SHSL Danganronpa Topic ~ DR3 Announced

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Got DR;AE?

Yes!
33%
Not yet, but I want to!
22%
Nope.
44%

Total votes: 9

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: SHSL Danganronpa Topic ~ DR English Released, SDR2 This

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Still nothing? Man, wonder what's up. Oren's usually very consistent.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Nearavex
Spoken languages: English

Post by Nearavex »

Oren?
Av by ticcy
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Nearavex wrote:Oren?
He's the one that does the Something Awful translations for Dangan Ronpa and now Super Dangan Ronpa 2.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Okay, so this fan video made me all sorts of happy. DR1 Spoilers within!
Spoiler : Linked Vid Has Dangan Ronpa 1 Spoilers :
since 2008!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Ami wrote:Okay, so this fan video made me all sorts of happy. DR1 Spoilers within!
Link doesn't work.
Ami

Post by Ami »

SS Sleuth wrote:
Ami wrote:Okay, so this fan video made me all sorts of happy. DR1 Spoilers within!
Link doesn't work.
Fixed it in both my post and your post. <3
since 2008!
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Oren sez: He's gonna try to wrap up the investigation this weekend.

...So I figure what the hell, I'll do my detective work then. And I'll give everything another comb-over once the Class Trial is finished. Doesn't hurt to double-check.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

...Is there a character in SDR2 that doesn't have the Creepy Eyes Syndrome?

Really, they managed Celes to work in a similar, kinda creepy manner without any stylistic manipulations with her sprites. Now, it's just everyone having their creepy moments.
Av by ticcy
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Excerpts from Gumpei plays Dangan Ronpa:

"I just find (Junko's death) a really weird and poor decision"

(CHEW)

"interestingly both junko and sayaka got a non-upskirt shot before they died. I'm now very wary of kyoku and anybody who may get a non-upskirt shot in the future"

(CHEW)
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Spoiler : DR1-2 :
Google made my day.
Spoiler : SDR2 :
...Were they even trying to hide the fact it's artificial reality...? It's so obvious in the prologue itself...
Also... I just realized something.
Spoiler : DR1-6 :
They said that the problem was with one of the bodies being missing, right...? I just realized that... this wasn't a contradiction of facts at all. I mean... Do you think we could even get to see Mondo's body there?
Av by ticcy
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Thread is dying so I have a little sprite edit to show you guys.
Spoiler : DR-6 :

I made a pre-Despair Junko! I think she's cute <3
Av by ticcy
19learjetboy

Post by 19learjetboy »

I love this series, but I apologize for the bump.

Dangan Ronpa fans got me into Ace Attorney too.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Just finished the first game, and I was fairly impressed. One of the game's strengths is that you kind of grow attached to the characters, so when one of them dies, you actually feel bad about it (Seriously, tell me the death in Chapter 1 wasn't meant to be a Player Punch).

The mysteries themselves were workable, albeit, somewhat easy even on the highest difficulty level. More often than not, I had already worked out most of what happened before the class trial started. However, the story was entertaining enough to where I didn't mind this too much. I also loved how it kept you guessing about the overall mystery of what exactly is going on at the academy.

My main complaint was the ending. The resolution didn't get enough foreshadowing, although this may be remedied depending on what you look into during free time. Also, the Puppetmaster's motives were kind of "meh;" although, they made good use of their limited screen time to showcase the kind of person they were. I just preferred dealing with Monokuma mostly. My biggest complaint was the cheesiness of the final nonstop debate and everything it represented. It just seemed out of place given the relatively tone of the game.
Spoiler : More Endgame Details :
The "hope" vs "despair" thing just felt more like it belonged in an episode of My Little Pony than it did in the game. Also, the fact that we never got to see exactly what Mankind’s Most Despairingly Maleficent and Monstrous Malefaction was aside from Monokuma's face being plastered all over the world (which, in and of itself, doesn't sound nearly as bad as the game makes it out to be), was rather disappointing too. I also kind of wish they had used the "students' bodies have been altered" thread to explain why their blood was pink, but alas, no such luck. Threw me for a loop though when I found the classroom on the 5th floor that had actual red blood splattered everywhere, but then they explained it as having been dried out.
Overall, I am looking forward to playing through SDR2. All I need now is a Vita.
Image Image Image
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

SDR2 english dub voices for localization out there somewhere on youtube. Not sure if I can link it considering Kuzuryuu manages to swear (good job), but... it's definitely out there.

JYB as Hinata is a thing. And Souda is literally Ezreal.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Alright, I studied the voices of the characters that have yet to have their VAs officially announced, and I think I have an idea for most of them...

Tsumiki is 100% Stephanie Sheh (Yui from K-On!, different Yui from Swort Art Online, Hinata from Naruto, etc). She's the one I have no doubts on whatsoever, it is exactly her voice and it fits perfectly for her character.
Owari is likely Erica Mendez (Ryuko from Kill La Kill) or Cristina Vee (Mio from K-On!, Homura from Madoka Magica). I can hear elements of both of them in the voice, and I can't tell for certain yet, but I think it's one of the two (or possibly even Kyoko's MAdoka VA...she's really hard to pin down I gotta say).
Mahiru is verly likely Carrie Keranean (Mami from Madoka Magica). The tone of her voice strongly resembles that of her Madoka role and I think it sounds to be just about a match.
Ibuki is, apparently, Julie Ann Taylor (Nobody I particularly know outside of Yui from Lucky Star, lot of Yuis today), according to the wiki despite my inability to find much else backing that up, but it sounds like just about a match so I'll go with that.
And I have no idea who Pekoyama is. Part of her sounds like Alex Moore (Suzuno from The Devil is a Part-Timer!) but she's so obscure that I can't confirm that at all. She's the one I'm most in the dark about for sure.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!