AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Aer
Spoken languages: English

Re: AAO Sprite Hospital (Thread Revamped, Taking more Feedba

Post by Aer »

Putin, how exactly accurate to your sprite should edited sprites be? Because I've noticed your sprite has a red headband, but others also edited it so that it's the regular white-blue headband. Your thoughts?
--
I like to scratch sprite. Feel free to ask if you need anything :3
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

If you can improve on it/make it look REALLY good, better than the original version, then I'm all for your edits!

In addition, if you want to replace the headband with something ENTIRELY different, you can do so as well (but again, it should look good/should look like an improvement).

If for some reason you don't want a headband at all on her, you can remove it and just keep it at that (but I do expect that you're going to be editing another part of her outfit to make her stand out).

The headband that you see in the original sprite I posted was just a copy/paste job from the Mia T&T maid outfit. I like what the other artists have done to modify the color/make it look cleaner you know?
------------------

You see? Anything's possible, as long as it adds to the sprite nicely. You have no real restriction here in anything posted in this thread. Go nuts :D
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

I can't animate or anything like that, but I'd like to point out that in the first frame, her headband IS reddish, but then it switches to white-blue.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yep, the first frame is the original T&T one. Good eye
Aer

Post by Aer »

Ok, just making sure. Thanks, Putin.
Did some talking and blinking sprites for that original pose provided. changed the headband's color (which was why I was wondering about it in the first place). Did not fix the skin, arm, nor dress as I probably should have.
Image Image
I wanted all my sprites to be as accurate as they could be to the original (although I was slightly frustrated with so much of the skin being of different shades.)
The next sprite is a simple damage (more of a shock) sprite. The one you should use is on the right, because it plays only once. The one on the left is just on repeat for viewing's sake
Image Image
I think of maids as being gossipy people, so made this one.
Image Image
Sorry it took so long. Honestly, its because I'm not used to animating. I really dislike it.
There is another sprite, but it will probably take longer. Animating. Yay. :/
--
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Those are great sprites Aer! I can really see her slowly coming together.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Beautiful, I'm especially liking this facial expression:

Just from that, you can't even tell it's supposed to be the circus chick from JFA. (although yes the hair gives it away :P)

Although now I regret making her eye color the way it is atm, doesn't seem to complement her face all too well. Nevertheless, I like how you have the rest of the eye all reddish (as though she was crying alot recently or w/e)!

Will update the OP ASAP

Edit: Also, you don't have to animate if you don't want to (unless you have to animate to show what she's trying to express I guess)
Aer

Re: AAO Sprite Hospital (New Poses From Aer!)

Post by Aer »

Crying? That's how the sprite came as (originally on Regina), it wasn't meant to be reddish (Even pearly has skin color as her eye whites). I can make it whiter if you want.
I rather do like the eye color though. Gives her that glazed I-don't-really-give-a-care look. :3 I'll have the final pose I've been working on out soon.
--
Anyare
Spoken languages: ENG, FIL

Post by Anyare »

Oh, this sounds really interesting. C: I'd like to give it a try.
But I only use paint so I can't really access PDN files.. Yep. The XP one. Old school I know xD
If it isn't much of a problem, could anyone convert the Blue Maid's file into a PSD file? ( So that way I can open it! ) = v = ;;
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Uploading a psd version now (I won't post it at the OP atm though)! Thanks for the interest in this :)
Anyare
Spoken languages: ENG, FIL

Post by Anyare »

I made a few changes if you don't mind. It's funny, I didn't have to think of detailing ( ex. hair ) too much.
Your sprite kind of filled the details itself. Smoothening and recoloring were the only things I really did. C:
Spoiler : :
ImageImage
ImageImage
I'll be working on the other poses I guess. ^ ^;;
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Ah, you went for a more naturalistic look to her. I dig it! I'm not sure if other folks would though (as they might prefer the more poppyness to her in regards to the original acrobat girl's hair color). Still, it definitely starting to deviate away from the original bases :)

I think it could be considered easy to edit because I went for a "plain" design as much as possible, so it's kinda like its own base that you could go crazy with, you know what I mean?

I'll edit the OP later with your newest edits sooner or later ;)
SpazzyWings

Post by SpazzyWings »

Proton wrote:Ah, you went for a more naturalistic look to her. I dig it! I'm not sure if other folks would though (as they might prefer the more poppyness to her in regards to the original acrobat girl's hair color). Still, it definitely starting to deviate away from the original bases :)

I think it could be considered easy to edit because I went for a "plain" design as much as possible, so it's kinda like its own base that you could go crazy with, you know what I mean?

I'll edit the OP later with your newest edits sooner or later ;)
Acrobat? I thought Regina was an animal tamer! You mean to tell me my gameplay lied to me when Regina saved me from Regent?

Also, I love the natural look as well. It actually drains out the fact she was originally Regina. I actually envy that. I want to do something with that one of the days I play with Photoshop again.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

I'm a fan. Definitely makes the sprite feel a lot less frankenated and more like those parts are meant to be together. CONSISTENCYYYY
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Phantom

Re: AAO Sprite Hospital (Latest Edits by Anyare! +1 New Pose

Post by Phantom »

Alrighty, sorry for the holdup of the OP not being edited, since editing posts requires moderation approval. But now it's done!

Man, her face looks real good. I think I did a pretty bad job with the neck though (where it meets the shirt. Lack of shading perhaps?). If someone could fix that, then we can consider her head pretty much complete at this point (since I'm not sure what else you guys can do with it).

That being said, with the outfit smoothed out, you guys can either decide to spruce her outfit up, or create even more poses for her, to a point where it becomes a complete set. Right now, I think we can agree that this OC chica (what's her name? or occupation? age?), is good enough as it is to be used as a minor character in a fantrial, no?