Official AAO Competition: Jingle All the Way! [WINNER!]

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Official AAO Competition: Jingle All the Way! [WINNER!]

Post by DarthWiader »

...what? Please, not another sweater!
Credit to Bomchu for his original maskless Feenie's spritesheet.
The voting phase starts on New Year's Eve, December 31 2016 and will last one week until January 6 2017.
You can vote for one or two contestants, by posting their respective entry number(s). You cannot vote for yourself.

The voting phase is closed. The results are in!
ImageResultsImage
On the last place...
FenrirDarkWolf with no votes!
Entrant no. 7 ended up in seventh place, but number seven turned out to not be so lucky this time.

In the sixth place...
Dr.Cookie Master with one single vote!
I wouldn't really want any security guard to crack my nuts, thank you very much.

In the fifth place...
We have a tie!
ImageImage Image Image
TheDoctor and titleguy1 tie with two votes!

In the fourth place...
Cortonith with four votes!
ImageImage
Not exactly a bad score for a debutant, isn't it?

And now *fanfares* it is time for our winners!

In the third place...
Phoenix ace attorney with 5 votes!
ImageImage
Run for you lives! Larry's gonna make hats for everyone!

In the second place...
Ann-nna with 8 votes!
ImageImage Image
It's Christmas Day today in Russia, am I right? I hope the 2nd place will make for a good present for you!

In the first place...
SuperAj3 with 13 votes!!!
ImageImage Image
Congratulations to SuperAj3 Image and thanks to everyone who participated.
ImageEntriesImage
Full entries, with detailed descriptions.
Spoiler : 1: SuperAj3 :
Dez Reyener (original character) with his new Misham-brand Graphics Tablet!
ImageImage

His present:
ImageImage
ImageImage

A Misham-brand graphics tablet! Gotta love that art! His Secret Santa must've been very kind to score one of these before Misham's scandal was made public!
Spoiler : 2: Dr.Cookie Master :
Manosuke Naitō dressed as a traditional Christmas Nutcracker!

And his present, a Victorian Styled Christmas Chess set, kindly given to him by Private Security Company colleague/rival, Gal Tojiro...yikes...
Reason for the costume? Well it happened to be holiday time and the client this time round made a strange demand for his bodyguards to be dressed for the season, and, this happened.
Spoiler : 3: TheDoctor :
Edgeworth and Ema celebrating Christmas Eve together at Hazakura Temple

Snowy version:

What's this? Edgeworth is wearing a defense attorney badge? And he and Ema are roughly the same age? That's right, these two hail from the Shattered Glass world line.

His present to her:

Note, this present was given just before the photo was taken. :wink:
Spoiler : 4: titleguy1 :
Joshua Patterson, an original character

Mr. Joshua Patterson, 21, is rather happy this Christmas.Not only is winter his favorite time of the year (he had a fondness for the snow), but he's got quite the Christmas present.

Although he is an avid car enthusiast, he has finally purchased his first new car this year! It's also one of those retractable keys with the button if the battery were ever to break, as demonstrated here.
Oooooooh Aaaaaaah

His new car, a Kimura Seiun. It looks expensive (but it really wasn't) and looks quick (eh, this it's more so).

Spoiler : 5: Ann-nna :
Hannah, an original character
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Just for Christmas Hannah decided to compromise herself and give instead of take. The Pink Princess is for Maya and the Steel Samurai is for Edgeworth even if he, more likely than not, possesses every known merchandise. XD
Spoiler : 6: Phoenix ace attorney :
Between two jobs Larry has learned to knit! Here is one of his works! :larry:

And guess who he is going to offer this beautiful hat ?
Spoiler : 7: FenrirDarkWolf :
Fen, an original character
Fen decided to get festive in a... different way this year. By throwing fully-functional Christmas lights on himself, as well as a snazzy green beanie~!
His present is something he thinks his boyfriend would look rather cute with, but he won't give that to him until Christmas day!
Spoiler : 8: Cortonith :
Anca Lightsworn, an original character.
This wasn't Anca's usual outfit, but Anca likes Christmas. Anca do represent Christmas, and she seemed to represent a Christmas elf. Except she lack of a hat due to her hair. Though, Anca received something from her elder sister with such a letter...

"Anca..."

"I know I may have gone into another journey, but I would like to give you this...
This, thing, I made it. I gave you that because I want to admire you as my true sister.
My fate, unlike yours, is already grisly, which I was like a demonic person now.
Who am I? I'm being hunted by the police and military alike...

Remember our memories in the past?
That we became rivals for some reason?
Even we played some competitive games we still fight against each other...
But at least we respect each other as we play, winning or losing...

Don't worry... I really want to see you someday... even I became different than you expect..."

Truly yours, Larissa "Lyka" Lightsworn
(A steel necklace that shows letter "A" with a garnet gem inside the letter)

Anca just received a necklace from her elder sister, Larissa Lightsworn, by mailing the gift to where Anca was, before Lyka (Larissa's nickname) ended into a hostile rampage, to prove their friendship even one is to change. By receiving such a gift, by finding blood in it (and she knows that it was from Lyka), and by realizing Lyka's fate (as Lyka Deathlock), Anca cried.

