Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 6

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 2 RESULTS

Post by Sleuth »

Wackyman wrote:I nervously hovered over the link for a few seconds praying that I wouldn't get Love Live!.

Glad my prayers were answered.
soooooo clooooose.

i was honestly hoping Lind would get it.

oh and i got steins;gate that's cool i guess.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

What a disappointment. I was hoping for Love Live.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

We were all hoping for love live.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

Wanna trade?
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

FINALLY managed to start Nodame Cantabile, no thanks to Nyaa being DDOS'd, screwing up my attempts to download it for the last two weeks. With all of three days to spare, but honestly, I'm probably going to blitz through this. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Also, Nodame is perfect. I want one.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 3???

Post by gotMLK7 »

Round 2 ends today, but I'll go ahead and ask due to interest. Do we want to just move on to round 3 now, or do we want to extend the time period on round 2? A lot of people forgot or didn't start their shows or such, and even I only got about 3 episodes into Tsuritama. What say you all? Extend the date back a week to next Wednesday (PST), or just cut it here and move on to see how it goes?
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 3???

Post by Lind »

gotMLK7 wrote:Round 2 ends today, but I'll go ahead and ask due to interest. Do we want to just move on to round 3 now, or do we want to extend the time period on round 2? A lot of people forgot or didn't start their shows or such, and even I only got about 3 episodes into Tsuritama. What say you all? Extend the date back a week to next Wednesday (PST), or just cut it here and move on to see how it goes?
I personally wouldn't mind either way - I keep four shows running at all times, and the only reason Nodame got delayed was because my usual source was down. But I'd be fine with a little extra time to finish as well.
gotMLK7

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 3

Post by gotMLK7 »

It's been a week and one person chimed in so I think it's safe to assume we've watched about as much as we feel we would at this point. I believe now's a good time to move on to the next round and see how that turns out.

I only got through 3 episodes of Tsuritama, for the record. I wanted to watch more but it just wasn't the time or place for me. What I saw was okay. Characters were okay, art style was okay, dub acting was fairly medium for Sentai with a notably weak performance from Clint Bickham but some fun from Josh Grelle. I may return to it in the future but for now I think I'll let it sit on the shelf for a while. OP's great, though.

Anyway, I believe it's time to move on to ROUND 3!

And for round 3, I am putting in the sci-fi reimagining of the classic novel by Alexandre Dumas. It's Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Because that virus I mentioned in my sprite thread screwed all my files, I'm still on episode 12 of Nodame. Loving it so far, though. Will post a detailed opinion once circumstances finally allow me to finish the damn thing.

In the meantime, I nominate Kaiba. Be warned - while it isn't sexually explicit, it is sexually implicit and sometimes disturbing. Not to the degree that it breaks rule 2, but if this sounds like something you'd rather avoid then please mention so.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

I've been keeping this one in my back pocket for a while for recommendation, but other things kept popping up that I thought would be more interesting or I thought more people needed to see. So I'll be tossing in Gunslinger Girl. This one is pretty close to my heart as my 4th anime, with a pretty stellar band know as the Delgados doing the OP. Hope you'll enjoy.

As for a short review of Gatchaman, I'll say I liked it. I think it's a show that you watch for it's characters rather than it's story, as it's actually pretty philosophical for a show that's really similar to Power Rangers. Which isn't a bad thing at all. I's soundtrack is amazing, so much so that I'd declare it better than it's OP or ED. It just gets me pumped whenever I start hearing the "Gatchamaaaaaannnnn" playing in the BG. So would I recommend it? Yes.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Only got about 4 episodes of Last Exile, and while I think the show had a lot of great qualities, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I might give it another shot at a later time though.

And since it seems multiple people didn't finish the last round, I assume it is okay to take part of this round. Well then, I will have to recommend Yu-gi-oh Season 0 because I recently finished it with my girlfriend and we both want to fly at higher game.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

OP updated accordingly. Keep'em coming, folks.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

For the record that's a link to the Love Live OP. It's available with both seasons in dub now so hey guess there's something new to it. Putting it in.

I actually kinda want to watch it so joke's on you folks.

Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

I'm in~ My recommendation will be Ghost Hound.