Annoyed about something? RANT!

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Re: Annoyed about something? RANT!

Post by 123fendas »

Wow, my English teacher generalized British people too much today... And Americans, too.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

As usual, rant is behind the tag.
Spoiler : hey hey remember friend a from last year well he's back and stuff :
THAT'S RIGHT HE'S BACK, AND WORSE THAN EVER

i'd say better than ever but meh

So Friend A. Tensions between him and another in our marching band section came to a head last night, and it ended with him moving forward in the bus, never to return. For the 5 minutes of the bus ride we had left. So, why does this particular incident matter? Because it made me realize something about Friend A.

You see, I've been friends on and off with him since the second grade. And what I've noticed goes back to the fifth. In fifth grade, this person had a sort of elementary level mid-life crisis. Sounds amusing, and in hindsight, it is, but it was very distressing for me at the time. I think I ranted about that earlier in this thread (don't go looking for it i was like 10 at the time please don't). During this crisis thingy, his anger, so to speak, was fixated on one person. That person, as far as I know, did nothing beyond being a stupid elementary schooler, but something must have riled Friend A up, because he would get very angry about that person. Very, very angry. As in "contemplating suicide" angry.

(i doubt he would ever commit suicide i mean seriously it's fifth grade)

(well actually i've heard stories about fourth gr - wait there's a rant going on crap)

So I sort of broke off from Friend A for the next two years, and gradually drifted back towards him in eighth grade. Then, in freshman year, he and Friend A had their incident which I also ranted about earlier in this thread. In sophomore year (current times that is) Friend A took his hatred efforts to the marching band. That is, a certain person in the marching band, mentioned at the beginning of the rant.

Starting to notice a pattern?

Friend A fixates on one person to focus his hatred every year I've known him the best. He constantly badmouths this person in front of other people behind their back, so that everyone knows his relationship is one of terror. Of course, he wants to be sympathized with, but he does this with such frequency and verve that you can't help but think "Man, is this really that bad a person?" Three things are important in this cycle - one, it's always for a petty reason, two, the other person never returns the feelings, and three, it disappears after the year.

The petty reason for fifth grade was described previously. Freshman year with Friend B was for the same reason. Now, it's even pettier.

Friend A thinks that this person will ruin his chances of gaining favor with the marching band director so that he can become drum major senior year. Allow me to reiterate - he wants to be drum major so bad that he will badmouth other people behind their back for attitude problems that are not as bad as he thinks they are.

Wow.

The reason I'm posting this here is because he probably won't listen to me. But I needed to get some frustration out.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
TheReaper
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by TheReaper »

What's the deal with airline food?
It's not really from the airline,
And it's not really food.

(I'm surprised if I don't get censored, usually forums I go to really seem to hate bad jokes.)
123fendas

Post by 123fendas »

I don't think censoring is commonplace over here.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Good! Then I've finally found a forum that isn't gonna censor every bad joke I make, I mean really, all the forums I go to are so full of crap, it's like, "oh no this is meant to be a serious thread, BANNED"
Or "How dare you say something that slightly offends me because I'm an airline! BANNED" Srsly, they all get offended, and they all get mad with the little power they have in their lives, just let people live, and stop making people feel bad by banning them from your forum! If anyone here has a forum, don't ban people for simply being slightly annoying! It's really annoying! And that would therefore mean you have to ban yourself too! I hate it when I get banned for criticizing the work of someone when it's bad, I'm tired of getting banned for slipping bad jokes into serious threads, I'm tired of getting banned for saying I'm superior to all (Though that one isn't exactly true...) And I'm tired of being banned simply because someone doesn't like me! Finally, I think I like this thread, it's like speaking to a psychotherapist, except everyone can hear how much you hate stuff!
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Don't worry. Around these parts, the punishment for insulting airline food--the most holy and sacred of all the foods--is death by slow, agonizing torture.

Not censorship. :)
123fendas

Post by 123fendas »

Today, the substitute teacher got angry at me for ALMOST no reason. I'm a good boy :/
And my Swedish teacher seriously wants us to sing old songs because she likes them. I'm not sure we're supposed to do that. And our Swedish homework? Watch fricking tv! What about the people that don't have a tv!? Going to school in Sweden is supposed to be free, and if I recall correctly, the teacher wants this "homework" to be "secret".
And we talk all class sometimes. I kind of don't mind, but this is school, not... Idk.

