RP: AAO's RP Diner

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

ShadowEdgeworth
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: AAO's RP Diner

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Giving up? Hell no, I'm only getting started!
Unlike you with your Uroboros, turning your brain retarded!
I'm sorry man, your mind is broken!
Give up now! You fail at being out-spoken!

That guy named Chris, he seems like a laugh.
But you? You could out-bore a certain Darth.
Let's see your movies, I hear there's a 6th one?
Unlike mine, they seem to lack the fun! (But with guns!)

Even in the games, you're not important any more!
Heck, your kids are getting in on the score!
Now, let's finish this Wesker, you're messing with the Amazing.
The Spectacular one, who'll end your stupid excuse for the uninteresting.

Spoiler : :
I'm tired, suffering from exam result-wait-stress, so not on good rap form today. Sorry for the shoddiness, but didn't want to keep you waiting all the same. ^_^' It's already been too long. ^^'

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Nyhmthetim

Post by Nyhmthetim »

Bored with Dahlia. I'll bring in NYHM! (from TotE)
Nyhm barged through the doors, flinging both doors to their sides and put his hands on his hips before stuffing himself with cake for the 893rd time.

"I say, *munch* *munch*, hold on." Nyhm said and then finished chewing.

"Sorry, anyways. I SAY! WHERE IS THE MANAGER?! I'VE COME FOR HIRE!"

I'm going to make like, THE best cakes in town! Super-baker employment, here I come!
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Trying to get back into the writing spirit, so I might as well post here. This is sort of an epilogue to another RP that I'm currently in elsewhere, at least as far as these characters are concerned.
Suddenly, a portal materialized from one of the walls of the diner, the other side showing what appeared to be a place between space and time. Suddenly, Kurt Miera, Yasui Yuko, and Alexis Miera fell out of the portal, and hit the ground each with a loud thud. A faint scream of anger could be heard coming from the portal as it closed behind the trio. The three let out a grown as they each began to recover from being thrown on the ground. They were all covered with various minor bruises and cuts. The clothes that Kurt and Yasui were wearing looked as if though they had been burned in some areas. There was even a hole in Yasui's shirt that looked to have fit the size of a bullet. Kurt was the first to get up from the ground, extending his hand to his sister. Alexis took his hand and got up.

"You alright, sis?" Kurt asked, concerned. Alexis responded with a nod of her head. Yasui grabbed the hat that was laying beside him and dusted it off, putting it back on his head as he sat up.

"I'm alright too, thanks for asking." Yasui said. Kurt merely responded with a annoyed sigh, and turned to face away from Yasui, crossing his arms. Alexis ran over to Yasui and extended her hand to help him up. Yasui took it, thanking her as he stood up. He turned to look at the wall that they had came out of.

"Well, we seem to be home, and alive, and I don't think any of them came through after us. I would say that we made a perfect escape." Yasui said. Kurt nodded in response, and a small smile rose to Alexis's face. After a few moments of thought, however, Yasui's face darkened.

"But...That blond guy with the glasses, and the priest...Those two are still back there..." Yasui said, trailing with worry in his voice. Kurt turned around to face him with a puzzled expression.

"'That blond guy with the glasses?' As in, the same one that nearly took your head off? You really are an idiot, you know that?" Kurt said harshly.

"Hey, he helped us get away in the end." Yasui countered.

"Well, I guess he did more to get out of that place then YOU did." Kurt said, turning around again and crossing his arms again. Yasui was annoyed and considered retorting back, but thought better of it and simply turned around in a huff. Alexis looked between the two boys before turning to Kurt.

"Kurt...He DID help us back there. Even you have to admit that." Alexis said to her older brother, but Kurt merely shrugged.

"Whatever. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that magic is nothing but trouble. I've had enough dimension traveling to last one lifetime, thank you." Kurt declared.

"Oh, sure Kurt. The next time some power-hungry wacko with the power to send people across dimensions decides to kidnap us, we'll just be polite and said no. Why didn't we just do that before?" Yasui responded sarcastically.

"Hmph. I'm going home, I don't need to deal with this. We're home now and out of there, that's all I care about. Come on, sis." Kurt said, walking away towards the exit of the Diner. Yasui and Alexis watched him, before shaking their heads and sighing. Alexis began to walk in the direction that Kurt was going, before stopping and turning around to face Yasui.

"Really...Thank you for all your help. We wouldn't have made it out without you." Alexis said, bowing politely.

"No...He's right. I had to have you guys save me more then a few times." Yasui said sheepishly, looking down at the ground and scratching the back of his neck, a little ashamed of himself. Alexis shook her head.

"That's not true..." Alexis trailed off, taking a glance at the exit of the Diner to see that Kurt had already walked out. She turned back to face him. "I need to go...Thank you again, take care."

"You too." Yasui said, nodding. He watched as Alexis turned and began running to catch up to her older brother, then sighed to himself. After a week of being trapped in another dimension, being hunted after and being on the move with the Miera siblings, it felt almost unreal to be home again. He wondered if anyone noticed he had gone, or if they did, if they had been worried about him. He guessed that he would have to give an explanation sooner or later...But that time was not now. He felt fatigue and drowsiness begin to wash over him, the adrenalin of the events before wearing off. Right now, all he wanted to do was find a place to sleep. As he sat down in a nearby chair, resting a moment before he took off for home, he took a look around the Diner, with one thought on his mind.

"It sure is good to be home."
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
MrAwesome

Post by MrAwesome »

Then a out-of-place character walks in, then sits down.
"What would you like?"
"I'd like some milk if you got it"
"I'll have to check, last week we had a milk drinking contest"
"Alright, I'll be sitting here"
Then the stranger looks to his right and sees Yami Yugi
"Interesting, the King of Games is here, maybe I'll challenge him to Duel Monsters later..."
Mr. Awesome Ace Attorney
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Diner sat, old and empty after so long. Slowly, one by one, the inhabitants of the Diner had slowly filtered out, vanishing one by one to parts unknown. The Diner grew old, filled with dust and cobwebs. The monitors that usually showed the latest posts had long since broken down and fizzled out, and rows of empty booths and tables were coated in thick dust and empty plates and glasses.

Then, slowly, a light opened, creaking in through the door. It started small, then began to grow larger and wider-- And soon, two shadows emerged from the light, stepping through it and into the long-since abandoned Diner. One was a tall young man, his dark hair and red eyes shimmering in the light, and the other was a young boy, clad in raggedy street clothes and glittering black eyes. They entered wordlessly, and approached the counter. Two drinks were already waiting.

The RP Diner is open for business. Come stay a bit, won't you?
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

A little girl sneezed. The dust was a bit thick, though the place seemed sanitary enough. She had a perky smile and walked along with a skip in her step. But her eyes revealed the truth. Sad, empty, cold eyes. She sat down wordlessly at the counter and gave a big grin as she ordered a juice. The person behind the counter complied. Again she gave an overly sweet and cutesy comment, a little thank you and then she began to drink it. But, the second his back was turned her face turned dark and she began to slump, slightly. A shadow falling over her, more or less.
Twilight Wright

Post by Twilight Wright »

(Question. Does a character have to be explicitly used in an RP to visit this diner, or can they be introduced here?)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Twilight Wright wrote:(Question. Does a character have to be explicitly used in an RP to visit this diner, or can they be introduced here?)
It's typically for pre-established characters. You can if you want, but it's not likely you'll get much interaction.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Spoiler : OOC :
for optimal mood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
also this old Ayla art my brother did for reference
The door chimed and the world stirred back to life.

Ayla Young was the kind of woman who much preferred puzzles to people. Puzzles felt good. You could actually solve puzzles. Humans, she found, lacked a tangible end-point and the rules of engagement were painfully unclear. Sure, folks could be kind, pleasant, charming even - but ultimately unknowable. So why bother?

