[Suggestion][✓] Loop Time for Music

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

[Suggestion][✓] Loop Time for Music

Post by kwando1313 »

Right now, for selection of time to loop music on the AAO v6 Editor, it's set as a whole number. As a result, it's kinda difficult to get things to loop nicely. For that matter, I'm not even sure what the number in the loop represents. Is it seconds? Centiseconds? Milliseconds?

As a result, would it be possible to do at least one of the following?

a) Insert some sort of visual interface where we can select where in the track we want the song to loop from.(The most ideal for someone like me, but probably least likely option, considering it'd probably be not quick and easy to do.)
b) Put in decimals in the seconds we want it to loop from.
c) Clarify how the looping mechanism works in some matter of documentation.

Thanks!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Suggestion] Loop Time for Music

Post by Unas »

It's in milliseconds (like all durations in V6) and it's... not implemented in the player yet anyway ! ^^
I should do that soon though, it should be simple enough.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Ah, ok. That certainly explains why I couldn't get the music to loop as of yet. xP

Though, I'm guessing implementing a visual GUI to see where you want to loop it at is out of the question?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Yep, it won't be done - in fact I don't really see the point unless I could have a waveform drawn (like in Audacity or any audio editor) so that you could really see where you are in the music. But this... well, it's not among my plans.
I think soundmanager2 can generate this kind of data in some conditions, so it might not be technically impossible, but still it would be a huge lot of work
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Yeah, I figured so. xP (And it's not that difficult to look up the waveform myself... It's just slightly more work on my end. xP)

Thanks for the response though, Unas.

Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

The loop start time in the player is implemented now ;-)
ImageImageImage