PS. I might edit this more when I'm on the computer, I'm writing this on my phone :april:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I love pre-ordering games, especially when I waited a long-ass time for it, and when the game arrives, the only thing there is is the box that contains the game, it arrives empty, nothing inside of it, just the box, and that right there, is bullshit, and I'm gonna have to get a refund for it.
123fendas

Post by 123fendas »

TheReaper wrote:I love pre-ordering games, especially when I waited a long-ass time for it, and when the game arrives, the only thing there is is the box that contains the game, it arrives empty, nothing inside of it, just the box, and that right there, is bullshit, and I'm gonna have to get a refund for it.
Whaaaat? That's crazy. :judge:
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

F*** VHDL.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I really hate fireworks.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
RiksKing
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, Little bit German & French

Post by RiksKing »

Spoiler : Very Long Rant Inside :
This is something probably no one can relate to, but typing it out is maybe exactly what I need for this.
I play in a football team, (or soccer for you Americans) and I was always the right wing back (I believe that's what it's called). In the span of three years, three goalkeepers left the club, leaving our team without a goalkeeper. I played in team C1 at the time. Now I don't think anyone cares, but I'll explain the way the teamsystem works here. Heck, it might even be this way everywhere.

The letter is for one specific age group. The older you get, the "lower" your letter will be, with A being the lowest. (After A you move on to only numbers)
The number basically mentions your skill. The lower your number, the better you supposedly are.

I don't claim to have been a high quality right wing back, but I had (and still have) a strong will power to always do better.
Then that goalkeeper issue came up, about one and a half year ago, and because I always, and still do, enjoyed goalkeeping, I and another guy got volunteered for the position. In the end, I got it. (Still pretty sure the reason was we couldn't miss the other guy in the field rather than me being the better goalkeeper, but that aside...) There was about half a season left and I didn't play that well. It was pretty understandable because I was new to the role etc. but still. In the selection for the B-Teams next year, I told my coach I wanted to keep on goalkeeping.

While appreciated, I got in team B2. This still sounds pretty good, but our club doesn't have that many players so there were only two B teams. The guys I've played with for about 8 years all moved on to the B1 team. I was kind of upset at the time, but I could understand it because I really didn't play well last season, I was still new to the role and stuff like that.

In B2, I basically experienced my favourite season yet. We lost a lot of games, but it didn't really matter. We played serious in matches, we had some good fun on training. I had my all-time favourite coach and he helped me improve a lot. I played some really good games that first half of the season.

Meanwhile in B1, their goalkeeper didn't play so well. Their coach, who was the one who picked him over me at the time, sometimes asked me to train with those guys. The players there found me to have surpassed the B1 keeper and the coach said to me: "I'll see you in B1 next year."

It was still half a year away for the new team selection. I didn't play as well as the first half of the season, which may have been due to motivation issues from the whole team, but it was still average. Then July 2015 came around, which is when the new teams have to be selected. Most of the guys I befriended or were already very good friends of mine would move on to the A teams. Even some of the players who were still supposed to play in the B teams moved to the A because of a lack of players. I found this to be a shame, because I really enjoyed playing with them, but oh well. My 2 coaches filled in on the form that I'd go to B1, and with regards to what my old coach had said, plus the fact that there were only 2 players he could choose from, I thought it'd be fine.

What happened? He took a player who isn't even allowed to play in the B teams yet (He's too young) and left me and the other goalkeeper for B2. This was such a big slap in the face for me. When I asked what his reason was he said: "I think 'Name' has a better chance to play in the 1st team later than you."

Aside from being incredibly rude, there are some things wrong with this:

1. That guy is 14 years old right now. He won't play in the 1st team until he's atleast 18. That's 4 years away. A lot can happen in 4 years, he might even leave the club like 3 other goalkeepers already did.
2. Dude, you haven't even played friendly matches with us both. You just took him in. How the hell would you know he'd get in the 1st team later and I won't? Now don't get me wrong here. The guy is actually a good goalkeeper, but you should test something like this first. Not just take the guy and leave the one you basically promised to get there behind.
3. What happened to what you said last season huh? This is the first time I've seriously felt/got betrayed by anyone ever.

