Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -CLOSED-]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -Currently Open-]

Post by Alnar »

Katsurou's eyes widen during the entire presentation. though whether it was because of the revelation of how long it took for the whole thing to retract, or because of the obvious torture of a poor robot cat, is unsure. It could be both honestly.

"Of course..." he says, blinking twice in disbelief. How could he have let that fact slide his mind? "The gears inside the box, they're rusted." He remembers seeing the gear Monokuma brought to the courtroom, how rusty it was. It stands to reason that all the other gears were in the same state.

"With the gears as they are, the retraction of the entire machine was considerably slowed. So long as to take an entire hour. Knowing this..." he then looks to the side at Masahiro before he continues.

"Then an alibi could have easily been 'faked'. The machine could have been set up as early as around 11:30 pm that night, set to retract while the killer went off elsewhere, establishing an alibi to the murder. This is why Akira's death was set-up the way it was with the straitjacket and her legs, it was to ensure that should could be hooked up to the retractor and not be able to do a thing about it."

Katsurou crosses his arms, still looking at Masahiro. "Sadly to say, this puts your alibi, along with others, in jeopardy Masahiro... If the murder was indeed set up in such a way, then anyone around the area before midnight have killed Akira."
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Masahiro watched the drowning with an inquisitive expression. Her eyes were still a bit puffy, and her nose was tinted slightly red. Overall she looked pretty dumb. Once it was over, Katsurou addressed her.

"I see... what a dastardly trap! That means our conversation on the night of this foul incident went on as the poor mortal was dragged under the riptides of despair towards her watery doom... If only I had not run into you, then I may have happened upon her before it was too late. Fate is cruel and twisted, indeed!"
spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

Teruko, like the rest of the surviving students, appears to be watching the show for however long it goes.
Spoiler : GuardianDreamer :
Teruko is entirely silent through the nasty, mean-spirited cat bathing presentation. Considering it was her idea to have the poor cat tormented in the name of demonstrating one facet of the murder, one didn't hear a peep of her laughing... or much of anything, actually.

She must have been entralled, or concentrating really hard. Some combination of both? The silence may well speak loudly about her again.
As Monokuma returns with a sogging wet Mononeko in tow, Teruko deeply bows in what can be construed readily as silent gratitude.
Spoiler : Alnar :
Perhaps one's eyes were far more focused on the screen, but Teruko is both silent and essentially motionless through the display. She must have been paying very, very, very close attention.

That bow was absolutely sincere, if that adds any context or clues.
"Enlightening... thought-provoking." She deigns to speak, before at last putting her right hand back into the back of the precariously-balanced Chartreuse.

"But we got a buncha marshmallow peeps rollin' around that night!" Chartreuse stands tall, one puppety arm raised up as a follow-up to Katsurou's assertions.

"Cheerleader!" Gesturing to Akira, the first victim, who technically did have to be 'rollin' around' to be caught up there and killed.

"So-and-so!" Gesturing to Masahiro.

"What's-her-face!" Gesturing to Teruko herself, which is almost a self-aware gag one would assume.

"The ugly oooone!" Chartreuse gestures to Osuji. That's just uncalled for...

"Those are the ones we totes knows," Chartreuse continues. "We dunnos where her," Ai, "her," Shiho, "him," Satsuko, "him," Aloysius, "that," Hazuki, or "it," Masami, "or them," Katsurou, "were at the time. Maybes one or two more, but y'know, helluva lot of no-shows!"
Spoiler : SwagmaWampyr :
Argh, she didn't give names! She's visibly pointing rather than saying them... going by sound alone it's impossible to tell who she's talking about.
Spoiler : Alnar :
Is there something to the idea she's not giving names, or was that just a stylistic choice to the latest heaping bit of Chartreuse-infused 'hey listen up for a sec' deduction?
Chartreuse, mercifully, winds down and 'allows' the puppeteer to talk, as she rolls her right shoulder again. "I would surmise.. those of us who knew the one in the Sick Bay was not could be... crossed off the list." That would take Katsurou, Hazuki, Ai, and Teruko herself decisively off the 'able to kill Akira' list, one would assume. "Lest we tried to hatch a fiendish scheme under the nose of one awake... ah, that would be quite the death wish to be so easily found, would it not..."