That gift, became Anca's greatest possessions, she admired the necklace most of the time for her elder sister's fate.
Spoiler : original post :
Oh, Christmas presents! We all love to get them, and we love to give them, but let's be honest. Sometimes figuring out the right gift can be beyond difficult. We all occasionally get those weird awkward presents that none just want to get. Clothes that you're supposed to GROW INTO; disgusting fruit cake; stinky perfume; age inappropriate weird gifts, etc., etc. So, this competition will be a bit different than your usual AAO contest (and I definitely didn't steal this idea from the newest competition on Court-Records.net). Your entry has to consist of two related images. The first one is a sprite (or sheet of sprites) that is visually inspired by Christmas/New Year's Eve/Holiday Season. It may be an OC or a holiday rendition of a canon character. The second component is a present. It may be something your character finds under a Christmas tree or something they want to give to someone else. Will it be a perfect present or an embarrassing one? It's your choice. What's important, said item should be somehow related to your character.

❄In my example above, I had my gift scaled down to size of an evidence box, but that's not mandatory.
❄Giving a short description explaining circumstances behind your choice is highly suggested.
Optionally, you may complement your entry with a holiday-themed background.
ImageRulesImage
❄Only special sprites and graphics made for this comp may be entered. This applies also to the backgrounds. (Sorry, TheDoctor...)
❄Two is company, three's a crowd. You may sprite up to two characters in one entry - one person giving a present to other one is an acceptable submission.
❄The competition runs from the time this is posted until Christmas Day, December 25 December 30. The voting phase will start on New Year's Eve, December 31 2016 and will last one week until January 6 2017.
(In practice, I won't be picky about the exact date and you'll probably have some extra hours until I show up to update the OP) The deadline can be extended if necessary. The deadline has been hereby extended.
❄As long as the submission period lasts, you have the right to update and improve your sprite.
❄If it's possible, please DO NOT use Santa!Larry's sprite as a component. You won't be disqualified for using it, but it's a lazy trick. Be more creative.
ImageSuggestionsImage
❄Tired of Santas and elves? Try to base your entry on your local customs, the more obscure the better. We all come from different parts of the globe and have many different wonderful traditions. Let the world know about them! Don't forget to write a few lines, so we can know what does your sprite represent.
❄Christmas is not your cup of tea? No problem! You may instead draw a sprite inspired by Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Koliada, Dongzhi or any other holiday that is observed around the time of the winter solstice, religious or secular (I know that not all of them are related to the solstice itself, it's just a mental shortcut).

Good luck, have fun and remember – Ganta Claus sees you and knows who's naughty or nice...
Last edited by DarthWiader on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 23 times in total.
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: Official AAO Competition: Jingle All the Way!

Post by SuperAj3 »

I'd enter my CR entry I did for last year's Christmas comp but I'll think of something new XD
(Sorry Klavier x Ema fans)
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
DarthWiader

Post by DarthWiader »

SuperAj3 wrote:I'd enter my CR entry I did for last year's Christmas comp
It would be against the rules, and you'd get coal for that ;).
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Looks like a nice competition! Good luck to all the entrants!
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dr.Cookie Master
Spoken languages: English, very very basic French, learning Spanish.

Post by Dr.Cookie Master »

Fitting theme, and I think I've got an idea already, hah.
“Empty?! You took all the cookies!"
"They were crying to get out of the jar... Cookies get claustrophobia too, you know!”
― Charles M. Schulz
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

My gift to the competition is making it an announcement.

Good luck to the entrants!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Sooon, soooon...
I will do something.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Finished my entry! (Have no clue how to present this all LMAO)
Dez Reyener with his new Misham-brand Graphics Tablet!
ImageImage

It's my OC Dez decked out in some christmas gear!
His present:
ImageImage
ImageImage

A Misham-brand graphics tablet! Gotta love that art! His Secret Santa must've been very kind to score one of these before Misham's scandal was made public!
(The tablet's box was kinda inspired by Drew Misham's outfit XD)
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

OMG he's awesome! He must be really happy with his present :D !
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DarthWiader

Post by DarthWiader »

(The tablet's box was kinda inspired by Drew Misham's outfit XD I might revamp it slightly if I can later)
Nice entry! And that name pun... Good work!
Feel free to revamp it anytime you want and I'll update your submission in the main post - just please notify me to be sure I won't miss it.
— Stanisław Lem
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Thanks! I updated my entry post with the new one (And animated Dez!).
His present:
ImageImageImageImage
Dr.Cookie Master
Spoken languages: English, very very basic French, learning Spanish.

Post by Dr.Cookie Master »

Done with my entry, first sprite i've done for almost 5 years, so excuse me for the poor quality
Manosuke Naitō dressed as a traditional Christmas Nutcracker!

And his present, a Victorian Styled Christmas Chess set, kindly given to him by Private Security Company colleague/rival, Gal Tojiro...yikes...
Reason for the costume? Well it happened to be holiday time and the client this time round made a strange demand for his bodyguards to be dressed for the season, and, this happened.
“Empty?! You took all the cookies!"
"They were crying to get out of the jar... Cookies get claustrophobia too, you know!”
― Charles M. Schulz
Tear
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Tear »

SuperAj3 wrote:Thanks! I updated my entry post with the new one (And animated Dez!).
His present:
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

What's this? Edgeworth is wearing a defense attorney badge? And he and Ema are roughly the same age? That's right, these two hail from the Shattered Glass world line.

His present to her:

Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:

His present to her:

D-did you just ship Edgeworth and Ema?! :shock:
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage