Super Dangan Ronpa Zero! [Chapter 4: Normal Days]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa Zero! [Chapter 4: Normal Days]

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Spoiler : Auditorium :
Suzuno sighed deeply, wondering just what she should do about this. It didn't take her long to find the answer. Why had she even bothered to hide it? In a way, this is what she wanted, all along.

"This much is true. The death of Uezama Yutaka's father was nothing more than an illusion, and I was the one behind it. I confess, and I take full responsibility. However..." She turned to Akane, resolve flashing in her eyes. "You cannot force me to apologize for an act I am not sorry for. I was well aware of what I was doing when I created the fabrication, and I have no regrets in doing so. This is my final statement on the matter. You may all choose to hate me, since you will regardless of my next move. I will accept that. In fact... that is how it should be."

She turned to Uezama, feeling the need to address him.

"As I said, Uezama Yutaka, I did nothing more than create a fabrication. An illusion. As far as I know, your father is still very much alive. You may do with that knowledge as you will."

She then addressed the group again.

"I have business elsewhere. If you all wish to spew hatred to me, you're certainly welcome to, but I fail to see what good it will do; It will not undo my actions, nor will it undo Uezama Yutaka's. What's done is done. But if you insist, go ahead: Just keep in mind that I have business outside of this gym." Emotion was completely devoid from her tone, as if she was reading from a script.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

So it was true.

Haha... Uezama truly had to wonder whether the mastermind had intended for the ploy to be uncovered or not. Or had Uezama's guilt, the dirty smudges on his conscience that would soon turn to muddy claws gripping the sides of his brain, simply been a catch-all, a plan B? But he'd made his peace with Michio. He wouldn't allow the guilt to drag him down and choke him.

As far as she knew, huh? It would truly be a masterstroke if Monobear were to kill his father now, in person this time, right before Uezama's eyes, right when his hope was strongest... But were they at that point yet? There was something about Suzuno Himekawa's deception that gave Uezama the feeling that this wasn't quite the endgame yet... No, the timing wasn't... right. This game had been a chaotic symphony of strings pulled and traps laid. And Uezama had had the distinct feeling, this entire time, like something soft and faint barely just brushing the back of his neck, leaving the skin tingling oddly, that there were cards being exchanged somewhere in the dark behind the curtains as well. The mastermind was watching them, yes, and plotting their downfall, but... It felt like there was something else. Something he hadn't managed to grasp, even with the whole camera fiasco... To be fair, that had been a preliminary attempt, and a rather badly timed one too, as it turned out. But was he in any position to make another...? They were currently balancing on a thread, but the thread continued for a while more... A more complete analysis would require further information. He'd make his decision following that.

His eyes turned to Suzuno Himekawa. Hers was a tangled mess he'd rather not touch for the moment. He had nothing to say to her, anyway. She really meant very little to him for now, though it was doubtless that she tied rather significantly into the main mystery. But it'd be far more efficient to let Ikegoma and the others deal with her first. He could pick up the pieces later.
Last edited by Wolf Speaker on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Post by lazyplague »

Amy tiptoes to the fourth floor hallway and starts doing jumping jacks while counting loudly so people could notice her. She makes a face like she has info to share.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Ryuuma heard Akane Riko's accusations towards Himekawa Suzuno. At the moment, he wasn't quite sure how to react. Sure, he no longer trusted his... Himekawa Suzuno as much as he used to. That much was a given. Ryuuma had tried to forgive. He had tried to forget. He had tried to put aside the anger he had felt towards her. After all... that was what you did, right? When you had somebody you cared about... you ignored their flaws. You tossed aside their mistakes. You attempted to pick up the pieces, and help them move on with their life.

Akane Riko's speech continued... more or less, a thorough analysis of everything that Himekawa Suzuno had done up to that point. And it was true. She had hurt... a lot of people. She had done a lot of damage. To him, to Uezama, and most certainly to Akane Riko. He had hurt people by hiding facts... critical ones. Everybody could have died, due to her lack of openness. Due to her desire to keep a vital piece of evidence a secret from everybody.

... But was it true that she meant for that to be a... total secret? She had entrusted Ryuuma with it, after all. As he recalled... she even gave him a cue when she felt the time was right to present it. Yes, she had hidden the balloon. And that was wrong... it was a misstep that could have cost them all their lives, if done improperly. But...

No. Ryuuma was already taking the first steps into rationalization and apologetics. It was tempting to try and find excuses for all that she had done. For all the damage that she had caused. It... it almost felt like his duty.

But now he was forgetting himself. Hadn't he made a realization last night? The person from... back then... and the person that went by the name Himekawa Suzuno... were completely different people. They had different motivations. They lived different lives. While, perhaps, there were remnants still there... he shouldn't cling to them. He shouldn't be pathetic enough to let sentimentality blind him to the facts. Facts that were staring him in the face.

But... he had tried. He had tried, damnit. That conversation... that conversation that felt like it was so long ago now. He had tried to help her move on. He had tried to... make her... her again. He had wanted her to embrace her past, but accept the present. To move on, to understand that life was different now. To be able for her to... be his sister, but understand that she couldn't cling to the past either. That they could work together, be friends, without desperately clinging to a past life that, at this point, was irretrievable. She had refused.

Did that have a part to play in all this? Was... everything she had done... somehow in service of that? No. It didn't matter. It didn't matter why she had done those things. That shouldn't grant her immunity from criticism. That shouldn't grant automatic forgiveness... no matter how much he wished that it could.