As Teruko continues, she tilts her head back. "Iiii... wonder if they had to try and fix the machine by hand, at least once... it did seem... stubborn."
Last edited by spd12 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Osuji scratched his head, trying to comprehend the current topic of discussion... he was a bit confused as to what exactly had been shown, and how it changed things.

"...Sorry, I'm a bit lost." he stated, in a genuinely confused tone. "Exactly what was Monokuma trying to show us? And... what's Teruko saying about alibis? I can gather as much that whatever the bear showed us called some alibis into question, but... how? And whose alibis?"

As usual, he couldn't help but be embarrassed he had to ask a question that was probably obvious if he could see what was happening and who Teruko was pointing at, but what could he do?
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Katsurou addresses Osuji's concerns, "Essentially, Monokuma demonstrated how long it took for the lane rope retractor to well, retract when someone is hooked up to it. It's been proven that the retractor malfunctions occasionally and moves incredibly slow, taking about an hour and ten minutes to retract. As for how this relates to alibis, we reason that the killer could have faked their alibi for Akira's murder by hooking her up to the machine, setting it to retract, and having it slowly drag her to the pool. In doing so, they went elsewhere to establish their 'alibi'."

Katsurou looks around the stand for a moment, eyes going from the twins, to Chouko, and finally to Masahiro. "As for the alibis it questions... well that would only be two."

Suddenly, Katsurou puts his hand on Masahiro's left shoulder. Perhaps getting a bit too close for comfort for both ends, but he seems to be doing it to emphasize a point. "Masahiro's alibi... and my own."

"All other alibis we know of keep the respectful student covered for the whole night. Yet in the case of me and Masahiro, we were only in the first floor hallway from midnight to 2:00 am. But!" he says, raising his finger, "With Akira's death placed at 12:45 am and the retractor taking an hour to drag someone into the pool... Either of us could have set up the trick half an hour before midnight and then created an alibi for the time when Akira had died, for the sake of feigning absence to her murder."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Aloysius, still with a pensive expression on his face, began to speak once again. "Very interesting... Now then, our killer was messing with the lane retractor, we know that. And there was blood on one of the gears... Could the explanation perhaps be this...?"

Masahiro's Right Hand

Masahiro's right hand has a deepish cut in it.

"Now that her alibi's gone, couldn't this account for the blood on the gear? She cut her hand whilst messing around with it?" he asked, looking around to see if the others agreed.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"Already, I have explained this wound! It was the result of my encounter with the mysterious Executioner. If it were not such, and the result of committing a murder, why in the hells would I reveal it to you? As a devilish killer, perish the thought, I could have hidden this wound under my wrappings for all eternity. Yet I display it to you all as proof of my failure! I, the proud demon Masahiro, did indeed admit her defeat! And you would trample this gesture of trust and honesty by suggesting otherwise? How dare you, gas-mask mortal... How, dare, you."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"Please excuse me if I'm not willing to accept this 'Executioner' as fact so quickly, Ms. Demon Lord. Other than your testimony, I haven't seen any proof of a shadowy Executioner behind these murders. Unless you can present some kind of proof other than your word of mouth, I'm not convinced you're not the murderer." Aloysius said. "You can consider this me accusing you of being the killer, if you like."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"Let it be known I am offended by your accusation. I am a ninja, but I am no killer of mortals. A demon would never stoop so low as to prey on foolish and weak human beings. Demons only wage war with the heavens! Mortals are below us! I would be granted no proof, for I do not need to prove to myself what my eyes did see. If you mortals cannot accept my recollection as truth, then your vision is shrouded in lies and deceit!"
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

"Hm... both of your arguments are plausible." Katsurou comments, pertaining to both Masahiro's and Aloysius's statements. "Honestly, with what I'm taking under consideration, a lot of things don't make sense if Masahiro is our culprit..." His eyes gaze upon Masahiro for a moment before they glance over towards one of the Ryuunosuke's.

It seems like now's the time to do it. he thinks, looking at Ryuuno. Katsurou closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and sighs. "Forgive me for this... but I must make sure of a certain fact on my mind." he seems to be addressing Masahiro as he says this, but his words could easily apply to everyone in general.

He raises his hand, opening his eyes to make contact with Ryuunosuke's.

"Masahiro... catch." he says, emphasizing the last word with a snap of his fingers.
Spoiler : Blackrune :
Katsurou's eyes meet yours. The sound of his fingers snapping is unmistakable.