You'd think the drama would stop there, but it just got started. Because there were 2 options to choose from and he took neither, me and that guy are now on the same team. Two goalkeepers. This doesn't work. I know it isn't his fault or my new coach's fault, but it doesn't work. I now have to play one match in the goal, one match in the field. It's incredibly stupid.

And because all my friends moved from the B to the A because of the lack of players, I now find myself in a team who are all around 1 and a half years younger than I am. They're all very nice, but the difference in skill is really noticable. Aside from maybe 2 players nobody even takes the matches seriously. Not even our new coach/trainer takes the matches seriously. I. Do. Not. Like. That. A joke is fun and all, but not the whole training long. It's demoralizing.

My old teammates who now play in the A would love to have me back, and I share that feeling. They've asked their coach (Who is actually my second favourite coach I've ever had, I really like that guy.) but because he's actually competent and respects the rules it's sadly not possible.

While I do love goalkeeping, I've started to hate the club I play at. I'm seriously contemplating to transfer to our biggest rival. Sad thing is is that the team I'd get there is also not fun to play in, so that's not really a thing just yet, but if the team continues like this I might just do that. I don't care about my club anymore, and I wouldn't want to get into B1 anymore even if they paid me. I basically hate the coach for reasons above, and I don't think anyone can blame me. The only team I'd love to play in right now is the A. That might be the only reason I'm staying here. Next year I should get with my friends from 1 year ago again, and if the coach suddenly considers me to be actually better than the keeper I've talked about already, I don't stand in for the consequences. I just want to play in a fun team, not in the best. Until next year, football will probably a deep hellhole.

Wow. That turned out to be waaaaaayyy longer than expected, but typing it all out makes me feel relieved.
--Captivated by Persona 4--
123fendas

Post by 123fendas »

RiksKing wrote:
Spoiler : Very Long Rant Inside :
This is something probably no one can relate to, but typing it out is maybe exactly what I need for this.
I play in a football team, (or soccer for you Americans) and I was always the right wing back (I believe that's what it's called). In the span of three years, three goalkeepers left the club, leaving our team without a goalkeeper. I played in team C1 at the time. Now I don't think anyone cares, but I'll explain the way the teamsystem works here. Heck, it might even be this way everywhere.

The letter is for one specific age group. The older you get, the "lower" your letter will be, with A being the lowest. (After A you move on to only numbers)
The number basically mentions your skill. The lower your number, the better you supposedly are.

I don't claim to have been a high quality right wing back, but I had (and still have) a strong will power to always do better.
Then that goalkeeper issue came up, about one and a half year ago, and because I always, and still do, enjoyed goalkeeping, I and another guy got volunteered for the position. In the end, I got it. (Still pretty sure the reason was we couldn't miss the other guy in the field rather than me being the better goalkeeper, but that aside...) There was about half a season left and I didn't play that well. It was pretty understandable because I was new to the role etc. but still. In the selection for the B-Teams next year, I told my coach I wanted to keep on goalkeeping.

While appreciated, I got in team B2. This still sounds pretty good, but our club doesn't have that many players so there were only two B teams. The guys I've played with for about 8 years all moved on to the B1 team. I was kind of upset at the time, but I could understand it because I really didn't play well last season, I was still new to the role and stuff like that.

In B2, I basically experienced my favourite season yet. We lost a lot of games, but it didn't really matter. We played serious in matches, we had some good fun on training. I had my all-time favourite coach and he helped me improve a lot. I played some really good games that first half of the season.

Meanwhile in B1, their goalkeeper didn't play so well. Their coach, who was the one who picked him over me at the time, sometimes asked me to train with those guys. The players there found me to have surpassed the B1 keeper and the coach said to me: "I'll see you in B1 next year."