These thoughts all swirled in Ryuuma's head chaotically, Ryuuma's consciousness desperately trying to order them in a coherent sequence. Deal with one of them at a time. It... seemed to be a futile effort. At the moment, his thoughts were a mishmash of firm, stoic judgment, and emotional appeal. Of a desire that "Himekawa Suzuno" pay for her crimes, and a simultaneous desire for her to be given a reprieve. Ryuuma... didn't even know how to feel right now.

Maybe he should keep listening. Maybe that would guide him.

The speech reached its climax. And at that point Ryuuma froze. So Akane Riko thought she knew. She thought she knew what Ryuuma thought he knew. There was no confirmation, of course. But there were too many hints to merely ignore. To toss aside. To simply laugh off and then forget.

And, as Akane Riko finished her speech... Ryuuma couldn't help but feel moved. Yes, it had been directed at... her. It had been a rage-filled condemnation. But... it was, in the end, one that came from the heart. One that, as hard as he might desire to believe otherwise... was deserved.

Uezama and Sabakana Akai then said... stuff. Words. It was beyond Ryuuma's mental processes at the moment to comprehend what was said. And in the end... did it truly matter? Did their thoughts or opinions mean anything to Ryuuma at the moment?

No. They... really didn't. Not to him. Not right now.

Then... she spoke. She actually responded. She wouldn't just walk away in silence. Maybe there was hope. Maybe there was a chance at redemption. Maybe they could work together, and then... well... he wasn't sure what he wanted to happen after that. He just... he didn't know. He would think about that later.

But... her words. They cut. They burned. That was it? That was all any of them would get? She didn't regret the infinite damage that she had done? All the hurt she had caused due to her cruelty? (He paused for a moment. He thought back to the past. To... her smiles. Her laughter. But... they were distorted images now. Damaged. The laugh was more sinister that joyful. The smile had an undercurrent of malice. It was clear... he could never look at her the same way again. Not only had she ruined their present and future... she had taken the girl of his memories down with her as well.)

He shook his head. It was clear that reminiscing was useless. Pointless now. It was time to focus on the present.

That apology was something Uezama deserved. And... would apparently never truly get. But... there was so much more. All the secrets that she had kept. (Not to mention the ones she was probably still keeping.) The pain she had caused. Everything that... had caused him to not be able to trust the person here he wanted to trust the most.

He turned to her. He wanted to scream. He wanted to shout. He wanted to... beg. But he didn't. He couldn't. He wouldn't.

"That's it? You have no regrets. You have no actual apologies. This is all we will ever get from you?" Ryuuma's voice was dull. It was dry and flat.

He wanted to cry, but no tears fell. In the end... perhaps this wasn't worth crying over anymore.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Suzuno kept her back turned, knowing there was no going back from the decision she made. She stayed turned away from the group as she addressed Ryuuma.

"Everything I have done, I've done for a reason. My own reasons. The only way I know how. That is all I have to say... I will not ask for forgiveness, nor do I desire it. There is nothing else to be said on the matter."
Suzuno attempts to leave the Auditorium, cautious of anyone that may try to stop her.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
MonofumiYamada

Post by MonofumiYamada »

"Hey, wait!"

Akai fumbled around in his hat, and succeeded in pulling out a gun, which was now pointed straight at Suzuno.

"D-Don't move! M-My deals maybe crazy, but I-I'm perfectly serious!"

Sticky, warm sweat poured down Akai's brow as his eyes darted around the room. His grip was firm, but his hand was shaky.

"Y-You're not g-going anywhere! G-Guys!"

Akai turned to Akane, Uezama and Ryuuma.

"L-Let's tie her up or something!"

Akai swallowed.

"I mean, when Kenward-kun and Mattou-kun went crazy we...we locked them up, right? So, we need to make sure our deals don't change! I m-mean, I mean she might kill someone! Or wo-worse! Maybe s-she's the mastermind! If something poses a health threat, it needs to get...um...to get recalled, you know? Let's just lock her behind the counter or something, r-right guys? Since, if someone poses a threat to us, you'd have to be crazy not to protect yourselves fr-from them! I'm sure we have some high quality rope in stock that'll fit our needs perfectly, and I'm sure we can throw in a makeshift prison room for no extra cost! R-Right, guys?"

Akai glared at Suzuno, but his eyes were a bit teary with fear.
Profile picture made by the brilliant GotMLK7. It's my character for the RP Super Dangan Ronpa Zero.

"Upupupupupu~"-Monobear

Super High School Luck Naegi is the best DR character.

My favorite Ace Attorney characters are:
-Tyrell Badd
-Larry Butz
-Redd White
Ami

Post by Ami »

Her jaw clenched. Shades-kun being mentioned in such a casual manner irked her a bit. But now wasn't the time for pettiness. She didn't seem to even listen to Ryuuma, let alone did they have Amy here to keep things in order. Akane knew guns- or at least nervous people with guns. It was never a good combination. If they tried to restrain her- Ryuuma, Uezama, and herself- if there was a struggle and Akai decided to pull the trigger, it could kill any of them. This wasn't the ideal situation.

"Akai-san. Unless you plan on pulling that trigger now, we don't have much in the way of choices. We had... different resources back then, and holding Shades-kun took and Mattou-san took a lot of effort, remember? I don't think I'm in the shape to take on Suzuno-san so casually, so..." Akane turns to Suzuno. "Unless nee-chan cooperates, we'd do better to wait for Amy."

Her tone was that of frustration. She didn't like the choices as they were. Too many risks. And she'd seen enough death for a lifetime.

"Well, Akai-san? Are you going to do anything about her? Because my investigation is my contribution. I don't have much else.", she challenged, hoping that he would put down the gun.
since 2008!
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

"Well," Uezama said casually, "you could give me the gun. I'm a decent shot."
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle