[E] change graphic interface

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Re: [E] change graphic interface

Post by energizerspark »

One for V7, then?
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Not even for V7, I think :-P
Not worth it. Rearranging elements on the page for each trial would only serve in confusing the player and bring nothing useful in my opinion.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Post by Exedeb »

....Naaaah.
Oh well. I hope You can do something.
Ah, and Unas...
Spoiler : :
What about trial backups?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Regarding backups, I would suggest that you take a look at the V6 beta manager ( http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/V6_Test/manager.php ) and you might find your answers ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Unas wrote:Regarding backups, I would suggest that you take a look at the V6 beta manager ( http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/V6_Test/manager.php ) and you might find your answers ;-)
Spoiler : :
Fantastic!
But can I ask You something?
1) Can I duplicate my case?
2) How can I use these backups?
3) Should I convert my game in V6? I'm a bit worried.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Exedeb wrote:1) Can I duplicate my case?
Go to edit your trial in the trial manager V6, in the backup management area.
There, click on "Save current version as a new backup".
It will create a manual backup for your trial file, which is still in V5 format.
Exedeb wrote:2) How can I use these backups?
In the V6 manager, just click the "Open in editor" button next to a backup, and it will... open in the editor.
From there, it works as usual : when you save, it will store what you see in the editor into the trial file, and save the previous state of the trial into an automatic backup.

Restoring the V5 trial might be a little more tricky though, I guess you'd still have to ask me to restore the backup manually.
Exedeb wrote:3) Should I convert my game in V6? I'm a bit worried.
If you're really worried, I'd say not yet ?
But don't forget you can also keep a copy of your trial file on your own computer just in case. When in the save tab in the V5 editor, click "Save test", and copy the data from the big text field into a .txt file on your computer.
ImageImageImage
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Unas wrote:
Exedeb wrote:1) Can I duplicate my case?
Go to edit your trial in the trial manager V6, in the backup management area.
There, click on "Save current version as a new backup".
It will create a manual backup for your trial file, which is still in V5 format.
Exedeb wrote:2) How can I use these backups?
In the V6 manager, just click the "Open in editor" button next to a backup, and it will... open in the editor.
From there, it works as usual : when you save, it will store what you see in the editor into the trial file, and save the previous state of the trial into an automatic backup.

Restoring the V5 trial might be a little more tricky though, I guess you'd still have to ask me to restore the backup manually.
Exedeb wrote:3) Should I convert my game in V6? I'm a bit worried.
If you're really worried, I'd say not yet ?
But don't forget you can also keep a copy of your trial file on your own computer just in case. When in the save tab in the V5 editor, click "Save test", and copy the data from the big text field into a .txt file on your computer.
You've convinced me.
I have more than 4000 scripts to delete but I wasn't sure if remove them or not...
Anyway I saved with a manual backup and copied the data from text field.
Thank You, let's see how it will finish.
UPDATE:
I Updated my case removed more than 4000 scripts.
Anyway I don't know why but many sounds and musics don't work...
UPDATE X2:
Fixed.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Unas wrote:Wow wow wow, wait a minute !
I've never mentioned anything about letting people completely redesign the player xD

I intend to make the interface colours and pictures customisable, but letting authors completely rearrange the player would be taking things to another, much more complex level ^^

You gotta admit it was a nice attempt though!

...But I'd still like to have an official styling of the whole page. That can be done easily without relying on browser plugins can it? :X