[T][CE] Turnabout Revolution (phase 3 out!) ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Revolution (phase 3 out!) ○

Post by DarthWiader »

Hey, just wanted to say that due to kiwi6, the music is gone so... yeah.

Rune was right, it REALLY isn't the same without the music.
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Yeah, I noticed that none of my files were working the other day. Apparently it was a site-wide thing? And now it's constantly preventing me from uploading anything new due to "capacity issues". Anyone know what that's about or how I can fix it? Gonna take a while to reupload everything otherwise lest anyone has an alternate hosting solution.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Is it Kiwi6? Apparently it's supposed to be fixed... eventually...
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Google Drive sort of works, although my personal preference is github. No bandwidth limits, the loading speeds seem fairly fast, and you're allowed one free GB of space to work with (I think you can get more if you pay for it).

The only drawback to that method is that it's a little complicated to set up. I'll have to see if I can set up a tutorial or something.

EDIT: Just finished writing a tutorial on it, hope it helps.

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... 37#p724237
Image Image Image
SolMasterzzz

Post by SolMasterzzz »

Wow... the end of part 1 shocked me so deeply I could not continue playing. I thought I could stomach a lot, but apparently I was wrong...
cesar26100
Spoken languages: English-Ingles,Español-Spanish

Post by cesar26100 »

I just finished playing through Phase 3 and...damn, that's one of the biggest cliffhangers I have seen in a case. And doing something like that after one of the hardest confrontations ever...this is probably the most insane trial I have ever played. Still loved it, but...PLEASE tell me that Phase 4 is going to come out someday. This trial NEEDS to have a conclusion, after all the stuff that went on there.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

This will never be finished. Thanks for playing!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Aww. That's disappointing.

Can we get some closure as to what was going to happen in Part 4, at least?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DarthWiader

Post by DarthWiader »

Well... as JC Denton once put it: "What a shame."

And I agree. I'd like to know myself what was going to happen in the finale.
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Yeah, I'll release an outline eventually. I was partway through revising it already anyway.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Ah, that's a real shame. This was my favourite case on the whole site.
Good luck with whatever you're doing from here on out.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Well. This case had a lot of promise, and I would have loved to see how it turned out.

...Is what I'd like to say. But I'll be honest. Due to the circumstances of how this trial came to be about? It was always going to be hard for me to get fully immersed in this case. Because of how angry it made me. As I said a few pages back, I've let bygones be bygones and have reconnected with Gumpei after we spent a whole year not talking to each other. Largely because of this. And that is true. I've done my best to not let it bother me over time. But just because you try to let something go... that doesn't mean you can. That doesn't mean you're not still upset about how everything turned out deep down inside.

I've only told this story to a select few people, but... sometime around.... 2013, I want to say, I heard Sgt. Pepper's song come on the radio. I FLEW OFF THE HANDLE. Because it reminded me of this. I flew off the handle in real life. It would honestly make me physically uncomfortable just to hear this case being discussed in xat or whatever. I have a LOT of feelings about TRev, and basically none of them are about the actual case itself. okay the laughs I get from Kristoph as Red Herring and Apollo as Junior Detective Jones are real

Here's something people don't know. I never saw fit to make this information public, because it never really mattered to me. I was being considered as a collaborator on this case. Gumpei insisted I be pushed out because trios are sloppy. That was fine. That didn't matter to me. What did matter to me, and what made me so angry in the first place was because I felt betrayed. I felt hurt. I felt like all of a sudden I was worth nothing because of Ping's reputation in casemaking. And when you started posting these self-deprecating rants about not getting anything done on the case? I was outraged. TRev was important enough to you to leave me out to dry for. But it wasn't important enough to actually work on. What kind of message did that send about my worth to you?