That's the signal! The suggestion embedded into your mind must be fulfilled!
Spoiler : Topaz :
Catch? The way the mental mortal says it seems to be very commanding, but you have no idea what he's talking about. The suggestion of catching something and your ninja senses might put you on alert with anticipation.

He was looking at that one Ryuunosuke when he snapped his fingers. Could that mean something?
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Ryuunosuke suddenly looked down, noticing a roll of duct tape at his feet. He wasn't really sure what it was doing there, but picked it up to look at it for a second.
Then, as if feeling he needed to follow Katsurou's cue, he threw it across the room, right at Masahiro.
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Masahiro's eyes narrowed when Katsurou told her to catch. She immediately scanned the room, and focused on the Ryuunosuke who was looking down. Seconds later, he threw a roll of duct tape at her, which she retaliated to by throwing a shuriken at the roll. The two collided, and fell to the floor mid-way between Ryuunosuke and Masahiro. Now there was just a shuriken-pierced duct tape roll lying on the ground. For what purpose?
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Ryuunosuke just shrugged with a nonchalant face.

"You didn't catch it. So I guess box boy wins. Pretty decent shot though."

A prank? Was this really the time for this?
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Katsurou shows surprise to the shuriken being thrown at the duct tape, watching as both objects drop to the ground to the very middle of the stand. He certainly wasn't expecting that, but the information gathered could still be of use.

"Alright... though you did not do as I expected, I suppose you do have a wound on your rhand after all. Catching it with your right would have been painful and your mind knows to adapt your reflexes to avoid pain... very well." he says, crouching down and reaching for his precious duct tape, shuriken included. It was a bit of a stretch, but he managed to get it after some struggle.

He brings the duct tape to his chest and pulls on the shuriken, which proved to be in deeper than he thought. After a good amount of effort, he pulled it out and looked at it out of curiosity.

"Well, as expected of the Super High School Level Ninja at least." he says, placing the duct tape back into his coat pocket, keeping the shuriken in his hand. "But I have something to bring up about your cut, Masahiro." he says, shifting his gaze from the shuriken to the ninja herself.

"There are three injuries from which blood could have come from. And there are three places where blood was found. Akira's head, Shiho's head, and your hand are these sources, while blood can be found on two ends of the baseball bat, the gear in the machine... and Shiho's floor."

Yet yours stands out for it is a deep cut, not a slight cut compared to Akira's and Shiho's. A wound like yours that would bleed a lot of blood now, wouldn't it? It stands to reason the blood on the baseball bat came from the victim's heads, that's plain to see. Yet where did yours come from? You claim to have been attacked in the Science Lab yet I noticed no traces of blood on the floor during my investigation. There is blood on both the gear and Shiho's floor."

Shiho's floor/entrance

Shiho's entrance's floor has a small trace of blood on it.

Lane Rope Retractor

A big machine that slowly retracts and winds up the lane ropes in the pool when turned on. Currently turned off. One of the gears inside the machine has blood on it.

"Now, there are two possibilities here I'm willing to consider... Your hand could have been caught in the machine assuming you were messing around with it... but then there'd be blood on the other gears, correct? Not to mention your fingers would be a mess... That's not the case, no..."

Katsurou's gaze goes over to an empty spot in the stand, where Shiho Kisaragi would have been if she were alive.

"No, the more likely event..." he says, imagining the events that occurred that night. "You were indeed attacked... and the hand that struck yours was the only one that could possibly match your skill. Shiho Kisaragi, Super High School Level Sukeban, wielding the gear from the machine! Such is the reason why blood would appear on her floor, blood coming from your wound!"

It was certainly a leap in logic, yet one that was at least founded on some evidence. But this does leave some things to be explained...
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"I am afraid there is a vital flaw to your argument, mental mortal. And that is if you were correct, I would have to be idiotic. What is it you just said, hm? 'Your mind knows to adapt your reflexes to avoid pain'. You suggest it was I who left blood at the Shiho human's doorstep. Yet, how is that reasonable? I, Masahiro Honda, am always amply supplied with wrappings. Wrappings that easily covered my wound and soaked up the blood. After being attacked, all I had to do was wrap another layer around my wound, and there would be no danger of death by blood loss!"

"Furthermore, if I was to battle the Shiho human in her place of residence, why would she possess that gear? It's inconceivable!"