Charmed

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Charmed

Post by Holhol »

I am human and I need to be loved;
Just like everybody else does

~~~~~
Charmed is an outstanding series that ran from October 7, 1998 through May 21, 2006 (eight seasons), as well as a book series and an ongoing comic series. The show is about witches - the "Charmed Ones" - and has a blend of both fairytale and mythological elements to it. The Charmed Ones (Piper, Phoebe, Prue [1-3], and Paige [4-8] Halliwell) are powerful witches, and are destined to save innocents, as well as fighting off demons, warlocks, and any other evil creature.

The show is highly entertaining, has the perfect mix of comedy and drama, and the writing is superb. It definitely deserves checking out. The only bad part is that they don't make new episodes, so they aren't aired in chronological order. Luckily, it's rather easy to catch up with.

You can watch full episodes on T.V. (I know, here in the United States, TNT has full episodes weekdays at 6 & 7 AM CST, and WE TV airs episodes at 3 & 4 PM CST), TNT's website, or on Netflix. I'm also pretty sure you can find the seasons at your local library if you start digging around.

Really, check it out. It's amazing.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Shino
Spoken languages: English, Squid

Re: Charmed

Post by Shino »

Oh my gosh I used to love watching this show. I'm going to go visit that website and go watch it again!
(It sounds like just making it through the night is a miracle in it's own right...)
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Used to love watching this show with my mom and sister.

I'd like to note that if any of you are Whedonites who haven't watched this, you're missing out.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Gumpei wrote:I'd like to note that if any of you are Whedonites who haven't watched this, you're missing out.
<__< This makes me tempted to write up a fangirl rant.

Ami

Post by Ami »

I can say that I understand why this show is liked- it's got some good writing. However, I dunno why I don't like it. I recommend it to those that haven't watched it.
since 2008!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Quick question: Do you have to read the books/comic series in order to understand the show?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Ami wrote:I can say that I understand why this show is liked- it's got some good writing. However, I dunno why I don't like it. I recommend it to those that haven't watched it.
... Are you saying you think it's likable but you don't like it?
GuardianDreamer wrote:Quick question: Do you have to read the books/comic series in order to understand the show?
No. In fact, the comics pretty much continue where Season 8 ended (in fact, it's called Charmed Season 9, and they're making a Season 10). I'm not familiar with the book series that much, but you don't need to read them at all to understand the show.

If you plan on watching the series out of order, basic knowledge of the characters might be helpful. Other than that, you got everything you need.

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Holhol wrote:
Gumpei wrote:I'd like to note that if any of you are Whedonites who haven't watched this, you're missing out.
It's entirely true. Much of Charmed speaks of being inspired by Whedon's work, and the Whedonites I know are also big fans of Charmed. :P It's just got a similar style.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Gumpei wrote:
Holhol wrote:
It's entirely true. Much of Charmed speaks of being inspired by Whedon's work, and the Whedonites I know are also big fans of Charmed. :P It's just got a similar style.
Actually, most Whedonites I know despise Charmed because "Zomg it's a little quirky and it's not Buffy." In fact, Whedon himself makes jabs at the show. It's all really annoying. The shows are entirely different.
Example: Charmed has likable characters.

Ami

Post by Ami »

Holhol wrote:
Ami wrote:I can say that I understand why this show is liked- it's got some good writing. However, I dunno why I don't like it. I recommend it to those that haven't watched it.
... Are you saying you think it's likable but you don't like it?
Right. It's like when I say that Street Fighter is a good fighter series, but I'm not much for it. Hell, I hear a lot of horror movies are good, and I really don't like going into the horror genre that often. I even like a lot of Whedon's work. I'm not a fan of Charmed, I've seen quite a few episodes, and I never liked it.
since 2008!