[RESULTS!!] Official AAO Competition: Imperfectly Perfect

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Official AAO Competition: Imperfectly Perfect

Post by Enthalpy »

You're not being here made me the man I am today.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Hawke
Spoken languages: English, German (a little)

Post by Hawke »

Quick question, would any sort of animal count as a character?
Welcome!
My name is Hawke, I'm a teenager that likes Ace Attorney.
Current Projects:
- New Series: Spike Damons - Ace Attorney, Case 1 - ?
- New Project: Overhaul
Thank you for reminding me I'm just a messed up person! That was REEEEAAALLLY helpful...
That's really all that you need to know!

-Hawke
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hawke wrote:Quick question, would any sort of animal count as a character?
Animals can count! Seeing as we've had witnesses like Polly and Orla in official games.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

Alright, since I am a bit serious on the competition, this is my entry (I might lose anyway):
-------------------------------------------
Lorelei Von Brandt
Born from the grand family of Stolf, Lorelei Stolf had dreamed of creating swords in the first place, as she played games that had cool swords. She always drew swords. At the age of 11, Lorelei just did the unbelievable by making a sword by her own. Things go worse as Lorelei burned her hands to crisp, rendering her unable to forge swords at will, and later on, she was then subsequently arrested by the police for the suspicion of killing almost the whole Stolf clan, but her twin Suzanna Stolf. She was then found "Not Guilty" after Soraya Mizumi defended her in the court. However, this doesn't change her fate into good as the Stolf Mansion has been burned into pieces by an unknown arsonist while the trial is still set.

For a blacksmith who lost everything twice, Lorelei restored her habit into making swords on a blacksmith as her hands are restored, but her black-as-charcoal hands still burned within the past fate.
Spoiler : Lorelei (No Background; No Frontground) :
Last edited by Cortonith on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently on massive training. The only way to contact me for now is Discord.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Added to the OP!
(Looks great! Your sprite quality's increased a lot since the last comp! :shock: )
ImageImageImageImage
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

When I debut at the first competition, I was rushed due to the expiration date of the competition.
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

SuperAj3 wrote:
Phoenix ace attorney wrote:Interesting! I already have an idea! I have to try to do it, I just have a question: can we do a sprite of a real person?
You can sprite a real person. As long as if it's someone you know personally they're fine with it.
So celebrities or public figures like Stevie Wonder or Stephen Hawking are out of question?
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

DarthWiader wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Phoenix ace attorney wrote:Interesting! I already have an idea! I have to try to do it, I just have a question: can we do a sprite of a real person?
You can sprite a real person. As long as if it's someone you know personally they're fine with it.
So celebrities or public figures like Stevie Wonder or Stephen Hawking are out of question?
Seeing them in AA style would be cool. They're fine. I was referring to people you know personally. If they're fine with you depicting them then go ahead, but if they aren't then don't.
ImageImageImageImage
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

I believe I would stay original as possible. But using bases OR even frankenspriting (I don't do that lol) as a reference. I admit I may have used Katherine Hall / Tsukasa Oyashiki's as a base.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Just to clarify, I added this to the rules. Celebrities are fine as entries. Sprites based on real people you know personally are fine only if you have their permission (I don't need to see proof, I'll trust you've seeked permission).
SuperAj3 wrote:
  • Celebrities are OK. And if you have people you know personally whom you want to portray in a sprite please make sure they give you their permission before using their likeliness.
ImageImageImageImage
Glen Elg
Spoken languages: English

Post by Glen Elg »

Neat comp concept; as a clarification, are we focusing more on characters who have overcome disabilities, etc., or characters still struggling with them?

So, like
Spoiler : Spirit of Justice: 6-4 and 6-5 :
Uendo Toneido, as opposed to Armie Buff?
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Glen Elg wrote:Neat comp concept; as a clarification, are we focusing more on characters who have overcome disabilities, etc., or characters still struggling with them?

So, like
Spoiler : Spirit of Justice: 6-4 and 6-5 :
Uendo Toneido, as opposed to Armie Buff?
Armie as opposed to Uendo. Showing them overcoming their disability/fear is what I was asking for (hence why I bolded that part in the OP). I was sorta going for a story of triumph. Having a sprite set showing them before and after is also good and can tell a better story.
ImageImageImageImage
clcman

Post by clcman »

Tear wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:That's it. Wrap this thread up. We have a winner.

"Because I'm Batman!"
Must... find... way... to... advertise... HTB!...

Hey, look! A canon character!
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Here's my submission (I may add more later, but this is probably it):

Kenny Chaupe

Kenny was involved in a car crash when he was 7; his mother died in the crash, but he and his father survived. Unfortunately, Kenny lost his eyesight, and he had to struggle to learn how to move around and function. A few years later, he decided to start taking karate classes, despite his blindness. He slowly picked up karate, and in the next 30 years, he became a master at detecting objects through his sense of hearing. He went on to teach karate and other self-defense classes, and has been able to perform almost better than someone with eyesight; he doesn't need his white cane, but he keeps it to let others know he's blind. At 52 years old, he is now one of the best martial artists in LA.
Ann-nna
Spoken languages: English, German

Post by Ann-nna »

Do those who overcame fear with the help of friends count? And by "help" I mean friends did all the work. XD