PW: Contempt of Court - FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Re: PW:CoC - Case 3: Turnabout of the Snow IN PROGRESS

Post by Kroki »

I just played the Haunted Turnabout.
Spoiler : :
Amazing once again omg, you're good at mood. U_U
Image I gotta say I have a problem with this double dude. @_@
Image This weird white square appeared I don't know when and disappeared a few frames later, I believe at the same time the sprite reappeared.
Image This is so freaking funny.
Image This is weird. U_U
Also there is this problem with Snow I already encountered during scapegoat, during investigations his sprites changes when I press "Present" and "Talk" : the tie disappears.

This was brilliant, the hotel is really cool and the murder well thought. I was kinda surprised since I thought till the end that the ghost was the ghost hunter hired by Mapplethorpe or something like that. Detective Snow is the most awesome character omg, he is so himself all the time it's a masterpiece-character.
I was kinda wtf-ed by the "I build a wall in yo night" but well, I guess this is consistent with the "I make a mask with yo face". U_U

I'm not sure about it but didn't Mapplethorpe say that his brother died 3 years ago? If that's right I think it's weird Phoenix never went back on it, noticing something like "Then he told me a lie", that quite disturbed me, I ended up thinking there would be a whole story about it, the ghost being in fact the spirit of the grand father that killed himself three years ago... (was the brother actually even name Thomas in the flashback?)
U_U

The sprites are really good (but what the hell's with the maid's nose when she is like °0° ?! xD)

Brisbane and Snow's chief will appear and be the new smuggling master. Looking forward to that twist.

Also this Castlevania music you used is so inspirational it's crazy! It's like a muse but as a music!
ImageImage Image Image Image
Cardiovore
Spoken languages: English

Post by Cardiovore »

Kroki wrote:I just played the Haunted Turnabout.
Amazing once again omg, you're good at mood. U_U
Image I gotta say I have a problem with this double dude. @_@
Image This weird white square appeared I don't know when and disappeared a few frames later, I believe at the same time the sprite reappeared.
Image This is so freaking funny.
Image This is weird. U_U
Also there is this problem with Snow I already encountered during scapegoat, during investigations his sprites changes when I press "Present" and "Talk" : the tie disappears.

This was brilliant, the hotel is really cool and the murder well thought. I was kinda surprised since I thought till the end that the ghost was the ghost hunter hired by Mapplethorpe or something like that. Detective Snow is the most awesome character omg, he is so himself all the time it's a masterpiece-character.
I was kinda wtf-ed by the "I build a wall in yo night" but well, I guess this is consistent with the "I make a mask with yo face". U_U

I'm not sure about it but didn't Mapplethorpe say that his brother died 3 years ago? If that's right I think it's weird Phoenix never went back on it, noticing something like "Then he told me a lie", that quite disturbed me, I ended up thinking there would be a whole story about it, the ghost being in fact the spirit of the grand father that killed himself three years ago... (was the brother actually even name Thomas in the flashback?)
U_U

The sprites are really good (but what the hell's with the maid's nose when she is like °0° ?! xD)

Brisbane and Snow's chief will appear and be the new smuggling master. Looking forward to that twist.

Also this Castlevania music you used is so inspirational it's crazy! It's like a muse but as a music!
Sorry about the late reply, I've just come back from holiday.
Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it!
Spoiler : Some responses :
This weird white square appeared I don't know when and disappeared a few frames later, I believe at the same time the sprite reappeared.
That should be Maya's face... :S
Image This is weird. U_U
Yeah I know, but that's just what it does.
That's because I cleaned up Snow's sprites since Scapegoat and I'm afraid in some backgrounds in Scapegoat I forgot to add the updated sprites.
Thanks! :D
Yeah I feel I should've explained the "built the wall in the night" part a bit more. Sounds a bit strange now, looking back at it.
U_U
Cedric had two brothers, James and his twin brother Ronald. Ronald was accidentally killed by Thomas, their grandfather, and James died a few years prior to the case.
The ghost of Thomas never existed in the first place, it was just a ruse by Cedric.
Because she wasn't an easy sprite to alter xD
Jumping the gun a little there, aren't you? :|
The track I used was meant to set a "killer's final testimony" kind of mood. I'm doing the same in Case 3 with its killer.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Hi everyone, progress has been slow as of late (this game has become more like just a spare-time side-project these days) but I'm still plodding on through it. Anyway, I'm looking for a voice actor to make an Objection! for my main antagonist. It's not really needed yet, but if anyone's interested it would be greatly appreciated! :)

But beware: You will most likely be spoiled.

