Fire Emblem Series

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Fire Emblem Series

Post by kwando1313 »

Future Past is great. <3

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

What are you guys's favorite pairing for the avatar?
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Male Avatar or Female Avatar? It varies depending on that.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
ProsecutorJustice
Spoken languages: English

Post by ProsecutorJustice »

Lord Wolfenstein wrote:What are you guys's favorite pairing for the avatar?
Wait... You can pair your avatar and have a descendant character? I need to get this game. =/
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Yes, you can. It's the ultimate RPG shipping game. All the battles are just a means to get your OTPs married.

@GD: Both, I guess? I got auto-married to Chrom the first time around and I haven't picked a wife yet in this game so I'd like to know.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

I'll pick my two favorite pairings for each Avatar. I'll assume you mean how much I like the supports themselves, rather than gameplay-wise.

I like Male Avatar's romantic supports with Maribelle and Tiki the most.

For Female Avatar, I like her romantic supports with Henry and Kellam the most.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

I liked Fe!MU and Henry too.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Man, I need to get Future Past, but I don't want to buy a 20 dollar card. ;_;

Also 3000th post woo.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Can't you buy it directly through a credit card?

Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

I'm watching it on youtube right now.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

Managed to beat the "regular" version of Apotheosis with just Female Avatar and Chrom paired with her (A-rank). For those of you who don't know, the "harder" version of Apotheosis, where you fight Anna at the end, requires you to beat the first wave of enemies within two turns. And is also harder, of course. I doubt I'll be able to get away with any more Avatar-soloing shenanigans. ... Also, I'd just like to say that on Lunatic+, the Future Past maps are harder than regular Apotheosis. If only Rescue Staves were allowed... It would save many headaches. As it is right now, in the first Future Past Map, I can only manage to have Cynthia survive. Oh well... Back to grinding the parent characters. (Honestly, Future Past 3 looks like it'll be the easiest one, simply because it's a "Kill boss" chapter... Even if that boss is basically the hardest boss in the game on Lunatic+, barring Anna from Apotheosis, but at least Anna has a trick you can exploit.)

EDIT: Beat the Future Past DLC Chapters on Lunatic+, even if I said I wanted to focus on Apotheosis. I guess preparing for Apotheosis also prepared me for Future Past. I have Galeforce to thank for everything.

EDIT 2: There. I finally did it. I beat the secret rounds in Apotheosis. I'm officially completely done with this game.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Happy Birthday my waifu~
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

REVIVE THREAD REVIVE

*ahem*

Fanmade sequel time! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-f ... g/65919905 Chapter 4 is below.
Spoiler : :
Chapter 4: New Age

New Units:
Venezul (Level 17 Cavalier, the Oifey to Gilderoy's J-Gun)

Lucina's party spends a month or so in Silvera territory, gathering info while being bewildered at the forgiveness of the tribe. They are given food and drink, and they live in the closest thing to a manor the tribe "city" has. So, they have the hospitality of the tribe under their belts, but what next? During this month, the party does not have any fighting to do, so it's a relative bore, but...

Ecquador: Has anybody seen Daisy? She ran off somewhere after supper and hasn't returned for a few hours.
Lobotom: With all due respect, Ec, we have no idea where she went. S'like she just... Disappeared. I hated her anyhow.
Ecquador: Nevertheless, "Lob", if we lose her now, Lucina will not be able to take her back to Ylisse...
Lucina: Aye. We should search for her before it gets too dark.
Theresil: We're in the middle of winter. It's always dark here.

So the scene cuts to Daisy running away from a pack of hungry animals. She is lost, naturally. When she is cornered, a fierce "Take this, scum!" comes from Venezul - he and Eileen have come to the rescue! After a short battle wherein all the animals are vanquished, Eileen notices the same dark magic smell from the prologue! The three hypothesize that it has something to do with the Silvera, and Venezul claims to have no knowledge of dark mages in his tribe.

Uh-oh - we just fought a Silvera dark mage. But, if you would've looked closely, the alliance says "Unknown". And that face looked unique...

With Daisy rescued, the party spends another night in the Silvera village. Their sleep is interrupted (OF COURSE) by a growl... Lo and behold, it's another pack of animals! Wacky chase scene hijinks ensue, and the scene cuts to the dark mage we saw in Venezul's squad, chanting a mysterious spell. Well.

Lucina's party travels through the cold snow to shake off the animals, but to no avail - they keep on trudging until the encounter a masked figure. The figure has the Silvera coat of arms, but is not part of the tribe - Venezul claims to have not seen her before. The figure is pursued until she is cornered, but she chants a dark spell, draining the life of the party. Other figures surface in the woods... Time for battle!

This battle is with Venezul, who is a much better unit than Gilderoy. This chapter also introduces the preparations screen - you can take every unit thus far but one, and I suggest leaving behind Gilderoy. Obviously. So, on to the map!

This map really steps it up... The lowest level on it is 7 while the lowest level in Chapter 3 was 4. The map has a ton of forested area in the center, so going for the corners would be a good idea if the AI wasn't programmed to not move out of the center unless their range is moved into. Bleh. We have to move through the forest at a snail's pace. Most of the enemies are powerful mages (explaining the extra levels), including our first sight of an Elwind tome! Eileen should get it or trade for it with another unit, as it will make her quite the powerhouse in the next few chapters. The other units are myrmidions and our first knights, as well as some priests/clerics.

Their alliegance is unknown, but they seem to be a shadowy organization... The boss's name is listed as "???" to denote this. The boss is a Level 13 Dark Mage, the one you saw in Chapter 3. He has a Nosferatu tome this time around, along with two Flux tomes. You'll want to get the Nosferatu tome if you can, as one of our next units is a Dark Mage.

After the battle, Eileen detects more of the animal smell, and the party figures out that the mages must be behind the animals. After traveling back to the Silvera village, they find a very worried elder who welcomes you back with open arms! The elder is confronted about the mages, but he claims to know nothing, and, not wanting to cause any more trouble, Lucina decides to retire.

END-OF-CHAPTER-SCREEN: A new mechanic is the end-of-chapter-screen, which allows you to pick tentmates. The tentmates will share a short conversation and go up a support rank, maximizing your time with the support system! And that's the end of the chapter.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Spoiler : Chapter 4x :
Chapter 4x: Dark Pasts

Requirements: No requirements. You can choose to get this chapter or not.

Temporary Units:
Nox (Level 4 Shaman)
Hilge (Level 3 Priest)
Mavel (Level 5 Thunder Mage)
Golfey (Level 4 Fire Mage)
Sar (Level 4 Wind Mage)
Avlen (Level 4 Dancer)
Yosel (Level 13 Wyvern Lord, your J-Gun for this chapter)

After Chapter 4, the Silvera Elder (Nox) will ask everyone to come and listen to a story about the founding of the Silvera. The party agrees and the scene is moved to the place where Nox lives. You have a choice here. You can choose either to read a summary of the story, or to experience the story for yourself. Choosing the experience option gets you this map!

The story is quite simple and similar to yours - Nox's party was shipwrecked on a beach. Remember this beach? Yeah, it's the beach you washed up on in the prologue. So! You quickly run into a band of animals, setting off this chapter.

Now, this map is very different from the prologue. It's considerably bigger, and the animals are much tougher to match your higher levels. You'll need to keep the mages away from combat, as most of the animals are on par with Yosel! They do not do ranged attacks and are weak to magic (but not OHKO weak), so you'll need to use a combination of Avlen, Yosel, and ranged attacks to kill them. This is mostly a battle of quick tactics and easy screwups which are not so easy to fix. The boss is a Level 18 Snow Leopard who can devastate even Yosel, so ranged attacks are the way to go. Thankfully, he doesn't move.

After the map, you'll come back and the story will be finished. Stay tuned for Chapter 5!
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Completely random here, but I just found out that Lucina shares her birthday with Adolf Hitler. I can't stop laughing.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)