Editor preview and usability testing
True, last news I made was on April 1st and was mostly a joke. Mostly, I say, because the editor screenshot was actually authentic.
Today, I shall prove that to all of you - by releasing a live preview of the V6 editor.
Before giving the link away, there are a few precisions to make.
1. Please don't complain about the following things
Keep in mind this is an early preview, and is far from complete. I upload it here in order to get feedback about the overall interface, but it's unusable at the moment.
Many features are currently missing, including :
- Cross Examinations. The blocks are displayed but the interface is incomplete.
- Investigations. They are currently displayed as normal frames with actions
- Proper custom pose editor for characters (it's currently incomplete and not well designed) and multi-paged contents for evidence
- Deleting characters or evidence
- The Settings, Places and Audio tab aren't implemented.
- Some default court backgrounds (typically, AA4 court) are not available yet.
- Localisation is incomplete. Most notably, default beackgrounds, music and sounds have "weird names", and the action panel is not localised
- And last but not least, Saving or Playtesting are not implemented. In other words, don't try to start an important trial in there, since all your data will be lost the moment you close the editor anyway...
The good point about this is that you can try loading some of your trials and toying around with them in that V6 preview without fear of damaging them
2. Please contribute if you have time
Also, I had mentioned last February that the editor had been accepted by my teachers as part of the UI design project for my school. For this reason, I have to do some usability testing.
Therefore, I ask those of you who have the time and feel like helping to please answer the following questionnaire, before Monday May 9th if possible (my project defence is on that day).
You can answer the questionnaire here
At last, here are the instructions as to how to access the preview.
First, you should update your browser - ideally, Firefox 4 or a recent Chrome (7 or higher). Older browsers like Firefox 3.6 should work (except IE8 and less) but you'll miss out on some fancy effects (:-P) and notice a much slower execution.
Next, make sure you are logged in to AAO, and visit the following page :
This will display an empty trial in the V6 preview, from which you can do pretty much anything.
You can also load your current trials in V6 to see how it goes by using the following link :
- Code : Tout sélectionner
and replacing <Trial_ID> by the ID number of your trial.
For those who don't know, the ID number is the one that can be found at the end of the address you put in links to your trial, which looks like jeu.php?id_proces=<Trial_ID>
Hope you enjoy the update