It was still half a year away for the new team selection. I didn't play as well as the first half of the season, which may have been due to motivation issues from the whole team, but it was still average. Then July 2015 came around, which is when the new teams have to be selected. Most of the guys I befriended or were already very good friends of mine would move on to the A teams. Even some of the players who were still supposed to play in the B teams moved to the A because of a lack of players. I found this to be a shame, because I really enjoyed playing with them, but oh well. My 2 coaches filled in on the form that I'd go to B1, and with regards to what my old coach had said, plus the fact that there were only 2 players he could choose from, I thought it'd be fine.

What happened? He took a player who isn't even allowed to play in the B teams yet (He's too young) and left me and the other goalkeeper for B2. This was such a big slap in the face for me. When I asked what his reason was he said: "I think 'Name' has a better chance to play in the 1st team later than you."

Aside from being incredibly rude, there are some things wrong with this:

1. That guy is 14 years old right now. He won't play in the 1st team until he's atleast 18. That's 4 years away. A lot can happen in 4 years, he might even leave the club like 3 other goalkeepers already did.
2. Dude, you haven't even played friendly matches with us both. You just took him in. How the hell would you know he'd get in the 1st team later and I won't? Now don't get me wrong here. The guy is actually a good goalkeeper, but you should test something like this first. Not just take the guy and leave the one you basically promised to get there behind.
3. What happened to what you said last season huh? This is the first time I've seriously felt/got betrayed by anyone ever.

You'd think the drama would stop there, but it just got started. Because there were 2 options to choose from and he took neither, me and that guy are now on the same team. Two goalkeepers. This doesn't work. I know it isn't his fault or my new coach's fault, but it doesn't work. I now have to play one match in the goal, one match in the field. It's incredibly stupid.

And because all my friends moved from the B to the A because of the lack of players, I now find myself in a team who are all around 1 and a half years younger than I am. They're all very nice, but the difference in skill is really noticable. Aside from maybe 2 players nobody even takes the matches seriously. Not even our new coach/trainer takes the matches seriously. I. Do. Not. Like. That. A joke is fun and all, but not the whole training long. It's demoralizing.

My old teammates who now play in the A would love to have me back, and I share that feeling. They've asked their coach (Who is actually my second favourite coach I've ever had, I really like that guy.) but because he's actually competent and respects the rules it's sadly not possible.

While I do love goalkeeping, I've started to hate the club I play at. I'm seriously contemplating to transfer to our biggest rival. Sad thing is is that the team I'd get there is also not fun to play in, so that's not really a thing just yet, but if the team continues like this I might just do that. I don't care about my club anymore, and I wouldn't want to get into B1 anymore even if they paid me. I basically hate the coach for reasons above, and I don't think anyone can blame me. The only team I'd love to play in right now is the A. That might be the only reason I'm staying here. Next year I should get with my friends from 1 year ago again, and if the coach suddenly considers me to be actually better than the keeper I've talked about already, I don't stand in for the consequences. I just want to play in a fun team, not in the best. Until next year, football will probably a deep hellhole.

Wow. That turned out to be waaaaaayyy longer than expected, but typing it all out makes me feel relieved.
Hmm... I remember when I was around 9 years old and used to play football/soccer. Our school class had a little football/soccer group. But after a while, most people left our team and went on to more advanced teams because they were better than us. Until only losers were playing in our team, and we were so few we even had to take in other people.

Just a little experience in my life. I don't know what to say about it, I don't have an opinion about it.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

I don't have the textbook I need for one class two weeks in, and I'm potentially starting a new one (due to not being able to do the final project for the course I intended to take) and don't have the book for that either. That's just fantastic. At least for the class I'm starting the first three chapters will be available online.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Post by energizerspark »

Spoiler : meh :
it'd really be nice if my friends took me seriously once in a while instead of treating me like an idiot
really it's my fault because I never say anything about it and just let it happen
and that's fine if you feel good about yourself and have the self-esteem to get over it
which I don't
plus I always make jokes demeaning myself just to get laughs because I guess making them laugh is my self-validation
all I am is a clown, something to be mocked
I mean I guess they respect me kinda, they invite me to stuff but I feel like I'm only being invited as an afterthought
it always seems like they have the most fun times when I'm not around
hell they probably only talk to me out of pity, I know I wouldn't want to hang around with someone who acts the way I do
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering