February 2012 - Shadowsleuth

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

February 2012 - Shadowsleuth

Post by Meph »

Member of the Month
February 2012
Shadowsleuth

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't tell him...
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
It's a bit late, but February's MotM interview is finally here, and it's none other than Shadowsleuth!

He's well-known for his unique drawing style -- a skill that translates into his completely custom character sprites. He's a big part of our community ever since he joined, and has always gotten along with everyone here.

Due to timezone issues, this interview was done asynchronously (so we weren't talking at the same time).
Meph: Hello. Welcome to the twenty-first Member of the Month interview.

Shadowsleuth: Hello, Meph-san. Nice to see you here. I'm very glad to have been chosen for this! It's quite an honor.

Meph: Can you tell us about how you found AAO, and what made you want to join?

Shadowsleuth: It was nothing special. I first learned of the site while checking out Court Records. All the other casemakers required downloads and such, so I didn't want to try them.

Meph: Tell us about the cases you're working on at the moment.

Shadowsleuth: Well, if you look at my sig right now, you'll see a very flashy animation for my latest project, Miles Edgeworth: The Final Bow, which revolves around Edgey's last case as an attorney (I say "attorney" because, well, he's not exactly prosecuting this case...) It's a pretty ambitious project, but I've made some good progress with it, and I really want to get it done...

Also, I'm working on rebooting (again) my Dark Detectives series. I've got a lot planned for it, but before I can do any of it, I have to make sure the game has a grounded focus, story, and direction I want it to go in. Hopefully I can get it out, and make an enjoyable story for everyone.

Meph: What's your favourite fan trial on AAO?

Shadowsleuth: Unfortunately, I have a serious case of unfinished case-itis. I haven't played any fan trials all the way through yet. The ones I have played are parts of Turnabout of Courage, Setting up the Turnabout, and Turnabout Crackdown. Out of those three, I'd probably have to say that I likes Setting up the Turnabout best, because it had a bunch of interesting characters that I'm looking forward to seeing more of.

Meph: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

Shadowsleuth: I won't lie, my childhood was very nice. But I feel it was time wasted; I was far too immature back then, and I feel like I lost a lot of my time... I did a lot of things I regretted. But I did have a very good childhood, and I was happy a lot. I'm very grateful for that.

Meph: So what sort of things did you like doing as a kid?

Shadowsleuth: I wasn't as dedicated to my computer work back then, so I spent a lot of time just playing around. I also watched a lot more TV back then. (Of course, that's when TV was good...) I watched a lot of more educational shows, but like any kid I watched the cartoons too. I also read a lot. I think around the end of my elementary years, I started getting into anime and manga.

Meph: What is your average day like?

Shadowsleuth: I get up and go to school, then spend some time working on homework, then go home and spend the rest of my day online. In between I spend at least a few hours dedicated to drawing. At around 10:00 PM, I get to bed and stare at the ceiling contemplating my plans for world domination, the nature of humanity, and the many possible futures that await me. Then I spend some time typing and go to sleep.

...Man, I never noticed how boring I was...

Meph: What are your plans for the future?

Shadowsleuth: I plan to do what any self-respecting detective plans to do: Destroy the world. I kid, I only wish to conquer the world. And when I do, I will finally finish The Final Bow!

Meph: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

Shadowsleuth: That is a hard one... I could be generic and say that my favorite was Trials and Tribulations. In all honesty, I have to say that the original was probably my favorite; it just made me fall in love with the series, and even if the stories weren't as good as they got later on, they feel so classic and are a joy to play through again and again.

Meph: What other games do you really like?

Shadowsleuth: I've always been a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and Kirby, my two favorite gaming characters of all time. Despite his decline in game quality, I still enjoy Sonic games, and don't find many of his newer games to be THAT bad. And Kirby is just plain awesome. Seriously.

Meph: What was the first video game you ever played?

Shadowsleuth: I believe the very first game was "Gran Turismo" for the original Playstation. My dad got it as a prize, I believe, along with the console, and we used to race in it. After that, I was hooked for life.

Meph: Was your dad as "hooked to life" on video games as you were? :P

Shadowsleuth: Not as much as me. He likes them, but he doesn't have enough time to be as obsessed as I am.

Meph: Last question, now. Do you have any other interests?

Shadowsleuth: I think anyone who knows me knows that I care about two things: Art, and SHARKS. I've loved art and drawing since I was a child, and I really love all things art, especially animation and music. Whenever I find something that inspires me, I get filled with an urge to create, and I love doing that more than anything. I feel very much alive when I'm able to make stories and worlds, bringing characters to life... It's part of what makes me me. And, of course, SHARKS! I freaking LOVE sharks, in case you haven't noticed. Really, I love the ocean in general, but sharks are just my favorite. I don't care what anyone says, I will always love sharks.

Meph: We know all too well about how talented you are at drawing, but how did you get your love of sharks?

Shadowsleuth: When I was really young, I was into a lot of marine life, but I just liked sharks the best. Before I knew it, I had shark toys, shark figurines, shark books, and my own fictional superhero called "Shark Boy". I don't recall what exactly made me love sharks so much, but it's been a part of me for as long as I can remember.

Meph: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?

Shadowsleuth: I'd just like to thank you for selecting me again, and I feel quite honored to be recognized here. This site has become a big part of my life, and so have the people here. Some people I know scoff at the idea of creating connections online, but I feel like I've made connections with a lot of you. So thank you all for being awesome!

...And don't forget to play Miles Edgeworth: The Final Bow!

Meph: Thanks a lot for letting me interview you! Sorry about the fact that I couldn't ask you as many questions as I normally do.

Shadowsleuth: That's fine. Sorry for being so late with the answers!
drthingums

Re: Member of the Month: February 2012

Post by drthingums »

Have you played any Trauma Center games? Have you seen my fangame?
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

So we have another detective whose goal is world domination. Who is your favorite AA character?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

What do you think of MLP?

What do you think of 999?

What do you think of my 999/MLP crossover>
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

When someone wasn't replying to your PMs, that should've been my biggest clue that it was Shadowsleuth. :P Anyway, congrats Shadow!

I can't really think of any good questions right now so here are some stupid ones:

Persona 3 or Persona 4?

Who on AAO would you want to meet in real life?
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Congrats, ShadowSleuth! Ah, the days of your youth when you first started off here. Like the scent of fresh lemons, you see.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
layton195
Spoken languages: English, obviously

Post by layton195 »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote: So we have another detective whose goal is world domination. Who is your favorite AA character?
That was way too obvious
Trybien wrote: What do you think of MLP?
What do you think of my 999/MLP crossover
Can Neil Patrick Harris get any more awesome?
___
___
Persona 4 Arena x Persona 4 Arena is best pairing.
___
Memes so far: 1
X? Thank/Blame Y.
drthingums

Post by drthingums »

Uhh... layton195... You're not the Member of the Month. Shadowsleuth is.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Congratz, Shadowsleuth.
Favourite book/work of literature?
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

drthingums wrote:Uhh... layton195... You're not the Member of the Month. Shadowsleuth is.
Unless he is shadowsleuth! 0u0
BUM BUM BUUUM!

Also Congrats sleuth.

Do you liek mudkipz? *shot*
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Persona 3. Go.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Congrats. What's your favorite color?
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Welp, didn't get to finish answering those question walls. :P

Oh well.

Congrats, Sleuth! ;)
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

drthingums wrote:Have you played any Trauma Center games? Have you seen my fangame?
I've seen play-throughs online, but I haven't actually played it.

I think so, but I probably haven't played it.
Detective Luke Atmey wrote:So we have another detective whose goal is world domination. Who is your favorite AA character?
Need you even ask?
Trybien wrote:What do you think of MLP?

What do you think of my 999/MLP crossover>
In that order:

1. It's okay, but the fanbase is hilarious.
2. Haven't played it yet.
3. If 999 is as good as I've heard it is, it's bound to be interesting at the very least.
Wackyman wrote:When someone wasn't replying to your PMs, that should've been my biggest clue that it was Shadowsleuth. :P Anyway, congrats Shadow!

I can't really think of any good questions right now so here are some stupid ones:

Persona 3 or Persona 4?

Who on AAO would you want to meet in real life?
Hey, I replied. :sideglance2: It's the time difference and my busy schedule. Yeah, that's it.

I've only played P4, but if P3 has a dog that has Personas like I've heard, then I may just have to bump it up.

I'd like to meet Tap, because that would mean that I was in Australia, and I REALLY want to go there. Unless he comes to America, in which case, my brilliant plan is foiled! Nooooo!
Blackrune wrote:Congratz, Shadowsleuth.
Favourite book/work of literature?
That's a hard one... I'd have to say The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, because it's what got me into detective fiction.
Detective Dave wrote:
drthingums wrote:Uhh... layton195... You're not the Member of the Month. Shadowsleuth is.
Unless he is shadowsleuth! 0u0
BUM BUM BUUUM!

Also Congrats sleuth.

Do you liek mudkipz? *shot*
I prefer Torchic. Or Treeko.
Reyson Incarnate wrote:Congrats. What's your favorite color?
Black and blue. Or, as I like to call it... Bluack.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Here's the answer to the riddle:

It rises up from the blue - A shark.
Deep within the darkness it lurks - A *shadowy* darkness.
Or is it just your imagination? - Sleuth is an imaginative drawer.

Oh, and I forgot to ask: Have you ever been to a Disney Park? :P