Speaking of which, I also realised that Vincenzo from Scapegoat doesn't have his own Objection!, Hold It! and Take That! yet. If anyone also wants to help with doing those, it would be a nice bonus! :)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Hi, great to hear from you and to see TotS is still going =)

Unfortunately, I don't think my voice fits any of the characters you need clips for, but I'm sure you'll find someone.
You can always try the VAA forums if you don't find what you're looking for here.
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Ping' wrote:Hi, great to hear from you and to see TotS is still going =)

Unfortunately, I don't think my voice fits any of the characters you need clips for, but I'm sure you'll find someone.
You can always try the VAA forums if you don't find what you're looking for here.
Thanks! Long time no speak, Ping! :)

Aha don't worry about it, that's exactly why I can't do them either! I have one in mind for the antagonist but I just can't make the voice myself!

Er, the what forums? xD
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

What kind of voice?
ImageImage Image Image Image
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Cardiovore wrote: Er, the what forums? xD
Voice Acting Alliance. I've requested voices there in the past and wasn't disappointed.
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Kroki wrote:What kind of voice?
I'll PM you.

Oh and Ping - Thanks a lot, I'll have a look if all else fails :)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

If the character is female, I can try it. I wouldn't mind spoilers a lot.
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Evolina deLuna wrote:If the character is female, I can try it. I wouldn't mind spoilers a lot.
Sorry, he's male :( But thank you!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Coincidentally, I was replaying Haunted yesterday and I noticed a major bug.
Starting at some point during Snow's third testimony, the court record back button wasn't displaying, rendering me unable to continue. I think the problem is a missing "set _cr_back_button true" command after presenting proof of murderous intent.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Enthalpy wrote:Coincidentally, I was replaying Haunted yesterday and I noticed a major bug.
Starting at some point during Snow's third testimony, the court record back button wasn't displaying, rendering me unable to continue. I think the problem is a missing "set _cr_back_button true" command after presenting proof of murderous intent.
I think I noticed something like that myself a good while back, that must've been it.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind while fixing some blips from the previous two cases.

EDIT: I took your advice Ping', and requested the voice on the VAA forums. Fingers crossed!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Quick update:
Vinnie will no longer share Edgeworth's voice, he now has his own! (Many thanks to Ropfa.)
As I'm going back and tweaking some stuff in the previous cases, which will come altogether with part 1 of Case 3 when I release it, Vinnie's new 'Objection', 'Hold It' and 'Take That' will also be updated.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

(Already posted this on C-R, but thought I might as well put it here too.)

Oh hai. Guess I should explain the long silence...

Second year of illustration at university is REALLY unforgiving, surprisingly so in fact. As such I've had virtually no time to work on Case 3. Progress, if any, is in really small bursts at the moment, but I'm finding it hard to get back the drive to work on it.
Maybe once I relax and get into a routine, I'll be able to find the drive and inspiration to keep working on the case, but for now it's just not happening :|
In terms of where the case is right now, I'm about 2/3 of the way through Part 1.

It's definitely not dead. Just put at minimum priority. Again.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW
Cardiovore

Post by Cardiovore »

Progress on Case 3 (as of 4/12/12)
Story - 95%
Scripting (in comparison to the whole thing) - 35%
Sprites - 70%
Music - 95%
Graphics - 60%
Progress towards part 1/2 - 80%
Current status - Part 1 - Trial, day 2 (latter); "Additional Sequence"

Current status:
Progress on Part 1 has stopped for a little while, as I've realised that I have to plan ahead for Part 2 in order to make sure that the overall case works. So I'm just planning and typing up the entire Part 2 (as a Word document, not as scripting ;P) to ensure that it will all run smoothly.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE NOW