dying ember, soon to be gone forever.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : Sleuth :
Welcome to the club! Accepted!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Outside The Winking Owl Bar and Inn:

All men have their crosses to bear. For some, it is their past. For others, it is their future. Be it debt, guilt, fear, doubt, temptation... Every soul on earth had a burden to bear.

For Ignacio Abano, this burden was a broken-down automobile with a busted engine. The beat-up rental looked like it hadn't seen a car wash since the 60s, and wasn't exactly a top of the line model. Nonetheless, it was all he had, and the Pastor nonetheless rolled it valiantly through the foggy roads, all the way into the limits of a sleepy town called "Pleasanton". According to his map, this was still a good deal away from his intended target, but it would have to do for now. God willing, Ignacio would be lying in a soft bed with a good meal very soon. Shoving his back into the large, steel burden, the portly pastor finally saw the light of a building up ahead-- A bar, and also conveniently enough, an inn.

I came here to help the needy and now here I go, asking for help myself. Ignacio thought. There must be a mechanic around here somewhere. Unless You wouldn't mind fixing it now, Lord?

He half-jokingly glanced at the engine, as nothing happened. Well, no harm in asking. Would it be too much to ask that this tavern please carry some good beer?

The Pastor approached the Bar door, pausing a moment to place his left hand into his pocket. He personally didn't mind people noticing it, but when making first impressions it tended to be a bit off-putting. He preferred letting his good looks sink in before his shakey old bones. Stepping into the tavern, he quickly glanced around, sizing up the place.

It looked like there were a good deal of people there already. The first one that caught his eye was the blonde fellow clad in the Stars in Stripes; because how could one not notice a fellow like that? A tall fellow, too, and were his eyes different colors, too? Now there was a fellow with enthusiasm to spare. Anyone keen enough to walk outside wearing a flag must be pretty fun at parties. The next one he noticed was the older fellow with the groceries-- Was he the owner? Seemed a fair bet.

Rather than continue weirdly examining everyone else in the bar, Ignacio merely rapped his good hand on the doorframe, clearing his throat in a polite but stern manner.

"Hello, pardon me!" He said, in a tone far too cheery for a man who'd just pushed a broken car nearly half a mile, "My car broke down a ways back, and I'm looking for a mechanic. Could any of you folks, ah, point me towards one?"
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spoiler : The forbidden ritual is upon us :
Name: Zoie Kaji
Career: None, Outsider
Bio: 13 years old. Ran away from her home and parents due to personal drama she can't get over and would rather not get into, if it's all the same to you. Ended up living off of the land until she came across Pleasanton, and even then, didn't have a penny/quid/pound to her name. Due to her being, well, 13, she's pretty much left to beg. This is gonna go real smoothly for her.
Appearance: Got's awesome rendition:
Personality: Zoie has a tendency to be crude and terse. She has a short temper, and was never really good at patience. It's pretty easy to imagine how good she is at friendship, and people in general. Despite this, however, she can become excitable like any other kid, where she opens up a little more. These instances aren't as common as they might seem, though...
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Upon the door opening to reveal Greg just minutes after he made his own arrival, Bénédicte calmly put away his phone and made his way to the bar, still leaving the seats untouched.

"Hello, Owlford. My apologies, but nothing of real note has been going on at the bank, so I'm not feeling overworked. If I were, I wouldn't have taken any sort of prolonged break anyways. And I do make it a rule to not drink during business hours. Not exactly professional, that is." He smiled.

"I do have a reason for coming here, however," he continued, smile unfading, "if and when you have the time. It's about your finances."

Bénédicte planted his hands on the bar to give to Greg a sense of pressure, even if his diction betrayed that.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
DLA

Post by DLA »

Barry turned to greet the owner of the inn once more. "Welcome back, Mr. Owl! I am trustings you are having the good day, no?" he smiled. "Would you be liking to hearing the funny stories? I was going out to seeing the sights, and little tour guide boy is telling me of something crazy he knows to find. He is taking me there, and there is cave. Many blood and skeletons, much scarings. I am running back here like that little blue mouse that the kids are knowing of."

Instead of quaking with genuine fear as he had earlier, Barry is completely calm and smiling as he tells the story this time. "Anyways, what I am leading to with this funny stories is, I am the promising my wife I am calling her to let her be knowledge of safe arrival. Are you having a telephones anywhere around here? Cellular telephonings apparatus is lacking the electricities at the moment being."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Upon entering Gregory was bombarded with a number of questions, almost overwhelming. First was ANOTHER outsider who came in asking for directions to a mechanic. Now there was only one mechanic in town, and while he was the best mechanic this town had (by default), dealing with him was a whole other thing. Well, if directions to him got this outsider out of his inn quicker, he'd gladly oblige.

"Now first to the gentleman by the door, look for Paul R. Truman, he's the only mechanic in town. You should see some faded sign of sorts with his name on it. Can't miss it." he tells the man, who he reasoned looked like a pastor.

Next was the tourist who would not stop rambling on about his encounter that day, at least, according to the annoyed looks of Grace and Jenny. At least he tolerated these outsiders more than them. Not that they couldn't be annoying as this tourist proved to be. He did have a phone here. It'd be rude not to let him use it, especially if he was telling the truth.

"If it'd put everyone at ease, you can find a telephone down the hallway by the stairs." he says, point to the general direction of the phone.

And now there was Tasse. Benedict Tasse, banker of this town. If there was any betrayal of the pressure being put on him, it'd be the lone drop of sweat coming from the side of his forehead. Though Greg's expression remained the same, if not more polite than usual.

"Ah, well, I suppose I have been behind on my payments..." he confesses, crossing his arms and sighing. "Now why don't you have some of Mildred's pie while you... assess my debt?"

He slides the pie over to Tasse, offering it to him.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Barry nodded. "Ah, I am comprendings. Much appreciates, Mr. Owl. It is a fine establishment you are proprietrating here. Not many peoples are giving so much care in the city, so I am liking to get away every now and again. Now, if you all shall be excusing of me, I must be the telephoning my wife." he said, strolling down the hallway to the phone. If one is paying attention, they can faintly hear him talking into the phone and see him leaning against the wall. After about a minute or two on the phone, Barry returns to the bar.

"Well then, that was quite the adventure I was having this fine morning!" he says, cheerful as ever. "Nothing to worry about, however. I am sure that child is reporting apparent crimes to the proper authorities and all will be well. I am liking a bit of excitement to start vacations. Whether it is rollercoaster park or museum, excitement is making for much interesting." he turned to Ignacio, who he hadn't greeted yet. "Good morning to you, mister! I am Normal. Barry Normal. I work in the sales." he said, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a business card that simply read "Barry Normal. Sales", and handed it to him, extending his other hand for a handshake. "May I be asking, what is your name, and what is it that is bringing you out here?"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Winking Owl Inn:

The portly pastor let out a hearty laugh as he took the patriot's hand with his good hand. "Barry Normal! That's a good one!"

He then looked down at the man's business card and realized that he was not joking. Well. Looking at him closer, the man was an amalgam of the stars and stripes-- and yet he seemed to talk with a slight French accent? Not exactly the kind of person you expected to meet in jolly old England.

"The name is Ignacio," The pastor said, "I'm doing some volunteer work at a town a few miles away from here, but my car had other plans! I had to, ah, push it a good few miles just to get here."

He grinned at the odd yet normal fellow. "I know this might be a bit rude to ask right off the bat, but, would you mind helping me get my car down to the mechanic? If I stop moving for too long I might just keel over unconscious. Ha ha!"

Ignacio slapped his knee in jest, before wincing in pain. "Aaaah but yeah I might have given myself a hernia."
DLA

Post by DLA »

Barry shook the man's hand vigorously, but looked very confused at the man's comment. "Good one? I am not making any jests or jokes. Introducingtons are one of the most important things. You must be making a good impression or else people will be thinking you unreliable. No, Barry Normal is indeed my name as my parents gave it to me." he said, concluding his little speech and returning to his friendly self. "I hold no issue against jests and jokes, they are much fun, but a proper introducington is important, I think." he grinned.

"Now then, as to the issue of the automobile... Certainly! I am not one to be refusing assistance to those who are in need of it! Just be leading the way, and I shall be glad to provide my help!" he said, pointing up in the air at nothing in particular. Whatever was going on in his mind was a complete mystery.