[M] A Little Piece of Healing ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

[M] A Little Piece of Healing ●

Post by risefromtheashes »

A Little Piece of Healing
A mini-case by risefromtheashes. Inspired in part by Apples and Oranges and Gloria in Somnium.

We had a little moment of inspiration. We've seen a lot of stories lately about children going through abuse, and ourselves have faced abuse many times in our life, so we wanted to put something cathartic, but ultimately sweet, out there.
While we very much drew from our personal experiences when writing this, we fictionalized some of the details so as to not publicly release a one-to-one representation of our real-life trauma. But please know that we know the subject matter of this case personally and intimately.

Play here.

Some weirdly phrased lines of dialogue will make more sense your second time playing.

Comments are appreciated.
Last edited by risefromtheashes on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
DeathByAutoscroll
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M] A Little Piece of Healing

Post by DeathByAutoscroll »

Spoiler : Thoughts :
I like how this is done from Athenas perspective, looking in at a representation of yourself, with Belle and Flora being (I assume) Princess and Ashley. Analysing from an outside perspective helps to showcase and process the therapy without overwhelming someone playing the case, unlike seeing the raw emotions with cases such as (highlight to see) super scary comp entry snippets and Outside the Court comp entry Gloria in Somnium.
Last edited by DeathByAutoscroll on Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thrower of bricks.

Co-host of the Into the Takumi-verse case compeition.

Stuff I've made in 2 weeks:
The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

Cases I have collabed on:
Don't Resort to a Turnabout (W.I.P)
Trucy's Magical Catastrophe
That time I got reincarnated as a fictional Defence Lawyer in An Ace Attorney fangame and had to defend myself against incredibly unfair odds.

Stuff I've made by myself that is good:
...maybe in the future.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Short, yet effective.
Image Image
MasqueradeDemure

Post by MasqueradeDemure »

Very good and poignant for it's short length. I love <3
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

This was rather nice~ No reason not to play it when it's only 10 to 15 minutes as well.
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
clcman

Post by clcman »

A touching little short story with some heartfelt self-reflection and a smartly used gameplay mechanic to put the player in the mindset the author wants them to be in.

It may be a little confusing for someone who doesn't have much context or know relevant terminology, but it is short and simple enough that they will probably get the gist of it regardless.
A Less BASEic Turnabout Part 1 is now in beta. Stand by for further orders.

What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Re: [M] A Little Piece of Healing ●

Post by ikuzonos »

played this through, really loved it. it's one of those things that you finish and think "yeah, i needed to hear that." great stuff, especially in such a short story.