It did not help at all that there were tensions between me and my other collaborator, Truf (And nothing I'm going to say about him here is intended to throw him under the bus. I've talked to him, we've buried that hatchet, but I'd be lying if I said all the damage was just magically fixed when we had that conversation. Hell, nothing I'm saying here is throwing YOU under the bus. You know we still talk, and that's not going to stop. But I kind of need to talk about how I feel about all this.) It didn't help that my mom was on her way out of my life because an older man she met was more important to her than her children. I was at a point in my life when I really needed someone to have my back. And you didn't. In spite of everything we went through together, in spite of how much we suffered together, and despite how TQT was in it's own way a memento of all of those times, this was more important to you. And I just couldn't overlook that, however selfish some people may think that is. Some people will say I should have been more happy for you. And maybe those people are right. In which case I can only apologize for not being a perfectly selfless being. I'm not perfect and I can't control the way I feel. And I felt very hurt about all of this. All of this is why I latch onto Tap so badly. He cared about my desire to write trials in a time when nobody else really did. Truf didn't, and you sure didn't. You might have said you did a lot in that time, but your actions spoke louder than your words in that regard.

I've said countless times I've tried to move past it all. I even TOLD people "oh it's all good now I'm back to making things at normal." And none of that is honestly true. Maybe I was trying to, but the trauma of having the two people I trusted with these respective projects more than anything did impact my ability to write. The day Truf decided TAS with a solo gig was the same day I stopped making any sort of progress on HSH. I lost my smile, so to speak. Sure, I did a few minor things here and there, but never to the level of 1000 frames a day. To this day I have struggled to find the motivation and the drive to really care about something with two of my biggest dreams being crushed one right after the other. Like I said, I don't hold any grudges on any front. I try not to and me bringing this all up isn't intended to stir any bad blood. But if there's to be any sort of finality about this... I can't just NOT talk about how TRev makes me feel, and this is how it makes me feel.

I mentioned Ping earlier. I have no idea if he's reading this. I have no idea if he ever will. But when I was PMing him my thoughts about the case and probably a few other occasions, I recall being fairly venomous and passive aggressive at times. I even recall getting straight angry at thinks he said that weren't even offensive. And if he's reading this, I'd like to apologize for that. I did sort of blame you for this whole mess I was suddenly in. And anybody who I was even slightly upset with during this time was going to get a piece of it, that's just the way it was back then. It doesn't excuse it, but I am sorry for being a psuedojerk to you.

And in the end? It... it does upset me that I felt all that anger. All that pain. All that frustration. All for a trial that wouldn't ever be completed. Before I blocked you on Skype, one of the last things I said to you was something along the lines of "So... you're taking a break. And how long is this break going to last?" You understandably got upset with me, but I was right to doubt you, wasn't I? All this time gone by, and still nothing. We went through all this frustration. And it was all for nothing.

Like I clarified several times. I'm not mad. At you, Truf, or Ping. But I am a little... disappointed it all turned out this way. I've been trying to let go of all the hate I felt for about three years now, it would be silly to start it up all over again. But it's also as I said, I can't control how I feel. And I'm disappointed this is all those events produced.

So. There you have it. A summary of all of the emotions this case, and it's cancellation, makes me feel. And none of them are about the case itself. All of them are about how it complicated my relationship with someone who was, and still is, my best friend.

Am I pathetic to feel this way? Am I petty? Am I a bad friend? That's all up to your interpretation, it really doesn't bother me what you think. This post was made to express myself, not to justify myself, and as stated numerous times, I'm not attacking anybody in it.

I don't even know how to end this train of thought. So I guess I'll just end it there.

EDIT: Okay, I guess I do know. There was a time I went around telling a lot of people you were someone who valued recognition and fame over friendship, due to my feelings on this matter. Obviously I know that not to be the case anymore. But it's because I don't know that anymore that I'd like to apologize for and retract that accusation.

EDIT #2: I suppose it also doesn't matter if I tell people I was planned to assist in writing the final chapter once I stopped being mad at Gumpei. Which... would have been something, but at the same time? I don't think it would have REALLY done much to make things right in the first place. TRev was never mine. It was never supposed to be. And that's the way it should have been. If I was meant to be on this case, I'd have been on it from day one. But it's far too late to change that, and that's just the way it is.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Audio's fixed.
DarthWiader

Post by DarthWiader »

I'll say this though, it was a ride from beginning to finish. Come Hell or Highwater, I'm definitely going to play any other projects you may have ready for the future.

Feel like I'm beginning to repeat myself so I won't do that again.
— Stanisław Lem
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

I'm just waiting for the reveal that phase 4 is actually being done and this is all just a troll