There was no better place for the girl who wanted to be alone than AAO's RP Diner.
Talk about a dead spot.

Once the roaring heart of town, home to fist fights, rap battles and miscreants from every corner of the multiverse, these days the diner was but a meek handful of tables, chairs, and mediocre scones. Locals theorised it was the constant property damage and difficult-to-remember name that sunk the place. But Ayla knew better. For better or worse, the world had moved on. These four walls were just a memory now. A place to think, not to live.

Taking care not to catch the tail of her trench coat in the doorway, she quietly stepped inside.
But to her great surprise, Ayla was not the only patron in the diner that night.

Across the room sat an Indian man in his mid-twenties, meal growing cold beside him as he scrolled the depths of the internet on his very shiny, expensive rectangle. Oblivious to the creaky steps of old-timey boots across the diner floor, Ayla's voice came as a bit of a shock.

"I... don't think I've seen you here before."

Startled, the man stuffed Twitter in his pocket and adjusted the fringe of his shiny black hair.

"Oh!" he stammered. "I, uh... no, you haven't. I'm not strictly from this website. So I guess I'm sort of breaching the rules here, huh?"

Ayla raised an eyebrow before gesturing at the mostly totally empty diner around them. The man chuckled nervously.

"I am from an RP community, though." he added. "But my roleplay, uh..."

"Ran into a dead end and ultimately never went anywhere?"

"... Yeah. That. But that's me, really. What else is new."
The man made to touch his phone for the umpteenth time that minute, but stopped short and instead re-met Ayla's piercing eyes. There was something fierce in them. Almost like they were guarding her soul.
They were also very brown and pretty and he suspected that might be the real reason he wasn't checking for likes on his meme repost.

"So, yeah. I have no idea what I'm doing here."

Before she even knew what was happening, Ayla found herself awkwardly screeching a chair out from under the table and taking a seat to meet his eyes proper. And then, despite every dissenting and surely logical voice in her head, she said the words.

"... You could buy me a drink?"

Humans really were confounding creatures. It's too bad she had to be one of them, too.
http://iforce.co.nz/i/zib324ed.n3q.png (big image)
my other character from the other website :mrgreen:
also apparently i do coloured font now? who knew
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

"It's all nonsense, wouldn't you say?"

A new voice came to join in on the conversation. Well, the word new didn't actually mean much. Things had been dormant for so long that any old face would have seemed new, just because of how much they would have changed. A writer's form is ever-changing, and that makes it so that what used to be considered perfectly in-character could be considered nonsense another day. But that was getting a bit too silly, wasn't it? It was all about having fun, not getting really deep for no reason. The Diner was always about that sort of silliness.

But who did this voice belong to, anyway? Considering the current author, the possibilities were many. Someone well-known? Someone more obscure? Perhaps someone who never got the chance to be written at all, as some RPs never even began? Maybe it didn't actually matter? Well, the answer would happen... Right now.

It was Kouhei Saito. ... What, did you not remember Kouhei Saito? He was in a detective RP once! He had those other two siblings, Rei and Kana, both of whom were more well-known despite Kana not even being an AAO character. There was a certain nostalgia to that, wasn't there? The time when an RPer could establish some sort of weird timeline across forums and across RP realities and not have it be considered particularly weird. With his bright pink hair, Kouhei stood out. He had a gentle smile on his face.

"It's not so bad being a character who didn't do much, I think. ... Because at least for a small moment, I was the focus of someone's reality. And hey, I like to think that writing me for a short bit taught my author SOMETHING. Well, there were a lot of mistakes made, but that's fine..." Kouhei tried cleaning up the diner a bit. At no point was he ever part of any dining staff, but remembering his own vague character traits, he realized that he was eccentric enough to try to act like he knew what he was doing anyway.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Never tried my hand at necromancy before. Hmm…
“Hey, look.” Vincent nodded across the length of the musty diner. “Looks like company.”

“Hmm?” Drey turned, glancing over his shoulder and seeing the silhouetted figures that sat in the room’s shadowed depths. “Oh, yeah. Looks like it.”

He returned to nursing his coffee mug, so long drained that the dregs had crusted to the bottom. After a few seconds of plaintive silence, he furrowed his brow in confusion.

“I didn’t see her come in. Did you?” he queried Vincent, who shrugged in response. “But we should have.”

“Don’t know.” Vincent seemed unconcerned. “I wasn’t paying attention, I suppose.”

“Neither.” Drey paused, staring into his empty mug. “That’s so weird. We should have seen her.”

They were sat directly adjacent the diner’s small door, in one of the few spots where sunlight could stream in through the crooked blinds and throw drifting dust motes into sharp relief. The woman's entry should have been impossible to miss.

Vincent, evidently nonplussed, planted his elbows on the table and leaned over his folded hands. “Well, aren’t you going to go insert yourself?”

“What?” Drey looked up at him, confused. “No. Why?”

Vincent looked back, seeming just as baffled. “Because that’s what you do. Like, all the time.”

“Is it?” Drey looked down, then away. “I… I don’t really remember.”

“Oh.” Vincent frowned, then shrugged again. “Alright then.”

Drey continued to ponder, troubled. “But really, I don’t remember anything before you pointed her out. It’s like… it’s like the last few years have been a blank, and everything before that is… it’s hazy.”

“Sounds like you need another cup.” Vincent lifted his and gave it an emphatic swirl, but Drey noted that it was completely empty.

He looked down into his own mug and paused, noticing that something about it seemed odd. Lifting the crucible and turning it so that a shaft of dusty sunlight could strike right into the bottom, Drey found that the ring in the bottom of the mug wasn’t actually coffee dregs – or… it was, but also a layer of mould that had grown over the top… and died.

“Okay…” He murmured, placing the mug down and pushing it away. “How long have we been here?”

“A very long while.” A new voice said, causing Drey to start, only now noticing the third man that occupied their booth. He seemed youthful – perhaps late twenties – but also carried himself as if he were several decades older. His clothes were a simple, almost nondescript military uniform, and adorning his head was a golden crown that at once seemed both resplendent, and cheap. Just looking at him made Drey feel cold.

“When did you get here?” Drey demanded, startled.

“A little after you,” the third man replied in a flat, dispassionate voice. “And… just now, also.”

“And you are…?” Vincent examined the man over the edge of his mug.
The man seemed to consider the question for some time, then finally responded with a simple “A poorly considered plot hook”.

“Ah.” Vincent nodded once and returned to swirling his unrelentingly empty cup, as if the man’s answer was perfectly normal.

Drey looked back and forth between Vincent and the new man, then groaned and started to massage his brow with one hand. “What the Hell is going on?”

“Hell,” the third man intoned. “What an odd allusion. Wherever did you get that?”

“Excuse me?” Drey turned back to the third man, who now bore a wry smirk. “Is that meant to mean- wait.”

Just as quickly, he turned back to Vincent. “Didn’t you die?”

“Hmm…” Vincent thought for a moment, then gave another shrug. “Does it matter?”

A little!” Drey exclaimed, slamming his palms down on the table. “Actually, a lot; Because I’m pretty sure that I killed you!”

Vincent pondered that for a moment, and then nodded slowly. “Oh yeah.”

“That’s it?” Drey insisted.

Yet again, Vincent shrugged. “It’s hard to remember. It was pretty chaotic, and wasn’t there some strange music that tried to draw focus from everything else?”

After a long pause, Drey could only muster a helpless, exasperated “What? Vincent, you died.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Vincent nodded. “That’s pretty rough, huh?”

“What is happening?” Drey looked helplessly at the third man, who remained impassive. “You’re being so strange, Vincent. Why can’t you just commit to an opinion?”

“He’s always been like this,” the third man interrupted. “Only there to do what was required of him. You just didn’t realize it.”

Vincent inclined his head to the third man. “This guy gets it. You were always too busy obsessing over being friends with the guy with the green shoulder snakes to notice anything else.”

“Or thinking of bad one-liners so you could be ‘cool’,” the third man continued, and then finally added an aside of “Or being condescending and argumentative in the spoiler tags.”

“Oh, no. That was someone else with the same name,” Vincent corrected him. “Easy mistake.”

There was silence for a few seconds before the third man responded with a laconic “Sure” that smacked of both indulgence and flat disbelief.

Drey – who had been shielding himself from the exchange by propping his arms on the table and massaging his temples – straightened up and clasped his hands together. “Okay. Everything is weird right now. This has gotten out of control.”

“Yep,” Vincent agreed, and the table lapsed into a lasting silence, Drey fidgeting with his hands, Vincent continuing to scrutinize his insistently empty mug, and the third man staring across the table at nothing.

“Speaking of…” The third man raised his gloved hand and gave a snowflake on one fingertip a dour inspection. “Do you ever feel like things… get away from you? Like something that was meant to be a small part of you just… grew and grew, until it ran out of control and consumed everything else, leaving you completely different to how you used to be?”

“All the time,” Drey and Vincent answered simultaneously.
This post brought to you by proudly hosted on photobucket gang
Last edited by Drey Wilkins on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Two girls entered the diner, taking their seats at an empty table across from each other.

"So this place any good?" Isis asked, pulling out one of her earbuds to make conversation.

"It was a recommendation from a friend." Sylvie replied, checking their phone while they talked. "Apparently this place just reopened unexpectedly, and some old RP characters are hanging around."

"Some what now." Isis tilted her head.

"From RPs around the site," Sylvie explained, pointing over at a table where three men sat, "Those three are from Endless Time, and I think those two over there are too."

"Wait, what? From where? I thought we were having a coffee date!" Isis said, looking around nervously.

"Oh we are," Sylvie replied, "Do you not like it?"

"I'm just... lost? Who are these people again?" Isis said.

"Like I said, RP characters from around the site."

"Like, see, I hear the words you're saying, but I don't understand them?? Which site? Is this some creepy internet thing?"

"Yes, the creepiest." Sylvie replied.

--

In the kitchen, away from the crowd, a tall young woman with straggled hair down to her waist tied on her apron and stuck a nametag on that said "Hi, I'm Diane".

"Alright, Diane, first day on the job... First time I've been back on this site since DRRP. Or wait, was it Shelvington? Ugh, I was a mess." She sighed, then grabbed her pen and notepad and walked out front.

Her first table was occupied by a tall woman in a hat and cloak, dressed like a park ranger or something, and sitting next to a young man scrolling through his phone.

"Hello, I'm Diane," She said with the enthusiasm of roadkill, "Welcome to the AAO RP Diner, may I take your order?"
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Ayla's new companion was stunned. Had she been too forward? Or did he really just not get out much? She sure hoped so. That would be excellent. At last, an even playing field.
The man picked his jaw off the floor just in time to stammer out "I'm Ian." before another new voice entered the fray.

--
GuardianDreamer wrote: "It's all nonsense, wouldn't you say?"
Ian was startled once again as the young man in a rather striking pink do chimed in. Where'd he come from?
"It's not so bad being a character who didn't do much, I think. ... Because at least for a small moment, I was the focus of someone's reality. And hey, I like to think that writing me for a short bit taught my author SOMETHING. Well, there were a lot of mistakes made, but that's fine...
Ian smiled sadly. It was a nice thought, really. Or was it? There was something disempowering in serving as a stepping stone to someone else's development. But maybe he was just projecting his own insecurity onto something positive? Yeah, that sounded like him. He glanced at Ayla, whose inquisitive gaze seemed to bore into his very soul. He opened his mouth to speak, if only to escape his own head, before the gentleman began sweeping the dusty floor like he'd never spoken to them in the first place. Great, he thought. Drive-by wisdom. My favourite.

--

"You're hurting, aren't you?"

"...What?"

Drat. Ayla really shouldn't have said that. He didn't like that. But how could she not? It was written all over him. His posture. His addiction to that metallic trinket. And his eyes. She saw it the second she saw him. But a lifetime of social data told Ayla most folk resented having their weak points labeled. Men, especially so. She took a deep breath, ran a finger through her long brown hair, and spoke.

"Never mind that. My name's Ayla. Ayla Young."
She reached out for a handshake and put on her best grin.
Ian's grip was surprisingly firm. Perhaps there was more to this man than meets the eye?
sloof wrote:"Hello, I'm Diane," She said with the enthusiasm of roadkill, "Welcome to the AAO RP Diner, may I take your order?"
"Oh, hi. I'll have a, um..." he paused, considering both his bank account and his drive home. "an Export Citrus. And the lady would like-

"The lady can speak for herself, and would like a powl fruit cider. Thank you."

"Um, yeah. That, thanks."

Ian couldn't resist pulling out his phone again. What the hell was a powl fruit?
Spoiler : Ian's search results :
i wish that wiki got more filled in tbh :P
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Suddenly, Kyouji Kamishiro ran into the diner, a strange version of him who was both the UDR and Shelf versions at the same time, as well as every other version that could conceivably exist. He made a very quick dash into the Diner, suddenly stopping once he was in front of Isis. He smiled brightly, his one eye shining brightly.

"Hey there~! I'm supposed to meet you, I think! I'm so excited! What were your adventures like? Mine still feel like they haven't ended, but I'm really thinking that they're going to kick up again soon. Anyway, I'd really like to be friends!" Kyouji then spun around a few times, posing by pointing at the ceiling. He did this because he remembered that it was a pose his mother had been fond of doing and he wanted to try it.

Oh, now that he thought about it, this was a bit sudden! He needed to clear things up. "Oh, my name's Kyouji! I'm training to be a hero, but what I really want to be is to be the greatest friend I can be!" Kyouji said, as if that explained everything.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Taking the Order:

Diane casually scribbled down their orders. "Alright, one c-tier drink and Powl Cider. Be right out with that."

With that, Diane turned on her heel and entered the kitchen.

Powl Juice? What the hell is that?? God, fantasy RPs have the weirdest nonsense.

She walked over to a comically over sized fridge, which contained all the ingredients for the Diner, and could magically produce any ingredient that was selected. It was known as... The Refridgenerator. Diane punched "Export Citrus" into the fridge's keypad, and hit "GO". The Refridgenerator shuddered and sputtered, then opened its door, revealing exactly one ice cold bottle of beer.

"Alright that's one," Diane said, plucking the bottle out. "Now for that Powl."

She typed in "POWL CIDER", and hit GO. The machine shuddered and sputtered, then opened its door to reveal... Nothing. The Refridgenerator's lights flashed bright red, bathing Diane in its glow. Slowly, her face sunk like a turkey to the bottom of the sea.

"Oh goddammit, of course this would happen." She muttered, slamming the door shut. "Guess I'll have to make a replacement..."

Diane quickly grabbed the first bottle she could find, a Red Bottle marked "TRANSFORMING POTION - DO NOT DRINK" and poured it into a glass, then scrawled the word "powl" onto it. Perfect.

She reemerged with her drinks, set them on the table, then turned tail and ran back into the back.

"Hereyougoenjoybye."

--

Isis found herself suddenly facing a pirate boy, pointing dramatically at the ceiling saying he was gonna be a hero. Isis felt like she'd had her fair share of encounters like this, where some over-the-top character would run out of nowhere to talk to her like she was an NPC in some video game, but it still threw her that no matter where she went, she seemed doomed to attract strangers.

Why is it never a cute girl?? Or a cute girl that doesn't want to hit me.

"I'm sorry," Sylvie said suddenly, raising their spoon threateningly towards Kyouji. Was it really that threatening tho. "But she's got a friend right here. You won't be taking that position."

Isis simply groaned and let her head fall onto the table. "I wanna go home."