[Bug][P][✓] Intro Convo Only Psyche Lock Location Transfer

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

[Bug][P][✓] Intro Convo Only Psyche Lock Location Transfer

Post by Enthalpy »

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 28.0
Links:
V5 Link
V6 Link

Description:

This glitch is a bizarre one. Suppose that Location X has frames in the psyche-lock introductory conversation, but not the psyche-lock overview. If Location X has a move command to a later location, or has no move commands...
* All locations before and including X will de-activate the "forward" button when you access move, if they have available locations. This can only be fixed by going onto a frame that sets an action. Another location cannot be selected at this time.
* All locations after X will, when you attempt to access move, display a blank frame and then start to the frame immediately after the investigation scene.

Not attempted in a v6-native trial.

How to reproduce?:

Play a v5 trial in v6 with the conditions specified in description. The glitch may be active in v6-native trials as well, but this has not yet been tested.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Bug][P] Intro Convo Only Psyche Lock Location Transfer

Post by Unas »

To be honest, I didn't really get what the bug was when playing your sample trial, but when looking at it in the V6 editor it's a lot clearer.

Scene 3 (the one with locks) is badly imported, and scene 4's structure (the one after) isn't even imported, it remains as a flat set of frames with a bunch of legacy V5 actions...
So it definitely is a bug in the conversion process. I have an idea why it may happen, I'll investigate.

EDIT : well, tricky one. It was easy to see why it went wrong, but not so easy to design a fix. This is the kind of bugs that remind me of why it's good that V5 will soon just be a bad memory : the V5 trial structure and save/load process is so messed up, it took me 3 hours to find out how to replicate this weird behaviour in the converter...
Anyway, the fix is done on my development version and will be uploaded to the site soon.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Bug][P] Intro Convo Only Psyche Lock Location Transfer

Post by Unas »

This should be fixed now.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )